I used my Q10 without a screen protector for more than a year and I am not super careful, but I found the screen to be highly scratch resistant and I dropped it many times and it never broke. I can't imagine the screen on the Passport is any worse? It has a peel off protector but that has distortions and I am inclined to remove it.

What are other peoples' perspectievs and experiences?
    02-20-16 11:11 PM
    I've always used a quality protector on my Blackberrys up to myZ10. keep my devices spotless and Zagg really worked great for me.
    I've never bought them to protect from scratches but from my finger prints.

When I got the Passport, the screen protectors didn't do the job for me. And I found it easier to keep clean without them.
    Again, I've never been concerned with scratching the glass.

The passport is my ninth BlackBerry and while my first (Pearl) was a solid device,MY passport is simple indestructible. (I said "MY" because I've read some stories from many people here who's phone were literally possessed!

If you treat your investments with care , you don't need anything but a soft cloth to keep it looking good. If it's in your back pocket, well, it's your device.
    But, It appears to me that you're overlooking the main problem here. Dropping your phone (or anything for that matter) "many times" isn't exactly normal.
    You may want to check in with your doctor and make sure you don't have some condition that makes you drop things!
    (just my opinion, of course)
    02-21-16 12:07 AM
    Totally agree with both of you i.e. screen protectors are really not worth it and IMO actually ends up spoiling the look of the phone. So easy to get air bubbles or dust underneath and takes some of the 'shine' off the screen.

Also as you've stated with reasonable care it's actually difficult to scratch a screen.

Putting a screen protector on is a bit like putting a plastic cover on a sofa a la 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding ' - so my advice - Go Naked! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-21-16 12:50 AM
    I've stopped using screen protection when I was migrating to BB10. First device was the Dev Alpha B and changed to Q10 from the get go. I'd bought an Otterbox at start for the Q but returned it the same day I received it. Since then I decided to use my Q naked as well as my Passport right now. They're rock solid and if you use your device a bit with care you don't need a screen protection nor a case.

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    02-21-16 03:35 AM
    Never used a screen protector and i love the feel of the screen when I removed the on stock protective film that came with it when I bought it. But I'm the type who puts the phone in a case all the time, so no scratches. I dropped the phone maybe 4 times on the floor, but no scratches.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2474
    02-21-16 03:56 AM
    The real reason for my screen protector is fingerprints and smudges

Tech Armor and Mr Shields antiglare/anti fingerprint does a great job and I never need to wipe the screen

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    02-21-16 01:17 PM
    I just recently put a tempered glass screen protector on my SE, first time using such a protector too. Wow, what's difference compared to regular film protectors! The glass looks so clean and smooth, it almost feels so well integrated into the phone's display. Why didn't I think of this sooner?
    02-21-16 02:43 PM
    Can you please give the link which glass protector you put. I am planning to put glass protector instead of regular this time.
    Also when swiping from bottom edge, does the swiping feel natural or there's a slight edge feeling between keyboard and glass protector.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-21-16 03:39 PM
    I have always used a good case for my device without a screen protector and have never had any problems with the screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:53 PM
    Might as well spend a few dollars and get one.

My BlackBerrys have never had a broken screen, but what bothers me the most is when a screen has a scratching on it... I can't seem to forget that it's there, and always seems to be visible.

That's why I get screen protectors.
    02-21-16 05:09 PM
    Can you please give the link which glass protector you put. I am planning to put glass protector instead of regular this time.
    Also when swiping from bottom edge, does the swiping feel natural or there's a slight edge feeling between keyboard and glass protector.

Posted with Passport SE
    It's just the one from the CrackBerry store, there's only one tempered glass protector for the SE by Seido.
    02-21-16 08:17 PM
    I used my Q10 without a screen protector for more than a year and I am not super careful, but I found the screen to be highly scratch resistant and I dropped it many times and it never broke. I can't imagine the screen on the Passport is any worse? It has a peel off protector but that has distortions and I am inclined to remove it.

Rocking a seidio case and belt clip which is awesome along with Mr shield solid glass protector which fits the screen perfect! No residue behind if want to take it off either!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 08:10 AM
    Might as well spend a few dollars and get one.

My BlackBerrys have never had a broken screen, but what bothers me the most is when a screen has a scratching on it... I can't seem to forget that it's there, and always seems to be visible.

That's why I get screen protectors.
    Yes, but unlike earlier versions of Blackberry screens, I find the last two to be virtually scratch proof or highly scratch resistant (I'm not talking about taking a nail to the glass). I think Blackberry has treated their screens somehow to become break and scratch resistant, whereas previous versions like Bold or earlier would scratch through normal use and I would be a silicon scratch protector which would bubble and wasn't ideal). I don't use a case and I do drop it and the metal can scratch...but if I'm right, I think they've done something to improve the screens Don't know if this is factually true, or if it applies to other manufacturers?
    02-22-16 12:00 PM
    Just took of the protector of my Passport , damn feels so much better and more fluid in all gestures...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 04:52 PM
    Using without any protector right now but damn passport screen is a fingerprint magnet.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-23-16 05:01 PM
    Always go bare. If you have a big enough drop your screen is toast anyhow.

Sent via Passport SE~!
    02-23-16 05:40 PM
    Use a tempered glass protector. You won't even notice it, especially on an SE.

I just got mine today and don't notice it. Never going back to the old film plastic protectors. Just gives me peace of mind if I put the pp in my coat pocket with the house keys or coins.

Chris - Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 07:21 PM
    Honestly I would say you should get one. I have had my passport 10 months and have a few small scratches on the screen. They aren't bad, but there none the less.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:09 AM
    I am using a matte screen protector and it helps quite a lot with reflections. You don't feel it at all.
    02-24-16 04:45 AM
    I've never used any screen protection on my passport, I'm just careful with my baby. I did use a belt holster with my Z10,Z30 and Q10s but I can't justify the price of the Passports belt holster.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    02-24-16 05:24 AM
    Just took of the protector of my Passport , damn feels so much better and more fluid in all gestures...

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking of doing same with my Mr shield se protector as it for sure hinders it a tad! It has gorilla glass three wish I got a reg protected now as in not this thick glass just a cheap flimsy one if any be ideal! I do wonder how the pricey seidio glass screen protector is though as have the case and clip already!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 06:25 PM
    I don't think that's must! But I just 'feel' safer with a nicer protector! So I use one.

Posted via my lovely SE passport!
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-12-16 02:10 AM
    Get a tempered glass, eg Nilkin. It fits perfectly leaving no air bubble. It also guarantees the transparency and protection for the screen
    03-12-16 07:59 AM

No need for a screen protector. The screen is tough enough. I use a flip case and, honestly, my justification for that was for protecting the keyboard from excessive heat. My first Passport had the double typing issue which I thought might have been caused by the heat exposure from being in my pocket and living in the tropics. I've had this second Passport for about 5 months now and all is well... no screen lifting, double typing, or scratches of any kind.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 08:08 AM
    Initially when I purchased the pp I did not peal the original protector off the screen. I keep using the pp in that way for a couple of months until one day I removed the protector. I have been using the non-protector-screen for half a year, and so far nothing wrong with the screen, no scratch at all. Of course I am always carefully and using a leather holder to hold the pp whenever I am not using the pp.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 09:00 AM
56 123