In addition to my music playback problem, I've noticed a few more things about my Passport that I hope are due to problems with my specific device.

1) it gets warm when charging when powered on. Too warm. Especially along the right edge of the device.
    2) it gets warm when playing music. Too warm. The front of the device gets pretty warm, even if the screen is off and the side mentioned in point 1) gets warmER.
    3) While it's working so hard contributing to climate change, the battery power doesn't seem to be all that good: I noticed it was down to 54% after just a few hours use and it was up to 70+% (I started it charging after it was delivered, then finished my work day before starting in on it). Of course it was plugged in to USB while it was restoring, so that should have been charging it too, so when it got down to just over 50% with only a few hours use, I was concerned.

Perhaps some intensive process has run amok: what would do for my PC if it was running hot and slow and experiencing problems would be to wipe out the OS and reinstall it clean so no unwanted background processes would be running astray... but this is a brand new device, so I don't know whether or not a wipe or whatever would work.

I guess I'm answering my own questions: time to call BlackBerry Support. But first, lunch.
    09-30-14 02:43 PM
    Usually, in the past. Bb10 devices do a lot of syncing and indexing in the background. Usually lasts a few days or so then settles down. Maybe see how you go after 5 days?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:45 PM
    Definitely call the BlackBerry support line from the card in the box.
    09-30-14 02:46 PM
    I have also noticed that the right side of the device gets very warm when charging.
    09-30-14 02:51 PM
    Or call whomever(i.e. Carrier) you purchased it from.

Posted via CB10 1.6.2 on my Z10 10.2.1.2977 on the Rogers Network
    09-30-14 03:26 PM
    Considering your other thread, I'd try formatting your SD card using the device. I had strange issues until I formatted mine which was working fine in my Z10. You can copy it to a computer first then load it back.
    09-30-14 05:21 PM
    I've noticed the top right side of my Passport gets really warm too, most noticeably when charging.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:55 AM
    I now believe that the majority of the problems users are having is because they have used the link software to switch phones and here is why. When I got my passport, I used it as it came out of the box for first 24 hours since I did not have a Nano sim card yet. Everything worked as advertised. I had absolutely none of the problems reported in the forums. I was able to use the amazon app store to reinstall apps from the cloud and all worked great. I was loving every minute of the device. After stopping by the at&t store to pick up my Nano sim, I decided to run the device switch from link to transfer everything to my new phone. After this process was complete my device was a "dud". I had every problem posted here from device getting warm to apps not working anymore. I reset the device to factory default and started over. This time I used link to only transfer my contacts and calendar. The device is now working again as it did on day one with no issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:35 AM
    I did use Link to restore my Z30 backup onto the Passport, but then there should be a reason why specific items being restored causes the new device to get confused or have to work very hard to 'clean things up' or convert old dataformats to new... you'd think with all that running hot my Remember note categories wouldn't be messed up, but they are, still, in production release of 10.3. I mean, they went and arbitrarily changed the "Remember" data format, but didn't work out proper upgrade conversion tools? Maybe "Remember" should be renamed to "If I Recall Correctly" or "Was That A Dream?" or "Gosh, It Was So Long Ago...".

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and assurances, and like @ch7680, it seems to have "settled down", although I have TWO "Blaq" entries in the Hub now :-(

Here's what I did.

Removed my Nano SIM card and shoved it back into my Z30 so I'd have a mobile phone :-) I mean, I couldn't use it like it was I thought it was going to fry itself or my SIM or my SD card.

So, after switching back to my Z30, I left it powered down and plugged in to charge. I left it to charge for 24 hours until that light went green.

Then I left it for another half day, powered off.

I turned it on last night before bed for something else to play with because my spouse is away for another three weeks.

It was fine. No music hiccups, not getting warm during music playback, nor was it warm after being plugged in to charge.

So there were suggestions above to let it "settle" which I guess is what I did and what happend (note I haven't put my nanosim nor 64 gig SD card back in yet) but they scientist in me can accept that just as much as "a wizard did it."

When my computer slows down or runs hot, I look at the running processes and usually something's running at 97% of CPU or memory usage is escalating with no visible activity etc. Application Monitor on BB10 didn't give me any real clues, I'm not happy with a positive result that can't be reasonably explained, but again, thanks for the suggestions and consider this another example of "a wizard did it" i mean "letting it settle".
    10-01-14 09:19 AM
    Try Twittly in Beta Zone, works so good on the Passport with keyboard scrolling and UI fits perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:58 AM