I had a white passport with the exact same issue. The space bar/key while it worked did not provide the same click and bounce that the other keys did. I also found that I pressed it harder than necessary as a result. I returned and the new one does not have that issue. I recommend exchanging it if you have the issue.
    Perfect point. Same experience as mine! I should get my new unit tomorrow and I hope it will come w/o issues! Thanks.
    03-21-15 08:50 AM
    Just tried what Stomps said and that is accurate.

Posted via CB10
    This is not my issue as explained before, but since this discussion grew, I tested and do not agree with you and Stomps.

Please try scrolling only using the key H. It scrolls by itself and it is not dependant of a second key.

I raise the scroll on spacebar point trying to identify if my spacebar key had other issues apart from the tactile feedback issue.

Anyways thanks to you, Stomps and all participants for a good and objective discussion!
    Last edited by Antonio Bruno1; 03-21-15 at 09:22 AM.
    03-21-15 09:04 AM
    This is not my issue, as I explained before, but since this discussion grew, I tested and do not agree with you and Stomps.

Try scrolling only using the key H. It scrolls by itself and it is not dependant of a second key.

Scroll is not my issue. I raise this point trying to identify if my spacebar had other issues apart from the tactile feedback issue.

Anyways Thanks you, Stomps and all participants for a good and objective discussion!
    I'm sure you need to hit a second key without removing your finger from the keyboard before scrolling begins. How would the OS know which way to scroll if you were just touching one sensor?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:11 AM
    Not to mention the screen would shake as you type.
    03-21-15 09:30 AM
    I'm sure you need to hit a second key without removing your finger from the keyboard before scrolling begins. How would the OS know which way to scroll if you were just touching one sensor?

Posted via CB10
    I tried usng other keys, and I do not experience in my keyboard the need to touch a second key to scroll in the correct direction.

Your point is that each key has a unique sensor and this sensor alone does not scroll. Interesting point, but doing a practical test, this is not verified. You can do scroll using only one key, so your statement is incorrect. The sensor in a key is able to trigger a scroll in the correct direction.
    03-21-15 09:34 AM
    Not to mention the screen would shake as you type.
    Actually I think scrolling is disabled when typing. I can't seem to activate it when in a typing situation... I just realized this.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:34 AM
    I tried usng other keys, and I do not experience in my keyboard the need to touch a second key to scroll in the correct direction.

Your point is that each key has a unique sensor and this sensor alone does not scroll. Interesting point, but doing a practical test, this is not verified. You can do scroll using only one key, so your statement is incorrect. The sensor in a key is able to trigger a scroll in the correct direction.
    Well if your phone works that way who am I to tell you different. I just don't see how it would...... Mine sure doesn't....

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 09:37 AM
    This is not my issue as explained before, but since this discussion grew, I tested and do not agree with you and Stomps.

Please try scrolling only using the key H. It scrolls by itself and it is not dependant of a second key.

I raise the scroll on spacebar point trying to identify if my spacebar key had other issues apart from the tactile feedback issue.

Anyways thanks to you, Stomps and all participants for a good and objective discussion!
    I can't scroll with using only a single key (in portrait or landscape applications) except with the spacebar. Once I come in contact with a second key, then it begins to scroll. Hey, we're all learning something here....i always thought the frets controlled the scrolling. The fact that the individual keys do that is pretty sweet.

Hoping blackberry gets ahold of this before the competition...

On to your real issue of the spacebar tactile feel. Yeah, mine has the same feel/pop as the other keys so it does sound like you need a new one. Let us know if your keyboard responses differently on your new phone. I'm curious as we seem to have didn't responses from our keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:13 PM
    It's a different feel, same for me, I guess because it gets the space of two keys. No disturb for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-21-15 02:18 PM
    Neat thread. Hadn't noticed that the scrolling behaviour. It's a odd to me that BlackBerry treats portrait and landscape scrolling differently.

Actually, I'm curious: what does the Passport even have rotation? It's a square screen. I always leave mine on rotation lock just so that it doesn't accidentally rotate on me if I'm sitting at an odd angle. Does anyone here actually like and use screen rotation? What's the use case?
    03-21-15 05:19 PM
    I use screen rotation when on the Internet or reading CB. Suppose for the screen itself it doesn't make much difference,I just find it easier to scroll up and down using the keyboard. It feels easier to use one handed to me. Probably in my head lol but I prefer it in landscape for those tasks.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 05:34 PM
    I use screen rotation when on the Internet or reading CB. Suppose for the screen itself it doesn't make much difference,I just find it easier to scroll up and down using the keyboard. It feels easier to use one handed to me. Probably in my head lol but I prefer it in landscape for those tasks.
    Huh. I tried holding it in landscape mode when I first got it. It felt a bit awkward to me.

To each their own, I guess. Thanks for replying.
    03-21-15 05:41 PM
    My new PP arrives tomorrow. I do expect to have a good tactile spacebar keyboard experience. I confess I am very found of a good keyboard, so no surprises to be use a BB. My keyboard passion, if we can say that comes from my years using HP scientific calculators like HP42, HP48 and similars. HP calculator keyboards are just amazing. You do not need to double check if you pressed something. You have the tactile feedback and it does not matter if the key is a single numeric one or a big enter, the feeling is the same. So I see no excuses for accepting a tactileless spacebar in a flagship device of a company proud of its phone's keyboard. ps. typing this text in another great kbd, from a thinkpad notebook. Such a great experience
    03-21-15 07:14 PM
    Huh. I tried holding it in landscape mode when I first got it. It felt a bit awkward to me.

To each their own, I guess. Thanks for replying.
    Try it again..... I didn't think I would use it like that when I first got the phone but now I prefer to use it that way.....

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:33 AM
    Amazon just delivered my new PP. The spacebar tactile is same as other keys, this is great news. The only issue, minor one is letter Z. The key Z is not as bad as my previous spacebar, I can feel it has been pressed, so this is not an issue. If I graduate the tactile as from 1 to 5, 1 being no tactile feedback and 5 a normal tactile. My previous PP had spacebar = 2 and other keys =5. My new PP has Z key 3 and others 5.
    The box had the infamous double tape, indicating I received a returned unit. In reality I hope the return reason was just the because of ergonomics.
    Thanks everybody's great support. I was hesitant returning that unit but you gave me the assurance needed and now I have what seems like a near perfect keyboard. Thanks a lot CBerries
    03-22-15 06:35 AM
    Nice! Glad you are happy with the new unit!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:10 AM
    Thank you Stomps01
    I am trying the reading the in landscape as you pointed. Besides de easier scroll, it allows for a firmer grip. Left hand has an area to hold, left thumb rests on the "bezel" comfortably! Cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:15 AM
42 12