06-13-15 05:03 PM
62 123
tools
    I really like the solid feel of the Classic, can you tell me if Passport has the same feel to it and is it classed as a top of the range Blackberry?
    I had a Classic for a while, but sold it and went back to my old Q10. I recently got a Passport. I must say that I find the Passport of a much higher quality than the Classic. I am still trying to get used to the Passport's screen and keyboard, but whether I get to love it or not, I believe Passport is the top of the range and most premium BlackBerry!
    04-03-15 07:02 PM
    I cannot wait for the Classic to evolve into a Baby Passport ...

or a Passport to have an offspring to a booklet ... 4.5" screen with dedicated Call & End buttons!
    Keeping the wide format, keeping the 3 row keyboard to alow for the Work Wide 4.5" screen yet primarily keeping the Touch-Physical Keyboard!!

Yeah baby THAT would ROCK!
    04-03-15 11:44 PM
    Passport all the way,

Ypu'll love the passport

the only thing I would say is if you want a small phone the classic is for you,

if you don't mind a bigger phone, then the passport is the way to go as you get some excellent benefits
    such as HUGE, HUGE, HUGE screen, excellent battery and amazing large keyboard
    04-04-15 12:06 AM
    As far as the feel and sturdiness, it is extremely high quality. Also, a bit on the heavy side, so keep that in mind-- if you use rugged cases, that will add quite a bit more weight. The back has a nice texturized rubber which has a hard time getting scratched. The silver bezel gives it a touch of class.

My only complaint hardware-wise is the sim and SD cover, which sucks to pull off when you need to, and the keyboard, which is somewhat wide for my hands. I could hammer out over 220wpm on my Q10; not so with this phone.... I can maybe do half that, although I've only had this phone for a few days now. As time goes on I'm sure I could type faster on it. And if you have big hands, you've nothing to fear about that

In regards to whether it will outlast other phones in the field... well, check out this video and see for yourself:

There is a reason this is currently the flagship phone for BlackBerry. Don't be wooed by the Classic's toolbelt: from what I've heard, there are few apps that actually support the trackpad, whereas most DO support the Passport's touch keyboard.

Just my 2 cents

EDIT: did I write 220wpm? I think I meant letters per minute, cause I can't even do that much on a computer keyboard! Lol

 = ♥
    04-04-15 05:53 AM
    Remember to have access to a smartphone is a privilege and not a right. I do believe however everybody should have access to a mobile phone, especially women and for people who maybe persecuted for who they are in certain regions as the ability to call somebody for help can save lives.

So the answer to your original question about needed a Passport? No. But depends what you want to use it for and whether it's gonna improve your lifestyle and make you happier.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 05:58 AM
    I have ordered a PP without touching one (no stores local stock it) and after reading the reviews /youtube vids ordered one.

Personally can't wait now.

Q10 - 10.3.1.2708
    04-04-15 06:06 AM
    EVERYbody needs a Passport.
    I'm on Verizon so it's "no soup for you!" But I'd get one if Verizon would sell/support it, and of course if BlackBerry would make it.
    Same with me.. On Verizon (company paid)... and if I want a Passport than I have to pay. I bought one and then returned it. I loved it but not enough to actually pay for it myself.... So the Classic it is for now
    04-04-15 07:52 AM
    My only complaint hardware-wise is the sim and SD cover, which sucks to pull off when you need to, and the keyboard, which is somewhat wide for my hands.
    I totally agree. The Sim/SD cover on the Passport is not engineered very well. I feel I may break it every time I pull it off.

I also agree with your comment regarding Passport's keyboard. I don't have small hands, but I too find it too wide to comfortably type on. I have only been using it for about a week though. Some people are saying it might take a month to get used to it. So, I am going to wait and see, but I doubt I will ever become as fast on it as on the Q10 or the Classic!
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    04-04-15 07:59 AM
    How often do you need to pull off that cover? For me that's no issue.

And the keyboard thing is personal. My hands are rather large and for me the keyboard is absolutely not to too big at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 08:52 AM
    My only complaint hardware-wise is the sim and SD cover, which sucks to pull off when you need to
     = ♥
    I found it tight too and was afraid of damaging it using brutal force. But try this: use the thinnest and least important plastic card you can find in your wallet, i.e. a library card or a department store point collection card, chip it in the gap and open the cover.

This way you won't scratch the cover or the card and it's the pretty easy to do.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-04-15 08:56 AM
    Love my Passport, came from a Z10. Highly recommended.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708
    04-04-15 09:20 AM
    How often do you need to pull off that cover? For me that's no issue.
    For me, quite often, since:

1. I travel a lot, needing to change sims often.
    2. I have multiple BB10 devices. I use them interchangeably for different occasions.
    04-04-15 10:45 AM
    As far as the feel and sturdiness, it is extremely high quality. Also, a bit on the heavy side, so keep that in mind-- if you use rugged cases, that will add quite a bit more weight. The back has a nice texturized rubber which has a hard time getting scratched. The silver bezel gives it a touch of class.

