10-24-14 08:09 PM
348 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Loll you guys that are speculating on the vip are seriously living in lala land.

Isn't it obvious the vip is the package that was meant for the media only? Isn't it obvious it was a glitch in the website? Isn't it obvious that Marie is basically telling you no one is getting the vip passport?

Limited offer? Stop doing this to yourselves lolll

People in the US should definitely be getting that extra $100 refunded. Canadians, a normal passport for $592 is still pretty good.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    Cobrajett and CrackberryQ like this.
    10-12-14 08:13 AM
    +1 million. And this coming from a guy who got in on the vip deal and currently still in limbo.
    10-12-14 08:51 AM
    +1 million. And this coming from a guy who got in on the vip deal and currently still in limbo.
    Loool same here!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:17 AM
    so you ordered something not available on the site unless you specifically look for it using a keyword or know the link and you are complaining? it says vip device, which likely just meant that this was available for order a week or two before actual launch. $599 in the us is a TEMPORARY discount, 699 is the real price. you ordered the device for its real price. mistery solved, dont buy unlisted **** next time. i hope dr just cancels the order of all these smart asses
    You honestly have some underlying problem. No one is whining. My device is sitting in my office and if it's not what I paid for its going back.

However please note: you?re not Sherlock Holmes nor is this a mystery. Your hamstrung conclusion(s) is clearly a pathetic attempt to be nothing but antagonist to those who have might have a legitimate complaint.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:17 AM
    I think you've done more complaining than the rest of the site combined.

People found a back door in the site, tried to exploit it and created this disaster. At least BlackBerry is honouring the coupon. Yeah, it's messy but whining won't make it any better.

You know your options; wait it out, or cancel and order something/somewhere else. In the meantime, please stop polluting this thread with whining, as some of us come here to find out information.

Posted via CB10
    I am not complaining at all as my unit was delivered to my office up in Vancouver a few days ago. No, I didn't use a discount nor do I care as I missed it and there's nothing to do about it.

So when I get back to town if it's not what I ordered I'll return it. Pretty simple.

As far a polluting this thread, not sure why you're attacking me when my comments where clearly about DR and once again not bring clear about what they are doing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 10-12-14 at 09:37 AM.
    10-12-14 09:24 AM
    VIP Passport was never even posted publicly on the shopblackberry.
    The descriptions never mention about anything extra.
    The picture was just a regular device.

Discounted VIP Passport Waiting Lounge-img_20141012_131549.png

Actually the description includes "VIP device" which is more conspicuous.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:01 AM
    those "defending" blackberry are using unsubstantiated "facts" and "what do you expect?" to admonish those who "jumped to the conclusion" that the VIP device was the VIP device that CrackBerry unboxed.

Doing a search on shopblackberry.com for 'passport' and being shown a product labeled 'VIP' showing as in stock is not a 'back door'.

Ordering said device in good faith even when presented with the option of a less costly "NIP" (not important person) version only to be told that the VIP is NOT different in the ways that have been documented on the 'net is not good form.

This is 2014. the local computer store chain here in Toronto has real-time stock information on their public website. for digital river to run an online store in 2014 that is so disconnected from the inventory system to the point of showing a totally unavailable product as available and in stock and to apply charges to the credit card is in no way excusable no matter how you want to paint the motives of those who ordered said product.

you will find very few people here claiming injustice simply because we ordered and now we are not going to get what we ordered: it is that instead of some communication to the effect of "that thing is not available, our apologies, please let us know if you would rather have this alternate item", which would be reasonable. instead, the charge was put on the card, there are RUMOURS of a shipping delay that most of us haven't heard directly about, and RUMOURS that what we thought we ordered (VIP) is in fact nothing special. AFTER having the charge committed to the credit card in contradiction to DR'S posted policies, AND the orders can not be cancelled but rather we have to wait a month to refuse shipment of the item and wait for our credit card charge to be reversed.

Again, this is 2014, the above scenario shouldn't happen, and plenty of people would not have ordered if the possibility of it going so completely off the rails even occurred to us. The shipping delay alone would have been enough to put me off, nevermind that it's not the VIP and nevermind the hassle of not being able to cancel and nevermind having to watch my CC bills like a hawk to be sure the charge for the non-product non-shipment is reversed.

Posted via CB10
    positronio, jafobabe, rcab and 6 others like this.
    10-12-14 10:46 AM
    +1

sta 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-12-14 10:52 AM
    Well I'm upset because I asked DR what the vip model is before I ordered it the same day on the 4th of october. They told me it's the VIP box shipment for US and Canada only. That it comes with the extra goodies as well as a direct line contact for support. They took twenty minutes to answer, but they told me clearly that the VIP box IS NOT the regular BlackBerry passport box. Why would they lie?? Why wouldn't they say they don't know and are waiting for an update from blackberry??
    buburimbu and CrackberryQ like this.
    10-12-14 11:00 AM
    Well I'm upset because I asked DR what the vip model is before I ordered it the same day on the 4th of october. They told me it's the VIP box shipment for US and Canada only. That it comes with the extra goodies as well as a direct line contact for support. They took twenty minutes to answer, but they told me clearly that the VIP box IS NOT the regular BlackBerry passport box. Why would they lie?? Why wouldn't they say they don't know and are waiting for an update from blackberry??
    The description on the website of the VIP passport does not mention the extras. I didn't notice a difference when I compared the two passport vs VIP passport. Then again i am an iPhone user and not familiar with BlackBerry but some fans believe it does so I could be wrong (I hope to be wrong). I ordered the phone for wife. Anyhow if anyone has concrete information rather then speculation or hearsay that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:26 AM
    You may have to try one of the url caching sites, but I an pretty sure the url originally posted for the Canadian site included pictures of the accessories.

