Recently bought password silver edition. Everything works super fine. The problem is with BlackBerry Internet Server (BIS). When on cellular network it works perfectly. When switched to wifi, BIS will connect and after some time it gets disconnected. Again I have to turn on my cellular network to get back BIS.
    Anyone experience this problem? Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 04:38 AM
    BIS doesnt even exist for a passport, or any bb10 device for that matter. you are confused about something.
    mitul_mehta and andy957 like this.
    08-07-16 04:41 AM
    What are those dots that appear near the signal?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 04:41 AM
    On cellular network I get those dots, when I switch on wifi it will be still there then after some time it disappear. Again I have to on and off wifi on my device. When those dots are there I get mails and BBM messages. Hope you got what I am saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 04:44 AM
    Ye it does exist. Just in the old incarnation. I have issues when NOT on Wifi. In fact those "little dots" don't appear when on data, my provider here in Ireland doesn't seem to allow BlackBerry services. On Wifi I'm fine. It has blocked me from using BBM unfortunately since the messages don't arrive until I'm on Wifi which is generally when I get home. And since its my wife and kid I want to BBM they're at home anyway but this is the fault of my provider and not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 05:10 AM
    This is really strange case. In my case it work with both but loses those dots and on wifi frequently and I need to turn on and off wifi to get it back. Hope this is a software issue and will be addressed in later updates

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 05:39 AM
    No issue at my end. With BB 10 blackberry uses Microsoft active sync and not BIS.
    08-07-16 06:51 AM
    Sounds like you can have a firewall issue on the WiFi router, or between the WiFi router and "the world"

BIS is no longer in use, but the devices still have BlackBerry Service connectivity with BlackBerry directly.

I would first check my router, remove any settings that could potentially block the communication, stop Firewall etc - reboot the router - Just to check. IF you still don't get access using your open WiFi, the next step "could" be your Internet provider who has added some external firewall/filters on your communication

Just my 2 cents

08-07-16 09:03 AM
    BIS is only available on legacy BBOS devices like the 9900 and 9720. It is not available on BB10 devices or on the PlayBook. Something else is giving you problems.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-07-16 07:06 PM
    Can you please tell me how to look for those firewall settings on my router?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 09:22 PM
    No, sorry. Most routers are different. Seek help from your internet provider if u have too
    08-07-16 10:09 PM