Yes the director confirmed the VIP is the same as the regular one. Aw well

Posted via CB10
    If that's true, when I get back to Vancouver I'll be sending it back as I am in no rush and would be better served ordering it from the U.S. site for a $100 less.
    allmotorsi likes this.
    10-11-14 10:22 PM
    Thanks! Totally missed that......at this point I don't care if they just send the standard passport as the price was the same in Canada. At least we have a date now and fingers crossed they come through
    10-11-14 10:24 PM
    So for everyone that ordered the "VIP" version no where did it say that it included any extras. I can guarantee you that it doesn't come with any extras and the VIP was a part of a marketing initiative for VIP customers. Let the complaining begin...

Posted via CB10
    Well they posted it as a VIP edition - Blackberry does have a VIP edition so a consumer would easily rely upon that being the same thing. However you slice, at minimum it would be misleading.

BlackBerry Passport Unboxing (Video) | N4BB

Now with that said, if the VIP order that was delivered to my Vancouver office does indeed contain only the Passport, I'll return it. I am in no rush and will wait until the US site either has it in stock or Amazon does. I don't see the point in paying $100.
    10-11-14 10:33 PM
    Thanks! Totally missed that......at this point I don't care if they just send the standard passport as the price was the same in Canada. At least we have a date now and fingers crossed they come through
    Only problem is that date is not firm. In other words, the email states that "by" October 29.... meaning they will start sending out orders by then, but that doesn't mean it won't take a few days, possibly a week or more after that date to get them out - really depends on the number of backorders and units made. Not to mention, BB hasn't been the best at meeting deadlines that it sets for itself.
    Last edited by robert_in_la; 10-12-14 at 01:27 AM.
    10-11-14 10:37 PM
    This is all very confusing...
    According to the Director of ECommerce, the VIP device is labelled as such because it's a "very limited offer" and not because it comes with other accessories. What exactly is the "offer" she's referring to, especially for US orders that was charged $100 more?
    10-11-14 10:57 PM
    This is all very confusing...
    According to the Director of ECommerce, the VIP device is labelled as such because it's a "very limited offer" and not because it comes with other accessories. What exactly is the "offer" she's referring to, especially for US orders that was charged $100 more?
    Maybe because you are a VIP and will get the device before everyone els..... Oh, wait.
    crishelling likes this.
    10-11-14 11:15 PM
    I am thinking the "Limited" edition aspect of it was that it was available on the Shopblackberry store prior to the first sale date.

This is why you couldn't actually see it when you clicked under devices or "Passport". But they probably forgot to exclude it from search results as well so when you search "VIP", the device came up. And well, when people saw ot, they jumped on it.

Nowhere did it say extra accessories. So I didn't really expect that anyways. I ordered the VIP because I wanted to take advantage of the discount, and the other "Normal" Passport was out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and farmwersteve like this.
    10-11-14 11:23 PM
    I am thinking the "Limited" edition aspect of it was that it was available on the Shopblackberry store prior to the first sale date.

This is why you couldn't actually see it when you clicked under devices or "Passport". But they probably forgot to exclude it from search results as well so when you search "VIP", the device came up. And well, when people saw ot, they jumped on it.

Nowhere did it say extra accessories. So I didn't really expect that anyways. I ordered the VIP because I wanted to take advantage of the discount, and the other "Normal" Passport was out of stock.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-961792/
    10-11-14 11:30 PM
    I don't mind VIP is same as regular or even box and goodies inside are same. All I want is it will be shipped by 29th cause I haven't gotten any email yet from BlackBerry as others have received. Still waiting the email or shipping confirmation.

