Hi, I have the blackberry passport, and I have a DJI Inspire one(is a drone) which require and app from google play store called DJI Pilot app, I am not able to install it from the play store, I was just wondering to see if nobody have been able to install that app to a blackberry device.

Thanks
    07-28-15 10:27 AM
    It installs (and works) fine from Snap. But I'm using the Phantom 2V.
    07-28-15 11:51 AM
    Hi, I don't know if they used the same app, but in my case I do find it but went I go to download it says unable to install that app!!
    07-28-15 12:05 PM
    I have had no issues installing it from Snap.

Kurt
    wdiazmarin likes this.
    07-28-15 04:14 PM
    Wow, really? how did you do it? Ok so what I do is I go to the app and then I hit install and then it will install and then went it goes to the black screen that I hit to install again it will do as is installing and then right went is almost finish it says sorry unable to install or something!!
    07-28-15 04:37 PM
    Wow, really? how did you do it? Ok so what I do is I go to the app and then I hit install and then it will install and then went it goes to the black screen that I hit to install again it will do as is installing and then right went is almost finish it says sorry unable to install or something!!
    I think the confusion may be that the DJI *Vision* app for the Phantom series installs fine. I just tried the DJI *Pilot* app and you are correct, it throws an error just at the end of the install. If kfehling is not making the same distinction and actually has the Pilot app working, I would like to know how he did it as well. I always use Snap, as Google Play Store is loaded with issues on the Passport, but no luck with my try. Luckily the Vision app is all I need.
    wdiazmarin, you might investigate trying to sideload the app if you can find the APK (don't know if it is floating out there somewhere.) Otherwise, maybe there is some compatibility with the Inspire and the Vision app. Last option, you will have to use one of the listed compatible devices.

P.S.: just found this on the DJI website. Give it a try:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=PfNOVcrh

I found the APK file through a Google search, but I can't seem to attach it here. Have a search then try installing through any of the sideload methods

GT
    Last edited by garpt; 07-29-15 at 10:10 AM. Reason: correction
    wdiazmarin likes this.
    07-29-15 09:49 AM
    Hi, there well I was able to download DJI pilot app yesterday, from some website, I have to patched because it wasn't going to work just like that, so I did got to install it, I did open the app and everything but I wasn't able to see any pic, my best bet, because it didn't work was because it wasn't the last version, but anyways I ended up deleting the app, I just hope there was any solution, because I don't really need the app on my passport, because I do have a tablet to fly my inspire, but I just tough that it will be nice to have the app on my passport just in case you know, but anyways I do appreciated your help, "GARPT".

Thanks
    07-29-15 01:36 PM
    A tablet is definitely the best way to go for that bird. It's a great machine. Enjoy!
    07-29-15 08:29 PM
    I havent been able to use my passport for it which sucks
    07-30-15 08:48 AM
    I havent been able to use my passport for it which sucks
    Do you also have the Inspire? Cause with any of the popular Phantom series, Assistant software works great.
    07-30-15 07:00 PM
    Do you also have the Inspire? Cause with any of the popular Phantom series, Assistant software works great.
    Yeah, i have an inspire and a Dji P3

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:12 PM
    Yeah, i have an inspire and a Dji P3

Posted via CB10
    Great machines. Too bad the app for the Inspire is not supported. I believe someone will fix what is likely not a big issue and make a sideload available.

O.T.: news story just came out that a Delta pilot at JFK had a near miss with an "unmanned aircraft" (likely a Quad or similar.) this afternoon. Idiots like this are going to ruin the hobby for all of us!
    Fly safe! Obey rules before they become laws!
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-31-15 05:48 PM
    Great machines. Too bad the app for the Inspire is not supported. I believe someone will fix what is likely not a big issue and make a sideload available.

O.T.: news story just came out that a Delta pilot at JFK had a near miss with an "unmanned aircraft" (likely a Quad or similar.) this afternoon. Idiots like this are going to ruin the hobby for all of us!
    Fly safe! Obey rules before they become laws!
    Yeah, something like this will ruin everything.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 12:30 PM
    So no more Snap now, i've been trying via Aptoide but that's been a bit painful. After finally getting the app downloaded it now won't install, tries for a while but ultimately fails.

Has anyone found an alternative way of getting and installing the app? I am trying to get DJI Phantom Go.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 02:29 PM
    I had no issue installing the DJI app on the PP from 1 Mobile Market

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 08:50 PM
    No, it does not work right now
    Dave
    07-08-16 01:14 AM