I don't have home/work on my PP.

Sounds as though we've got as much on Google Maps as we're going to get. About 90%, I'd say.
    I have home/work and MyPlaces working.

Do Gmail and Google Maps run okay on the Passport?-img_20150823_234500.png

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 10:45 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150823_234500.png 
Views:	1024 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	368194

Posted via CB10
    How did you do that? Do you use a patched Google Maps? I use all the Cobalt stuff, but I use Maps direct from the Play Store and get this:

Do Gmail and Google Maps run okay on the Passport?-img_20150824_115447.png

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:55 AM
    Do Gmail and Google Maps run okay on the Passport?-img_20150824_115447.png

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:56 AM
    The Sign In button does nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 10:56 AM
    I did try to patch it, but it did not like it. I reinstalled a fresh version from the store. It could be that it is whitelisted on Google+. Not sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 03:23 PM
    I am signed into the latest version of Google Maps. I guess it's because I have Google ID installed for Cobalts wonderful Playstore apk solution. Few compromises and it opens as fast as BlackBerry Maps (willing to prove it...).

Posted via CB10
    Do you know if the 'My Maps' function works in Google Maps? I know you can get the 'starred' locations working if you use the patched/Cobalt version of Google Maps but I have never read anyone accessing their saved Maps.

Personally, I'm using the Google Maps mobile site now to access my starred locations but the mobile site doesn't work for saved maps as the legend takes up too much space on the screen. And I use the regular Google Maps apk (not signed in) for every thing else. The only thing I'm missing is my saved maps.
    08-24-15 04:21 PM
    My Maps? Where is that? I can download locations for offline use.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 05:01 PM
    Clicking Sign In brings up my Google account which is installed on my BlackBerry thanks to Cobalt. But clicking the account does nothing. It won't sign in. I have whitelisted Google Maps. Still no Home and Work addresses.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 05:19 PM
    That's strange. I am using 9.12.1. Everything is working for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 06:08 PM
    My Maps? Where is that? I can download locations for offline use.

Posted via CB10
    Google My Maps allows you can create custom maps (https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/3024396?hl=en).

You create the map online and the Google Maps app allows you to access them (under 'Your Places' I think) but you have to be signed in. (There is an Android app to create apps on your phone but even on Android is doesn't work well).

Offline maps and starred locations are different from My Maps.

I use this heavily on holidays since I mark all my locations (hotel, attractions, restaurants, etc.) ahead of time so I know where things are when I get there. It's probably the main reason I keep an Android phone as a secondary phone since I use this when I travel.
    08-24-15 06:32 PM
    I have one corporate and two private Gmail accounts in my passport, they all work great within the hub, not even a single issue!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-15 07:32 PM
    That's strange. I am using 9.12.1. Everything is working for me.

Posted via CB10
    When you search for a place, does your search history come up? And just to confirm, your Home and Work locations are there?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:09 PM
    Note that BlackBerry does NOT have access to the All Mail folder. It is an error acknowledged to me by BlackBerry. So if you use the Gmail Archive feature, you will not be able to access those emails on your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'd be forever grateful if someone could figure out how to add an archived gmail folder to the hub. There must be some sort of workaround.
    08-24-15 09:23 PM
    I'd be forever grateful if someone could figure out how to add an archived gmail folder to the hub. There must be some sort of workaround.
    No it cannot be done. BlackBerry screwed up. They admitted as much to be on the Passport help line.

The only thing you can do is "archive" your emails manually to a new folder you create. Then you can make this folder available via IMAP on your BlackBerry. But you can't get the All Mail folder on your BlackBerry. It's beyond stupid.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 05:17 AM
    When you search for a place, does your search history come up? And just to confirm, your Home and Work locations are there?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, my home/work shows up. It only shows timeline history. I don't use Google +, so it's not useful to me.

I would show a screenshot, but I have private info.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:43 AM
    Gmail works perfectly. I haven't tried Google maps since BlackBerry Maps serves me well.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    08-25-15 08:39 AM
    No it cannot be done. BlackBerry screwed up. They admitted as much to be on the Passport help line.

The only thing you can do is "archive" your emails manually to a new folder you create. Then you can make this folder available via IMAP on your BlackBerry. But you can't get the All Mail folder on your BlackBerry. It's beyond stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so the workaround I did was this:

I created a new, separate Gmail account and added it to my Hub. Then I went to my main Gmail account and added a second filter forwarding the same email (that was skipping my inbox and being archived) to the new Gmail account. It's a crude workaround but I only need it for one archive folder. This would be tedious if you have several folders you need in the hub.
    08-25-15 09:19 AM
    Ugh just reloaded all Cobalt stuff and still can properly log into Google Maps.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 10:48 AM
    Either patch Google Maps or remove Google Play services.
    08-25-15 11:20 AM
    OK thanks. Will try that tonight.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:32 PM
    That did it. I patched GMAPS with GMAPS Patcher, and it worked. I got an error that it couldn't be rebuilt (which had stopped me last time), but I ENABLED compilation, and it worked. The instructions says to disable it if an app fails to rebuild, but it was already disabled.

Anyway, thanks so much for your help!

B.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 06:21 AM
    Well no. If the first pass fails, it automatically turns OFF the 'decompile resource' option. You turned it on again in the believe that is was OFF in the first place.

Remember, that setting is NOT saved. If you close and reopen Gmaps Patcher the 'decompile resources' option is always on.

The correct way to patch Google Maps is to open Gmaps Patcher, turn OFF 'decompile resources' in options and then Analyze/Patch the file.
    08-27-15 03:16 AM
    Well no. If the first pass fails, it automatically turns OFF the 'decompile resource' option. You turned it on again in the believe that is was OFF in the first place.

Remember, that setting is NOT saved. If you close and reopen Gmaps Patcher the 'decompile resources' option is always on.

The correct way to patch Google Maps is to open Gmaps Patcher, turn OFF 'decompile resources' in options and then Analyze/Patch the file.
    OK, thanks. Is there any reason to have that feature on? Are there apps that won't patch with it off, or should I turn it off before patching anything NY default?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:16 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150823_234500.png 
Views:	1024 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	368194

Posted via CB10
    I have mine working too!!! Didn't realize that until I saw your post. Thanks!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 09:58 AM
    A friend of mine bought a new Note 4 yesterday and we did a few tests today. I have a six month old Passport, he had 4G and I had 3G. From touching the google maps icon to the app showing our location, the Passport won by about one second. Searching random places around the world was pretty equal, but to my eyes, the Passport was a bit quicker.

Next we tried Google translate and they were equal. Then we typed a few sentences to see whether there is much difference between PKB and VKB by people that were familiar with their own choice (he had a Note 3 prior to the 4 so is used to his VKB). I was able to beat him to the end of the text by a good 10%.

In the end he was surprised by how good the Passport is. I was surprised that it could match and even sometimes beat a new phone using the Google maps app.

The Note is a fine phone, but I couldn't swap the quite cheap feel of it for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 12:15 PM
60 123