Posted via CB10

Ditto, it is still considerable discounted price comparing to the regular one. The reason I ordered the VIP is just because this is the one in stock at that moment.
    But the point is, they should've keep me posted on the order update, I do not mind it they tell me the VIP is a mistake, or they need extra days to process the order, or ship it. For gods sake, JUST please let me know what's going on there, give me a date for shipping, even whether you are going to cancel the order.
    Being charged, and nothing happen after that? Totally unacceptable.
    (ps: I didn't receive any email after the confirmation, nothing about Oct 29th will be shipped).
    10-11-14 11:40 PM
    If your friend ordered on October 6th, then it's probably not a "discounted" order right? Also, did he order a VIP unit?
    Correct in that it's not a discounted order. Yes he ordered a VIP unit like I did.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:36 AM
    VIP Passport was never even posted publicly on the shopblackberry.
    The descriptions never mention about anything extra.
    The picture was just a regular device.
    10-12-14 12:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's doesn't need to list the items when it well documented elsewhere that BlackBerry has a VIP unit available straight from them.

In addition, there would be no point for Shop BlackBerry to list separately a VIP unit on both the US and Canadian site.

That being said, US customers who paid a$100 more on the US site than the "regular" Passport was listed there for have a legit complaint here - as well as Canadian shoppers.

In the end, it's not hard to prove it and I believe Shop BlackBerry will either end up refunding $100 or they are going to get some cancellations/returns - which BlackBerry will eventually hear about.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:34 AM
    VIP Passport was never even posted publicly on the shopblackberry.
    The descriptions never mention about anything extra.
    The picture was just a regular device.
    Actually if it wasn't posted publicly then people wouldn't have been able to order it. Sorry but your statement is not correct.

Also it's clearly states VIP Passport include. Go back a read it again and you will see that.

Not to mention there are US shoppers who paid $100 more than the regular $599 unit, so they are expecting more. Shop BlackBerry will probably ended up refunding the difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:37 AM
    Post #130 was told that only standard Passports will be shipped from the 29th as the VIP version is no longer available.
    ? People ordered the VIP unit before it became unavailable. So Shop BlackBerry is on the hook to fulfill those VIP unit orders they "accepted" and charged people's credit cards for.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:42 AM
    If a normal consumer was just to go on BlackBerry Smartphones & Accessories ? Buy Unlocked Phones, Cases, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More click on passport device. VIP device would never have pop up don't you think its already unusual??
    What exactly is a VIP device? the link don't even say it includes anything extra? how could you expect anything more when the listing clearly don't say their is anything extra coming along.
    10-12-14 01:48 AM
    If a normal consumer was just to go on BlackBerry Smartphones & Accessories ? Buy Unlocked Phones, Cases, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More click on passport device. VIP device would never have pop up don't you think its already unusual??
    What exactly is a VIP device? the link don't even say it includes anything extra? how could you expect anything more when the listing clearly don't say their is anything extra coming along.
    Jesus dude... I'm a normal customer as well as the others who ordered it.

Here's the link which is now deactivated. If you read it you'll see it say VIP device included, then you'll noticed it's listed on the US Site for $100 MORE then the regularly listed Passport on the US Site.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=LAubjWUP

So ask yourself, why list something as VIP and charge $100 on the SAME US LISTED SITE?

Hopefully that will clear it up for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 01:58 AM
    BlackBerry should honor the VIP deal as advertised.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-12-14 02:05 AM
    your not a normal consumer when your on crackberry.com
    aminrajabi likes this.
    10-12-14 02:35 AM
    so you ordered something not available on the site unless you specifically look for it using a keyword or know the link and you are complaining? it says vip device, which likely just meant that this was available for order a week or two before actual launch. $599 in the us is a TEMPORARY discount, 699 is the real price. you ordered the device for its real price. mistery solved, dont buy unlisted **** next time. i hope dr just cancels the order of all these smart asses
    10-12-14 03:49 AM
    so you ordered something not available on the site unless you specifically look for it using a keyword or know the link and you are complaining? it says vip device, which likely just meant that this was available for order a week or two before actual launch. $599 in the us is a TEMPORARY discount, 699 is the real price. you ordered the device for its real price. mistery solved, dont buy unlisted **** next time. i hope dr just cancels the order of all these smart asses
    Do you do anything other than whine? We get it, you're pissed because of limited BB availability and support where you live, and the fact that it's more expensive, but you are certainly not the only one in the world with that issue, so get over it. When you pre-order something/buy something at launch, paying full price goes with the territory, and you risk the item selling at a discounted price after that, that's just the way it works. And a lot of promotions in one country are not available in others (I'm talking in general) - so what is your point? It's not the first time it happened and it certainly won't be the last.

