Folks, I'm looking at the Passport and thinking will I, won't I? I currently have a Classic and love the solid, non-plastic feel about it. My question is: if you were in my position, owning the Classic, would you also go for a Passport or wait til later in the year and get the 'slider' when it comes out? Will I find the Passport difficult to come to grips with, ie it's odd shape etc?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    04-02-15 09:27 PM
    Well sir I have both the Classic and the Passport! While the learning curve is steep on the Passport I find my self completely comfortable with it now. Once you experience the speed and the screen size you will find the Classic slow and to small. Enjoy your new Passport when you get it!

Posted via CB10
    kekos, dosto, hlg8888 and 7 others like this.
    04-02-15 09:31 PM
    Do you need one? That's up to you. I personally do a lot of business on the go and find the Passport is everything I need. I was torn between the Classic and Passport because of size AND I love the old BlackBerry Bold. When I put my hands on both in the AT&T store, hands down the Passport. Viewing is very pleasing to the eye, texting is a pleasure etc. I suggest go play with one if you can. I'm still learning shortcuts and tricks but it's all worth it.

Security Matters - sent via BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1
    waynef likes this.
    04-02-15 09:36 PM
    EVERYbody needs a Passport.
    I'm on Verizon so it's "no soup for you!" But I'd get one if Verizon would sell/support it, and of course if BlackBerry would make it.
    04-02-15 09:40 PM
    I think you don't need the classic, need the passport, but I could be wrong

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-02-15 09:41 PM
    I migrated over from the Q10. I loved the compact size and the 4 row keyboard was bar none the best around, but I found the small screen extremely uncomfortable for my purposes. After making the switch I must say that while the learning curve is steep, the screen real estate totally makes up for it. Not to mention it handles all my multitasking like a bawss, there's a lot of power under the hood! If you're looking to upgrade go for the PP, the Classic is just a bunch of the same old Q10 specs wrapped in a prettier package.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 10:21 PM
    Appreciate all your comments. I'm in Australia and its difficult to get a 'hands-on' feel for the Passport before buying, hence the very basic questions I'm asking. I really like the solid feel of the Classic, can you tell me if Passport has the same feel to it and is it classed as a top of the range Blackberry?
    04-02-15 10:26 PM
    I'm on Verizon so it's "no soup for you!" But I'd get one if Verizon would sell/support it, and of course if BlackBerry would make it.
    You look more like George than the Soup Nazi!
    04-02-15 10:27 PM
    I'm in Oz too. Bought sight unseen - upgraded from z10. Where in Oz are you? Some of the main Optus stores have passports. If you are completely happy already, why upgrade? If you are not, then the PP is for you. It is quick, well built, and the screen is amazing. I remember trying out a Z10 again, and my first reaction was "how could I have ever used this?" It was small and slow in comparison.

So, if you are looking for something better, the PP is it. If you are already happy, then stay where you are.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:31 PM
    The Passport is really unique. I held a Classic a few months ago, and it's very nice. But I'd gotten so used to the Passport, that even the Classic felt small and inadequate. I know it's not inadequate, it's just a smaller version of the Passport really. But once you get used to living life on a Passport, no other device will seem as good. To be fair though, it took me a month or so of heavy use before I really got comfortable with it.

This square little machine has bettered my mobile experience in every way.

Posted via CB10
    dosto and theRock1975 like this.
    04-02-15 11:35 PM
    ^^True! Everybody needs Passport... they just only didn't know it yet...

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-03-15 12:10 AM
    I just got the PP. To be honest, the keyboard is awful, it's solid and oddly designed, so, it's uncomfortable to type. The thing is, typing is the keypoint to a Blackberry. Just for your reference.

Posted via Passport
    04-03-15 12:56 AM
    Appreciate all your comments. I'm in Australia and its difficult to get a 'hands-on' feel for the Passport before buying, hence the very basic questions I'm asking. I really like the solid feel of the Classic, can you tell me if Passport has the same feel to it and is it classed as a top of the range Blackberry?
    Passport feels solid. It's heavier than most phones and to me you can really feel that there's metal there.

