An update... Ordered my VIP Blackberry Passport last Monday (Oct. 6) and was told by a "supervisor" last Thursday that my product had been shipped and that I'd receive it before I received my tracking number. Of course, FedEx confirmed NOTHING was scheduled to be sent to me.

Jump to today: I called BB Sales and a manager finally admitted the truth. She said they didn't have the VIP BB Passport and that I was better off receiving a refund. She said they MIGHT ship towards the end of October and that the "supervisor" I spoke to last week lied regarding shipment. She didn't even want to refund me on the spot until I flipped out. She wanted me to wait days to call back so she could enter a ticket. Like, you can't enter a ticket RIGHT NOW when I have you on the line? She finally did it and said this is happening to everyone.

So, yeah. If you ordered a VIP Passport, I suggest you get your money back. "It might ship" doesn't sound good to me at all. Hope this helps, guys.
    10-13-14 11:48 AM
    I just heard from my coordinator at my office that the delivery from DR was the Passport order.

However there was no additional accessories such as the hard case, screen protector or different international plugs. Basically it's a regular Passport package.
    That's disappointing. I hope BlackBerry makes it right by either refunding the difference in price or sending you the accessories separately.

EDIT: After reading another thread, I suppose they should just refund the $100 since the extra accessories were just speculation.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 10-13-14 at 03:40 PM.
    10-13-14 11:51 AM
    Really though? May I ask what phone number you used to talk to someone directly at BB sales? The only number I can seem to find is this one:866-957-0761 (which I believe is DR).

An update... Ordered my VIP Blackberry Passport last Monday (Oct. 6) and was told by a "supervisor" last Thursday that my product had been shipped and that I'd receive it before I received my tracking number. Of course, FedEx confirmed NOTHING was scheduled to be sent to me.

Jump to today: I called BB Sales and a manager finally admitted the truth. She said they didn't have the VIP BB Passport and that I was better off receiving a refund. She said they MIGHT ship towards the end of October and that the "supervisor" I spoke to last week lied regarding shipment. She didn't even want to refund me on the spot until I flipped out. She wanted me to wait days to call back so she could enter a ticket. Like, you can't enter a ticket RIGHT NOW when I have you on the line? She finally did it and said this is happening to everyone.

So, yeah. If you ordered a VIP Passport, I suggest you get your money back. "It might ship" doesn't sound good to me at all. Hope this helps, guys.
    10-13-14 03:35 PM
    Discounted VIP Passport Waiting Lounge-img_20141004_223049_edit.png
    Here is my invoice which is for the VIP version with 25% discount.
    First, there is no VIP version. The "all black" Passport was only for the opening in Dubai.
    Second, I have been in contact with BlackBerry Ecommerce officials who will refund $100 to those who bought the VIP version at full price. If you used a coupon (like I did) you still got a discounted price (approximately $75 off) so no further discount.
    Third, all Passports will ship in late October. So watch for tracking #s

OP - I think we can close this thread

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 04:51 PM
    Would you please share your communication with "BlackBerry eCommerce officials"? There have been a multitude of posts from posters who are corresponding with BlackBerry employees on the current VIP issues and yet I have not seen any official statement from BB or DR on how they will handle these U.S. VIP orders. If you say that these such officials will refund the $100, that is good news... but unless you can show an actual correspondence in print, I think it would be premature to "close this thread". Someone else posted in a different thread that DR is unable to provide refunds for these orders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141004_223049_edit.png 
Views:	1580 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	305765
    Here is my invoice which is for the VIP version with 25% discount.
    First, there is no VIP version. The "all black" Passport was only for the opening in Dubai.
    Second, I have been in contact with BlackBerry Ecommerce officials who will refund $100 to those who bought the VIP version at full price. If you used a coupon (like I did) you still got a discounted price (approximately $75 off) so no further discount.
    Third, all Passports will ship in late October. So watch for tracking #s

