I would love to see them keep the same body (save them $$ on R&D) and just improve the processor, camera, add some extra RAM and such. Maybe call it the Passport SSE (Silver Special Edition).
    *nerd*

Posted via CB10
    That would be nice, but I would also be open to a larger screen, in the vicinity of 5 inches, although it would be interesting to see how much wider it would be. Fantasy territory, but it would have been nice for the Passport to be the first of Google's ARA line (with BlackBerry bought by Google and with BlackBerry 10 kept as a secondary OS) and to have exchangeable components. But enough of this... there will never be a Passport 2, perhaps just that Droid Classic wannabe that is due next year. I might get one if it turns out to be a decent handset, but I'll still keep my Passport as a second phone because even though I tried to replace it with something else, I just couldn't; I like it too much.

You can have it in any colour as long as it's black
    09-13-16 01:59 AM
    It would be great, if properly supported. This concept has a lot of potential. A PP2 with BBOS and physical keyboard of course... otherwise it wouldn't be as special.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 03:47 PM
    Passport 2? Yes please!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 06:11 PM
    I am 200 percent satisfied with the SE.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-13-16 07:05 PM
    How about day glow lime green with pink and orange accents??
    That sounds like something punks or wild people would like.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    09-13-16 11:15 PM
    My 9900 works great too. Does that also mean BBOS isn't dead?

*C5303

I don't think dead means what you think it means!
    Hey! If it works... IT'S ALIVE....... IT'S ALIVE ! ! !
    09-14-16 12:41 AM
    Originally Posted by rwb
    Hey! This is an equal opportunity forum!
    Besides, I grew up in the 60's. I don't understand what you think is so wild about day glow lime green with pink and orange accents? Sounds like a great trip!!
    dmlis likes this.
    09-14-16 12:49 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more. The Passport Silver Edition I wanted so bad until I realized it's the exact same phone I already have in my original Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 01:51 AM
    Ya my passport is still, after two years, the best phone I could ever ask for. BUT, the day will inevitably come where it will have to be replaced. Nothing else in the BlackBerry line will suffice, and I refuse to leave BlackBerry. So what to do? I hope we're taken care of like we've been thus far.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 01:55 AM
    "Do We Really Need Passport 2 ?"

Yes we do. BlackBerry would've been in a better position had they release a proper successor to the Passport and Z30.
    Yes, you're so right! Why wouldn't BlackBerry build on their successful devices? To do so would only enlarge it's fan base much like the Galaxy S and Note, and the IPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 02:06 AM
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 02:37 AM
    Well some people try and act ludicrously, because that's what they are best at. However, they miss the wood for the trees. The issue is whether we need a Passport 2, and obviously, or not? My answer to this is an emphatic Yes. This is because though it's going strong, yet it's around 3 years old now, and from all angles and respects, and by any reckoning, it's one of the best phones in the market, and has withstood obsolescence. The only thing that goes against and in its favour, as well, is It's shape which is the best for a Super Communicator. I am a Senior officer of the Indian Government, and I have found it as an excellent tool for everything. Since, obviously, I'm not into videos and gaming, at my age and stage of life, Passport is the ultimate inevitable Communicator for me. Youngsters, however, might feel, a bit different, but even the gaming and video experience is not that bad. What would it behove a company to sacrifice the Communicator angles and aspects for purely transitional purposes of gaming and videos. I think the BlackBerry and John Chen have done a great job out of Passport and the second should be in the offing. I have elevated myself to a Passport Silver Edition, and I am unprecedentedly satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) and moosbb like this.
    09-14-16 04:34 AM
    Well some people try and act ludicrously, because that's what they are best at. However, they miss the wood for the trees. The issue is whether we need a Passport 2, and obviously, or not? My answer to this is an emphatic Yes. This is because though it's going strong, yet it's around 3 years old now, and from all angles and respects, and by any reckoning, it's one of the best phones in the market, and has withstood obsolescence. The only thing that goes against and in its favour, as well, is It's shape which is the best for a Super Communicator. I am a Senior officer of the Indian Government, and I have found it as an excellent tool for everything. Since, obviously, I'm not into videos and gaming, at my age and stage of life, Passport is the ultimate inevitable Communicator for me. Youngsters, however, might feel, a bit different, but even the gaming and video experience is not that bad. What would it behove a company to sacrifice the Communicator angles and aspects for purely transitional purposes of gaming and videos. I think the BlackBerry and John Chen have done a great job out of Passport and the second should be in the offing. I have elevated myself to a Passport Silver Edition, and I am unprecedentedly satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    Do you actually talk like that in the "real" world?? I think I just got ADHD from reading your post.

But,.That aside... I couldn't agree more!
    As for MY statehood... I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have the followers to prove it

Disclaimer:
    I'm 65 and can't remember what I had for breakfast!!

(of course, I'm just kidding with you. We DO try to make our newbies feel welcome! ).
    09-14-16 06:43 PM
    Originally Posted by rwb http://forums.crackberry.com/images/...post-right.png

Hey! This is an equal opportunity forum!
    Besides, I grew up in the 60's. I don't understand what you think is so wild about day glow lime green with pink and orange accents? Sounds like a great trip!!
    I remember the 60's also, it's when I grew up. When was the last time you saw a lime green blackberry or any phone? They exist but that color would just be obnoxious to have to look at.
    09-14-16 06:50 PM
    Processor :Snapdragon 821
    RAM: 4 GB
    Inbuilt Memory : 64GB-256GB
    Camera : 18MP-8MP

That's what we expect for Passport 2..

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 10:50 AM
    Processor :Snapdragon 821
    RAM: 4 GB
    Inbuilt Memory : 64GB-256GB
    Camera : 18MP-8MP

That's what we expect for Passport 2..

Posted via CB10
    4GB of RAM ???
    Is BB10 already 64 bit to be able to use that much RAM?

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-17-16 10:15 AM
    We don't need any other BlackBerry phone, Passport or otherwise, if they decide to neglect it as badly as BB10. I'm a hardcore fan, but just sold mine due to frustration. We deserve better. Hopefully, the new Android Blackberrys restore some confidence.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 08:53 AM
    The Passport form factor and PKB is amazing. It'd be extremely difficult to move away from this...regardless of the OS.

BB10 or an equivalent upgrade would be needed of course.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-18-16 01:42 PM
    4GB of RAM ???
    Is BB10 already 64 bit to be able to use that much RAM?

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    None of the BB10 chipsets (all four of them) implement the ARMv8 instruction set, which brings 64-bit to ARM, so I'm guessing no.
    09-18-16 03:39 PM
    Life without my Passport would be...unthinkable...☹
    09-19-16 04:19 PM
    Food for Thought: A Passport 4 would be twice as good as a Passport 2.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    09-28-16 11:19 AM
71 123