Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 08:42 AM
    What makes you think there's going to be a Passport 2?
    andy957 likes this.
    09-10-16 08:43 AM
    I would like that!

Posted via CB10
    Cornishgirl2 and dirtyberry75 like this.
    09-10-16 08:52 AM
    I would love a Passport 2. In a perfect world we would have a BB10 Passport with full google play.

We don't live in a perfect world though and the chances of us getting a second Passport are slim to non-existent with a strong leaning to the non-existent side.
    Cornishgirl2 likes this.
    09-10-16 09:24 AM
    Yes, there needs to be a Passport 2, IMO, the question is rather of matter of particulars. If BB 10 is used, then it can continue adhere to the 1:1 screen ratio and PKB. If Android is chosen, however, then it would have to be converted to an all-touch 4:3 ratio, along the lines of LG's Vu 3, to maintain the outer Passport shape as 1:1 screen ratios are not authorized for Android.

Personally, I would be fine with either option. BB 10 is great, but I am far more attached to the screen width as a productivity tool than I am to a particular OS. What I find the most disappointing in this drive to reduce mobile platforms down to just two systems is the stifling device conformity being imposed on consumers by the hardware manufacturers: candy bars that all look the same... which BTW stink when it comes to editing spreadsheets or reviewing documents.

BlackBerry achieved something strikingly different with the current Passport, one might say even iconic in an Apple "Think Different" sort of way if the company were willing to add that to their security mantra. I really hope there will be another incarnation of the Passport. Meanwhile, I will hang onto mine as long as possible.
    09-10-16 10:09 AM
    Expect it to hit the shelves shortly after the PlayBook 2 is released.
    dmlis, BBRYQ10, BB-JAM215 and 3 others like this.
    09-10-16 10:20 AM
    The question is: if there were a Passport 2, would BlackBerry be sufficiently smart to make it enough of an upgrade to convince us to upgrade from our current Passports?

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-10-16 11:22 AM
    I'll be honest, I bought my passport when it came out new and I'm getting really, really nervous that when it comes time to replace this phone that there will not be a valid replacement for me (don't say the stupid non-keyboard thing whatever its called). I would LOVE a more feature-rich, faster, better camera passport 2.
    09-10-16 12:31 PM
    I'll be honest, I bought my passport when it came out new and I'm getting really, really nervous that when it comes time to replace this phone that there will not be a valid replacement for me (don't say the stupid non-keyboard thing whatever its called). I would LOVE a more feature-rich, faster, better camera passport 2.
    I'm along the same lines.

Although the current Passport is perfectly fine for my use-case now. Just really could use an update to the native browser.

dirtyberry75 likes this.
    09-10-16 12:38 PM
    Ya my passport is still, after two years, the best phone I could ever ask for. BUT, the day will inevitably come where it will have to be replaced. Nothing else in the BlackBerry line will suffice, and I refuse to leave BlackBerry. So what to do? I hope we're taken care of like we've been thus far.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-10-16 01:06 PM
    I too dread the day I will need to return to a proper 'smartphone' for making and receiving calls, emails, texts, recording and light surfing and music listening etc. and then needing to use a laptop or another bigger tablet for reading my briefs, doing my day-to-day reports, trimming and uploading photos, sending video files, accounts etc.. I really don't want to return to those days at all when I can do everything I need, pretty much, from one portable device. The BBPP is my third arm and not one I wanted amputated.
    09-10-16 01:45 PM
    I'd love to see an updated passport 2. I still use the OG passport and plan on continuously using it until it doesn't do what I need it to do. Until then I'm waiting to hear more news on the mercury.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    09-10-16 01:47 PM
    "Do We Really Need Passport 2 ?"

Yes we do. BlackBerry would've been in a better position had they release a proper successor to the Passport and Z30.
    09-10-16 05:01 PM
    Absolutely, even though I have an unused PPSE waiting to replace my 2-year old OG.
    We need a Passport 2 with updated BB10 and browser, with even more features of a laptop, faster processor, higher screen resolution, same touch keyboard with pinch and zoom, better RF transceiver, better, dual camera, 4K-video, same form factor, even better battery.
    Got too used to not needing a laptop when I travel.

It's not going to happen with Chen.
    dirtyberry75 likes this.
    09-10-16 09:23 PM
    I shudder to think of having to go back to typing on a screen.
    dmlis likes this.
    09-10-16 09:31 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Nope we don't

Posted via iphone 7
    09-10-16 09:47 PM
    Of course we do! And it is a BB10!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and JMDBERRY like this.
    09-11-16 01:45 AM
    Yes we still need a PP2, but we will never see one. BB10 is the walking dead.
    dirtyberry75 likes this.
    09-11-16 05:57 AM
    There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the current Passport, mostly just needs some software updates.
    09-11-16 07:34 AM
    Yes very true, it's not going to happen with Chen.. BlackBerry need someone as on top position. A person who understand feeling of BlackBerry lover like us..

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    09-11-16 10:48 AM
    What makes you think there's going to be a Passport 2?
    Stated continued support of BB10!

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-11-16 10:59 AM
    Yessss!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 11:02 AM
    Does it matter? You're not getting one.
    arkenoi likes this.
    09-11-16 11:08 AM
    I got my PP right after it was launched on the market, as of now, I don't see a suitable replacement for it, I just keep hoping that Chen understand the true meaning and value a loyal customer.

Posted via CB10
    dirtyberry75 and jope28 like this.
    09-11-16 11:23 AM
    Does it matter? You're not getting one.
    Party pooper!

How many kids have you told that Santa Claus isn't real just in the past week?

Last edited by jope28; 09-11-16 at 12:37 PM.
    09-11-16 11:46 AM
71 123