I was going to order a VIP, but decided I didn't want or need a harshell case and had plenty of the international chargers for the PlayBook that would work if I needed one.

I had also ordered a regular one with the discount and it arrived last week. I didn't want to risk having two show up as I was familiar with how difficult it can be to cancel a ShopBlackberry order.

My guess is that some will get the VIP package, especially those that ordered from Canada early. Those back ordered will probably get a regular Passport plus the two two accessories, possibly the 1.8amp travel charger with the orange end substituted for the different chargers packet in the VIP package.

Robert in LA needs to ask his Vancouver staff to open the box and send him a photo of what is inside the box. That would solve some of the mystery.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 11:49 AM
    This is what I and everybody else thought the VIP edition was.

Posted via CB10
    jafobabe likes this.
    10-12-14 01:03 PM
    I emailed the director too, she was very helpful.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    Hey peevish can you PM me her mail plz.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:47 PM
    I emailed the director too, she was very helpful.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    Any chance of getting her email via PM as well please? I desperately need an adjustment as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:06 PM
    Same here

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    Mind forwarding her email to me. PIN me. I can't stand how PM's work here in forums. Pin:3355C5D5

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:32 PM
    Can you guys let me know what exactly is going to be done with the VIP orders in your case if you do get in contact with her? Thanks!
    10-12-14 06:36 PM
    wait wait wait is what we need...
    10-12-14 08:25 PM
    From the director of bbshop via email: "The VIP product (which is not a VIP bundle, just the Passport, charger, and headset) was a special promotion that was accidentally released to the public. "
    10-12-14 09:28 PM
    This is what I and everybody else thought the VIP edition was.

Posted via CB10
    So you guys all watched that video by a tech blogger (like I did) and because N4BB labeled it "VIP" in their story, you decided that BlackBerry had labeled this black version as VIP, and then you spent hundreds of dollars based off of putting pieces of a puzzle together?

If you guys are all angry that it's not the black version, it's because you assumed and thought wrong. The picture on Shop BlackBerry depicted the regular yet still awesome Passport with the stainless steel too.

Had BlackBerry launched and labeled a VIP version of the device and it was acknowledged by BlackBerry (not N4BB or a tech blogger in Dubai) to have a black frame, then yes, I can see how you felt mislead by BlackBerry. But in this case, people have no one to blame but themselves.
    Cobrajett likes this.
    10-12-14 09:40 PM
    You may have to try one of the url caching sites, but I an pretty sure the url originally posted for the Canadian site included pictures of the accessories.

I was going to order a VIP, but decided I didn't want or need a harshell case and had plenty of the international chargers for the PlayBook that would work if I needed one.

I had also ordered a regular one with the discount and it arrived last week. I didn't want to risk having two show up as I was familiar with how difficult it can be to cancel a ShopBlackberry order.

My guess is that some will get the VIP package, especially those that ordered from Canada early. Those back ordered will probably get a regular Passport plus the two two accessories, possibly the 1.8amp travel charger with the orange end substituted for the different chargers packet in the VIP package.

Robert in LA needs to ask his Vancouver staff to open the box and send him a photo of what is inside the box. That would solve some of the mystery.

Posted via CB10
    I'll have them open it up and see what's in the box. I'll post am the findings as soon I get the info.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:53 AM
    Did you "ask" via email or phone? Please please say it was email and that you have written proof.

10-13-14 03:20 AM
    Unfortunately, that "accident" is not the consumers' problem... they should really make an official statement and address the fact that it was "advertised" for an extra $100 on the US store and had listed "VIP Device" as a "FEATURE".

Have you ever been to a retail store where an item was marked incorrectly by the store? When you went to pay for it at the cashier and they realized it was an "accident" or "mistake", what usually happens in your experience? In my experience, the retailer still HONORS the mistake because a few $'s isn't worth losing a customer or getting a bad reputation...

As I've said in the "Bla1ze...VIP" thread, the (un)professional courtesy displayed by DR/BB is really unacceptable if they are developing/selling products targeting professionals.

From the director of bbshop via email: "The VIP product (which is not a VIP bundle, just the Passport, charger, and headset) was a special promotion that was accidentally released to the public. "
    10-13-14 03:27 AM
    So you guys all watched that video by a tech blogger (like I did) and because N4BB labeled it "VIP" in their story, you decided that BlackBerry had labeled this black version as VIP, and then you spent hundreds of dollars based off of putting pieces of a puzzle together?

If you guys are all angry that it's not the black version, it's because you assumed and thought wrong. The picture on Shop BlackBerry depicted the regular yet still awesome Passport with the stainless steel too.

Had BlackBerry launched and labeled a VIP version of the device and it was acknowledged by BlackBerry (not N4BB or a tech blogger in Dubai) to have a black frame, then yes, I can see how you felt mislead by BlackBerry. But in this case, people have no one to blame but themselves.
    It's not about a black version, it's about the accessories and the $100 people on the US paid more for.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:06 AM
    I just heard from my coordinator that the delivery from DR was the Passport order.

However there was no additional accessories such as the hard case, screen protector or different international plugs. Basically it's a regular Passport package.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just heard from my coordinator at my office that the delivery from DR was the Passport order.

However there was no additional accessories such as the hard case, screen protector or different international plugs. Basically it's a regular Passport package.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:15 AM
348 ... 678910 ...