You dont need a screen protector, i never used one and my phones are fine. It is just to keep the screen clean against fingerprints or dirt, but the screen itself is scratch resistant enough. I dont like them too, feels weird to tap and swipe on them, so go naked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-12-16 10:56 AM
    i have one small scratch on my Passport screen that i never notice. i've tried multiple screen protectors in the past, and i always go back to naked. it's really a tough phone, been dropped from hip level many many times without much wear.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:31 PM
    i dont like them. i just try to put it in the case when done or when taking it somewhere.
    03-12-16 01:18 PM
    If I were you I'd consider a case and screen protector if you drop your phone often. I just use a micro fiber cloth to wipe my screen, but I've never dropped my PP.
    03-12-16 01:26 PM
    After a little over a year with the passport and i treat it with allot of care, i only have two tiny scratches, personally i believe screen protectors no matter how good they are do affect the screen one way or another.

However, not sure if anyone else running with a naked screen shares the same thing but my screen now tends to collect smudges and finger prints easier than it used to, it also requires a bit more work to clean as well. as if the screen has lost some of it's coating efficiency or something. maybe it's just me.
    03-13-16 01:16 PM
    Get a tempered glass, eg Nilkin. It fits perfectly leaving no air bubble. It also guarantees the transparency and protection for the screen
    Does it impede the screen touch a tad like Mr. Sheilds glass protector for the SE does? Also hold fingerprints! I need to swap!

I think...

I want to try seidios but no review and pricey!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:46 AM
    Does it impede the screen touch a tad like Mr. Sheilds glass protector for the SE does? Also hold fingerprints! I need to swap!

I think...

I want to try seidios but no review and pricey!

Posted via CB10
    Of course the screen will be a tad higher but it is not that inconvenient. After few days, you will get used to it or remember it or even bother by it.
    Nilkin is cheap but not poor in quality. It does attract grease but not much. I think it is best in P/P deal you can get.
    03-15-16 10:45 AM
    Never had one and so far so good. Just be careful..
    03-15-16 10:52 AM
    Of course the screen will be a tad higher but it is not that inconvenient. After few days, you will get used to it or remember it or even bother by it.
    Nilkin is cheap but not poor in quality. It does attract grease but not much. I think it is best in P/P deal you can get.
    I had one on q 10 thick glass never scratched or broke nor collected grease that was from a company called, drum roll please.......?

TechPro, man was that real glass protector awesome ! Last I checked only one used on amazon! LOL. Not to be confused with ProTech!

Do I Really Need a Screen Protector?-img_20160315_142847.jpg

Posted via CB10
    3yE likes this.
    03-15-16 01:29 PM
    I have had just a tempered glass put on my Passport. But for some reason, the size doesn't quite fit the screen as there are still little spaces left uncovered on each side. But anyway, I feel quite protected.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:58 PM
    What are other peoples' perspectievs and experiences?
    I'm using a tempered glass screen protector I got thru Amazon, and, yes, you should use one. While the tempered glass protector I got is not an exact fit, it is a good product. GET ONE!
    03-15-16 08:57 PM
    Initially when I purchased the pp I did not peal the original protector off the screen. I keep using the pp in that way for a couple of months until one day I removed the protector. I have been using the non-protector-screen for half a year, and so far nothing wrong with the screen, no scratch at all. Of course I am always carefully and using a leather holder to hold the pp whenever I am not using the pp.

Posted via CB10
    I hold my PP in nylon when not in use. :x

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Did he say PP! Hah...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 05:14 PM
    No way

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-16-16 10:12 PM
    Was using screen protector off and on since I bought passport SE. Used without screen protector for around last 20 days since I ordered tempered glass protector and it took that much days to get delivered from china. I would say not a single scratch on the screen has occured while using without screen protector. Also like the feeling of touching the screen without any extra layer on it. Nevertheless, put that tempered glass protector on the screen today.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 10:23 PM
    "I would say not a single scratch on the screen has occured while using without screen protector"......
    I would say if it occured then there would be no chance to turn the clock back. Once it's there, it's there. Putting the screen protector on my Classic was the first thing after inserting the sim/memory card. The same will happen with Passport when I get one.
    03-27-16 04:45 AM
    No need screen protector or cases!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 12:19 AM
    No need screen protector or cases!

Posted via CB10
    Me too

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    03-29-16 12:26 AM
    I use in my older phones plastic screen protectors but in the last an HTC one m7 I used tempered glass and wow it's great works very nice and for my new passport SE I bought an protector from stilgut this
    Do I Really Need a Screen Protector?-img_20160329_175926.jpg I hope that's good

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 11:00 AM
    Used my SE two days and already two faint scratches. Not worth the risk. Must get protector. They're cheap insurance.

Posted via CB10 with the Passport SE
    04-08-16 03:03 AM
    For some reason I've come to believe if I have a thick screen protector and my Passport drops, the adhesive bond will somehow keep the screen intact or at the least keep the shards all glued to the protector.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    04-08-16 08:35 PM
    I use in my older phones plastic screen protectors but in the last an HTC one m7 I used tempered glass and wow it's great works very nice and for my new passport SE I bought an protector from stilgut this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160329_175926.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	395621 I hope that's good

Posted via CB10
    I found the cheap ones one ebay from China are fine as long as you install it right. They can sometimes skimp on the silicone adhesive though leaving rough spots on the edges. I got one on my Moto X for $2 with free shipping and it feels better than the vinyl ones.

Posted via CB10 with the Passport SE
    04-08-16 08:48 PM
    Passport is as hard as a rock! I dropped it once face down waist high on the tennis court. Nothing happened. You need nothing. Haha.

Mia San Mia!
    04-09-16 07:05 AM
    Screen protectors are not required anymore on any device. They are huge profit makers for manufacturers and make the user experience worse.

Most people keep their devices for 24 to 36 months. With Gorilla Glass, the likelihood of a serious scratch are virtually zero.

Most scratches come from sand or salt and possibly dirt. For example, eating potato chips or any salty food and using your phone is probably the worst thing you can do.

Keys and coins will not scratch the screen and dropping it will not be mitigated by a screen protector.

People become obsessed with scratches, but the average plastic protector looks like crap and is always scratched.

Enjoy your screen naked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    04-09-16 09:02 AM
    Being a little obsessive the sight of a scratch on my screen would drive me to despair.
    04-09-16 12:10 PM
    Screen protectors are not required anymore on any device. They are huge profit makers for manufacturers and make the user experience worse.

Most people keep their devices for 24 to 36 months. With Gorilla Glass, the likelihood of a serious scratch are virtually zero.

Most scratches come from sand or salt and possibly dirt. For example, eating potato chips or any salty food and using your phone is probably the worst thing you can do.

Keys and coins will not scratch the screen and dropping it will not be mitigated by a screen protector.

People become obsessed with scratches, but the average plastic protector looks like crap and is always scratched.

Enjoy your screen naked.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    That's what I thought too when I got my Passport SE. I mean it says it's Gorilla Glass 3. I couldn't wait for my tempered glass protector to come so I started using it right way. And wouldn't you know it, I found two very faint scratches after 2 days.

Luckily the adhesive from the tempered glass I finally got fills it and it's not visible with it on. For ~$10, it's worth it for me.
    04-09-16 01:50 PM
56 123