OP - I think we can close this thread

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on STA 100-3 10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 05:17 PM
    You bet. I will have those folks set up something official to post

10-13-14 05:33 PM
    What makes it vip?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:11 PM
    What makes it vip?
    The product description lists it as "VIP", but only shows a picture of the regular Passport and lists nothing else. People have speculated that it includes extras, like a hardcase, travel charger, etc. that were given to select folks when the Passport launched in London, Toronto and Dubai.
    willowbeast likes this.
    10-13-14 06:22 PM
    THERE IS NO VIP DEVICE.
    I have just emailed BlackBerry Ecommerce to provide an official letter to Crackberry re: refunds of $100 to full price VIP payers and when to expect email confirmation on Passport shipments.

10-13-14 07:34 PM
    THERE IS NO VIP DEVICE.
    I have just emailed BlackBerry Ecommerce to provide an official letter to Crackberry re: refunds of $100 to full price VIP payers and when to expect email confirmation on Passport shipments.

What about non VIP? Aren't the people that ordered those important too.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-13-14 08:03 PM
    What about non VIP? Aren't the people that ordered those important too.
    No, they're not, thus non-VIP... ;P
    10-13-14 08:42 PM
    Really though? May I ask what phone number you used to talk to someone directly at BB sales? The only number I can seem to find is this one:866-957-0761 (which I believe is DR).
    That's the exact number I called. I just explained the situation and asked to speak to a manager/supervisor. Was transferred twice and ended up with a BB Sales manager.

The reps answering are just reading a script and will gladly transfer you to someone higher since they have zero answers. I felt bad asking to speak to someone else right away, but I don't like being blatantly lied to.
    10-13-14 09:00 PM
    10-14-14 12:14 AM
    Thanks mate

10-14-14 12:24 AM
    You're very welcome... I hope I got enough clarity for most people's concerns. The non-VIP folks who were able to use the 25% discount coupon were the big winners.

Thanks mate

10-14-14 01:03 AM
    Nps! I think you should make a separate thread and post what you said above.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:07 AM
    Haha! I think 4 threads covering this should already be sufficient. Looks like this one and the "B1aze" one are the most read anyways... I think people will eventually come across the info. Just happy that I have some peace of mind now... =)

Nps! I think you should make a separate thread and post what you said above.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:16 AM
    I called SB and they still can't tell me anything more than what the website order status page says. This is absolutely crazy! Cancel the order or give me an update for crying out loud!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:25 PM
    I called SB and they still can't tell me anything more than what the website order status page says. This is absolutely crazy! Cancel the order or give me an update for crying out loud!
    Have you read the other threads? In particular the "B1AZE" one, post #99.
    10-15-14 06:39 PM
    Lol everyone needs to relax......yeah this was another shopblackberry mess and they could not handle the volume, but they've now stated that all of our 'VIP' orders will start shipping Oct 29th... unfortunately we all have to wait but too bad so sad lol

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-15-14 06:56 PM
    Did those who ordered the VIP with the discount received a shipping notice yet? I still haven't received anything since the order confirmation nearly 2 weeks ago (I ordered on the morning of the 4th Oct). They've charged my credit card already. I'm patient but I do want an update to know what's going on. I'm giving them until my credit card statement comes in; if I don't receive the phone before I have to pay the bill...then I'm canceling.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    10-15-14 10:44 PM
    Did those who ordered the VIP with the discount received a shipping notice yet? I still haven't received anything since the order confirmation nearly 2 weeks ago (I ordered on the morning of the 4th Oct). They've charged my credit card already. I'm patient but I do want an update to know what's going on. I'm giving them until my credit card statement comes in; if I don't receive the phone before I have to pay the bill...then I'm canceling.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    Should ship by the 29th, so unfortunately you may need to wait a couple weeks still...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:05 AM
    Any news VIP people??

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:10 PM
    Nothing, nada, zilch. People are getting shipments of the regular model though.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:31 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:33 PM
348 ... 7891011 ...