My only complaint hardware-wise is the sim and SD cover, which sucks to pull off when you need to, and the keyboard, which is somewhat wide for my hands. I could hammer out over 220wpm on my Q10; not so with this phone.... I can maybe do half that, although I've only had this phone for a few days now. As time goes on I'm sure I could type faster on it. And if you have big hands, you've nothing to fear about that

In regards to whether it will outlast other phones in the field... well, check out this video and see for yourself:

There is a reason this is currently the flagship phone for BlackBerry. Don't be wooed by the Classic's toolbelt: from what I've heard, there are few apps that actually support the trackpad, whereas most DO support the Passport's touch keyboard.

Just my 2 cents

EDIT: did I write 220wpm? I think I meant letters per minute, cause I can't even do that much on a computer keyboard! Lol

 = ♥
    I was upset about my terrible typing speed last week. It didn't take many days for it to improve. Helped that I was away on a course last week and family was BBMing me non stop. I got a lot of practice.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:48 AM
    I'm facing the same decision. Currently, I have - and love - the Q10, but am tempted by the Passport. The higher specs and bigger screen, combined with the physical keyboard, are very tempting.
    04-04-15 11:17 AM
    I just got the PP. To be honest, the keyboard is awful, it's solid and oddly designed, so, it's uncomfortable to type. The thing is, typing is the keypoint to a Blackberry. Just for your reference.

Posted via Passport
    So return it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-15 11:43 AM
    wait the year out. your classic should hold you down till then i guess. that way you can test out the slider and go from there
    04-04-15 01:01 PM
    Agreed but you come off quite condescending. When I get the time I will update. Until then, check out the "I got my Passport" page and you will see my post of my Passport.
    04-07-15 12:46 PM
    I will make it easy for you: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11490406
    Now, where is yours?
    Should update profile with one holding a passport.
    04-07-15 12:49 PM
    Depends what country your from and where your travelling. I'm from the UK and I don't need if I'm travelling too Wales or Scotland however.......if travelling to Europe or America whoaaa completely different story.

However I tried getting in to Greece and they wouldn't let me in with my passport.

Apparently I needed the burgundy picture one not the black passport type

Morale of the story get both to cover yourself. Just like I now do.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    04-07-15 12:55 PM
    Not meaning to sound like I don't believe you, just want to see hot women with passports. I think you had an older device.

Attachment 340808
    I will make it easy for you: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11490406
    Now, where is yours?
    04-07-15 01:30 PM
    You won't regret the screen size. I've had my PP for a few months and could never go back to a small screen. I recently bought an iPhone 6+ for a staff member and, despite its size, has a small screen....unless you rotate it.

BB Proud
    04-07-15 01:46 PM
    Does the new Avatar answer any doubts now? I don't like the "hot women" part of your post here. It doesn't matter what a woman looks like dressed up or down. We are all human and all bleed the same color. Get over yourself. Shallow is how I see you with your posts. Where is yours? HUH? You still have yet to show it with YOU holding it showing your face. Not something you can pick up from the net anywhere.

Not meaning to sound like I don't believe you, just want to see hot women with passports. I think you had an older device.

Attachment 340808
    04-25-15 05:02 PM
    Remember to have access to a smartphone is a privilege and not a right. I do believe however everybody should have access to a mobile phone, especially women and for people who maybe persecuted for who they are in certain regions as the ability to call somebody for help can save lives.

So the answer to your original question about needed a Passport? No. But depends what you want to use it for and whether it's gonna improve your lifestyle and make you happier.

Posted via CB10
    Forgive me if this comes across as rude.... but please.. get over yourself... not everything needs to be a political statement.. It is a safe assumption that if you are on this page and are commenting on a cell phone, you are not starving to death and being persecuted... There are plenty of places to spew your political point of view. but this isn't one of them.. This is CRACKBERRY not HRW (Human Rights Watch)....

To answer the OP's question..... Yes, you NEED a Passport.. it is awesome
    05-05-15 08:08 AM
    Depends what country your from and where your travelling. I'm from the UK and I don't need if I'm travelling too Wales or Scotland however.......if travelling to Europe or America whoaaa completely different story.

However I tried getting in to Greece and they wouldn't let me in with my passport.

Apparently I needed the burgundy picture one not the black passport type

Morale of the story get both to cover yourself. Just like I now do.

Posted via CB10
    Shame the black one needs to charge - if you could only carry a spare battery in your... jacket!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:59 PM
    I went from Q10 to a Passport and love it in every part. A great work tool, keyboard is great to work on. One personal caution note. When talking I prefer to use bluetooth earpiece or connect in car, I still find it a tad awkward to talk on. Still it's a great, great phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 01:33 PM
62 123