My new PP arrived this week. All keys in the keyboard provides a very good tactile feedback so you know when the key is pressed BUT the spacebar. Is this something normal? Do I have an issue?

Another thing I noticed is that the spacebar does not work as the other keys when using the keyboard area as a touchpad.
    Thanks for your input!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 03:25 PM
    My new PP arrived this week. All keys in the keyboard provides a very good tactile feedback so you know when the key is pressed BUT the spacebar. Is this something normal? Do I have an issue?

Another thing I noticed is that the spacebar does not work as the other keys when using the keyboard area as a touchpad.
    Thanks for your input!

Posted via CB10

No space bar does not,
    03-20-15 03:37 PM
    My first passport's keys were all like butter: except the spacebar. You should text/type away and not feel a difference. I returned mine and the second eon has been perfect.
    03-20-15 03:39 PM
    What do you mean the spacebar doesn't work like the other keys? Mine will scroll the same.

Posted via CB10
    mit08 likes this.
    03-20-15 04:16 PM
    What do you mean the spacebar doesn't work like the other keys? Mine will scroll the same.

Posted via CB10
    My space bar does not scroll, try just touching the space bar without touching the ones above it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:23 PM
    Yeah just tried it. Don't normally just use the space bar but was extra careful and it definitely scrolls just on its own.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:26 PM
    Yeah just tried it. Don't normally just use the space bar but was extra careful and it definitely scrolls just on its own.

Posted via CB10
    cool mine doesn't
    03-20-15 04:27 PM
    Thanks guys. It seems I do have an issue with the tactile feedback of spacebar. It is very different from the other keys. I feel the urge to press it harder than the other keys in order to ensure it works.

I guess I need to return this to Amazon and order another one!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:33 PM
    Definitely the scroll sensitivity on the spacebar is dead!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:36 PM
    I don't think any of the keys scroll on their own , spacebar does left and right for text selection

Posted via CB4
    03-20-15 04:36 PM
    My space bar does not scroll, try just touching the space bar without touching the ones above it.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried it again a few times to make sure. I'd does scroll but only in landscape. To be fair this is how I usually read CB and the Internet though. Won't scroll in portrait but would you really use just the spacebar in portrait?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:37 PM
    Just tried it again a few times to make sure. I'd does scroll but only in landscape. To be fair this is how I usually read CB and the Internet though. Won't scroll in portrait but would you really use just the spacebar in portrait?

Posted via CB10
    I never use landscape lol

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 04:43 PM
    Intention of focusing on the spacebar scroll sensitivity was to highlight the issues on this particular key and compare with other devices.
    Naturally scroll happens across keys BUT if spacebar is not working and it should, then it is another indication of a faulty kbd on my PP.

Just to highlight: my issue is basically the tactile response with the spacebar. I agree with the comment that mention that all keys should have the same response.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Antonio Bruno1; 03-20-15 at 04:57 PM.
    03-20-15 04:43 PM
    Intention of focusing on the spacebar scroll sensitivity was to highlight the issues on this particular key and compare with other devices.
    Naturally scroll happens across keys BUT if spacebar is not working and it should, then it is another indication of a faulty kbd on my PP.

Posted via CB10
    My spacebar only scrolls in landscape as well. Not in portrait. I don't think it's an issue. But like you said, if when typing, it's different than the rest, then yes, it's an issue.

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 
    03-20-15 04:57 PM
    My whole bottom row of keys does not scroll if I am careful and only touch those keys. If I get near the fret it will scroll. It will scroll in landscape mode also.

It wouldn't say its exactly the same as the other keys, but my space bar does have a very similar click.
    03-20-15 07:23 PM
    My spacebar scrolls. It's like using page down on a PC.
    03-20-15 07:40 PM
    Antonio, addressing the tactile feel of the space key, I notice with my Passport and with my wife's Classic - both phones only 10 days old - that there is a subtle difference with the space key. Not only does it have a little softer feel than the other keys but is also quieter, though the other keys are all pretty quiet. As the space key is equivalent to two keys, perhaps that accounts for the difference. This slight variation is certainly acceptable to me. Is the variation on your Passport more extreme than that?
    03-20-15 09:21 PM
    I think when you scroll you have to swipe and when it hits the second key it starts scrolling. If you try it up and down by just swiping on the spacebar it won't work. Put your finger on the "H" then swipe down hitting the spacebar. You will notice that the screen only starts moving when you get to the spacebar. The two key thing is probably to prevent the screen from going all over the place when typing....which is a good thing. When you turn the phone sideways and scroll with the space key you will notice there is two sensors, one on each side, so when you start at the bottom it starts moving the screen when you get half way up the spacebar.
    As for the feel of the space key after I have had my hands on at least 5 black passports none have felt the same as the other keys. Always felt less spongy.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:34 PM
    Same with me. The bottom row of keys don't work for scrolling in portrait mode, but they do work in landscape mode. It doesn't matter though, it works fine and this could never be considered a 'problem' to me because it isn't an issue, it's probably how most Passports work actually. People never notice it until somebody points it out anyways, so I don't see how it could be considered a defect. Word to the Passport, knowutimsayin?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:41 PM
    His issue was the tactile feel of the spacebar, not the scrolling. He realized that it didn't feel the same as the other keys when typing. That's his issue.

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 
    03-20-15 10:49 PM
    There's no issue here at all. The space works as designed. It doesn't scroll in portrait and it does have a different texture to it. It's all part of the design. So don't return it as the next one you get will likely be the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:04 AM
    Hi Peter, my spacebar has almost no tactile feedback, in a way I need to press it harder to ensure a space is added in the text. I don't think this would get better with time. I order a new one and will proceed returning this unit. Thanks!
    I agree with your point that since the spacebar accounts for two keys, it leads to a different feel. This is the key for analysing the problem here.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 06:27 AM
    There's no issue here at all. The space works as designed. It doesn't scroll in portrait and it does have a different texture to it. It's all part of the design. So don't return it as the next one you get will likely be the same.

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard does scroll in portrait. The scrolling only works after you swipe against the second key. Put your finger on the H and slowly move down. When you get to the spacebar it will start to scroll. The reason people don't think it works is because they are swiping up but in this case the spacebar acts as the first key so the scrolling won't activate until you hit the second key above it. The spacebar has 2 sensors so in landscape it will scroll since you are hitting both sensors.

Posted via CB10
    franchise22 likes this.
    03-21-15 07:40 AM
    Just tried what Stomps said and that is accurate.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:00 AM
    I had a white passport with the exact same issue. The space bar/key while it worked did not provide the same click and bounce that the other keys did. I also found that I pressed it harder than necessary as a result. I returned and the new one does not have that issue. I recommend exchanging it if you have the issue.
    03-21-15 08:01 AM
42 12