My learning curve was 3 days, at this point you might have to pry this phone out of my cold dead hands to part me from it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:28 AM
    You look more like George than the Soup Nazi!
    Serenity Now!
    04-03-15 11:23 AM
    Folks, I'm looking at the Passport and thinking will I, won't I? I currently have a Classic and love the solid, non-plastic feel about it. My question is: if you were in my position, owning the Classic, would you also go for a Passport or wait til later in the year and get the 'slider' when it comes out? Will I find the Passport difficult to come to grips with, ie it's odd shape etc?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Why limit yourself to one passport when you can get two. Perhaps a black one as your weekday driver and the red one for the weekends. Guaranteed to be the hit of the party.
    04-03-15 11:50 AM
    I got my Passport two weeks ago. From day one I had no trouble adjusting to the keyboard. I came from a Z10. You hold the phone the same way you hold a Z10 so the keyboard is right where you need it.

Screen size is great and so is the clarity. It is fast, has excellent battery life, and fits into a shirt, pants pocket like a glove. The keyboard is amazing with its touch capability.

OP, I tried both phones at the AT&T store. I bought the original Passport from shopblackberry because I love the square design. The Classic was just not as innovative as the Passport to say nothing of the screen size! So, in my opinion, get the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    04-03-15 12:42 PM
    It's very personal. I just returned the Passport and bought the Classic. I couldn't get used to such a large wide device, wide keyboard and it slowed me down.

Coming from the Bold 9900 and Z30, the Classic is so easy to use and handle. It's also so much easier to carry around and fits in your car cup holder!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:56 PM
    Yes

"May I see your Passport please?"
    04-03-15 01:11 PM
    Should update profile with one holding a passport.
    Do you need one? That's up to you. I personally do a lot of business on the go and find the Passport is everything I need. I was torn between the Classic and Passport because of size AND I love the old BlackBerry Bold. When I put my hands on both in the AT&T store, hands down the Passport. Viewing is very pleasing to the eye, texting is a pleasure etc. I suggest go play with one if you can. I'm still learning shortcuts and tricks but it's all worth it.

Security Matters - sent via BlackBerry PassportSQW100-1
    04-03-15 01:12 PM
    Passport all the way

I switched from a android phone to a Z10 and now am the proud owner of a passport. Like other comments, after the learning curve, it is the best phone ever. Not a toy, but a workhorse. It is like having a computer in your hip pocket.

As an aside, if BlackBerry 10 devises do not work on the Verizon network, why don't you switch to say AT&T. The whining is getting tiresome. I guess Verizon have their reasons but as a BlackBerry owner that travels from Canada to USa and Europe, get a carrier that allows you flexibility. Verizon seems to want to get their hooks in you and you are stuck. Switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:53 PM
    I've tried almost every BlackBerry since the Bold9000 and have the PP just since last Tuesday and love it already!!
    Had the Z10 for a while and loved it. But now I have the PP I just simply cannot imagine anymore how I've managed with that tiny little screen and without the physical keyboard.
    No awkward shape or difficulty typing with the PP at all! Best BlackBerry ever!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:44 PM
    I also pre-ordered my Passport sight unseen and never having even held it in my hand. I was coming from a Bold so I knew it was going to be a significant size increase.

I recently tried a Classic and my first impressions were very good. It felt solid and was a bit bigger than I anticipated. Overall it felt like a really good device. That said, I simply can not give up on the screen size of the Passport!
    gog8rs#WN likes this.
    04-03-15 03:59 PM
    The Passport is a beast! I've had it for 6 months, and am still completely happpy with it. I normally switch devices every 6 months or so.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk and theRock1975 like this.
    04-03-15 04:17 PM
    Live life Large. Passport all the way. I have both versions and love the form factor. The AT&T version is my daily driver. It by far has been the best BlackBerry I have owned...and I have owned a lot of them prior to the bold 9000 days. Do not look back and go with the Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 04:23 PM
    Classic is nice. But the Passport is the one that stands out the most.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 04:35 PM
62 123