You previously said you were done with BB and looking at iPhone, so why are you still here? Sad - haven't you found an iPhone forum to troll yet?
    10-12-14 05:48 AM
    is it true that even orders that won't ship until the 29th can not be cancelled, and the only recourse is to wait until the device actually arrives and refuse delivery? Then wait for it to pass back through this Goldberg machine in reverse before we get our refund on our credit card? I think calling the credit card issuer and asking them what to do is in order.

Posted via CB10
    If you want to cancel and not wait for it, I would just call the credit card company too and contest the charges. I haven't done it yet (thinking about it though) but I am pretty sure they would reverse the charges right away since you can just state you ordered a product online and the vendor hasn't provided it it and isn't providing any updates (I still haven't received any update...).
    10-12-14 06:17 AM
    I think a more appropriate representation would be
    - go online to shopblackberry and search for 'passport'
    - see two listings, one normal, one VIP
    - do a search online and see the VIP one comes with case and chargers.
    - think the VIP one is a great deal so order that one.

At least that is how it worked for me.

While true that the VIP listing only had 'limit 2 per order' as being what was different, as has already been stated, there were posts online of what the VIP model included. And no wonder there wasn't more info on shopblackberry.com as their product descriptions are very vague.

Anyways, it is enough reason to understand people's frustrations or disappointments. Each person who is in the same boat now has to decide what they want to do about it...wait it out, fight it, whatever.
    10-12-14 06:33 AM
    ? People ordered the VIP unit before it became unavailable. So Shop BlackBerry is on the hook to fulfill those VIP unit orders they "accepted" and charged people's credit cards for.

Posted via CB10
    I think you've done more complaining than the rest of the site combined.

People found a back door in the site, tried to exploit it and created this disaster. At least BlackBerry is honouring the coupon. Yeah, it's messy but whining won't make it any better.

You know your options; wait it out, or cancel and order something/somewhere else. In the meantime, please stop polluting this thread with whining, as some of us come here to find out information.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Cobrajett and aminrajabi like this.
    10-12-14 06:54 AM
    I think a more appropriate representation would be
    - go online to shopblackberry and search for 'passport'
    - see two listings, one normal, one VIP
    - do a search online and see the VIP one comes with case and chargers.
    - think the VIP one is a great deal so order that one.

At least that is how it worked for me.

While true that the VIP listing only had 'limit 2 per order' as being what was different, as has already been stated, there were posts online of what the VIP model included. And no wonder there wasn't more info on shopblackberry.com as their product descriptions are very vague.

Anyways, it is enough reason to understand people's frustrations or disappointments. Each person who is in the same boat now has to decide what they want to do about it...wait it out, fight it, whatever.
    I bought the VIP one and waiting for delivery, but rumours are the VIP is the same as the regular one no case or anything. Hope they are wrong. But am good either way, can't wait to get it!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:02 AM
    It's doesn't need to list the items when it well documented elsewhere that BlackBerry has a VIP unit available straight from them.

In addition, there would be no point for Shop BlackBerry to list separately a VIP unit on both the US and Canadian site.

That being said, US customers who paid a$100 more on the US site than the "regular" Passport was listed there for have a legit complaint here - as well as Canadian shoppers.

In the end, it's not hard to prove it and I believe Shop BlackBerry will either end up refunding $100 or they are going to get some cancellations/returns - which BlackBerry will eventually hear about.

Posted via CB10
    Please show me an official link that "well documents" What a "VIP Edition is".

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:08 AM
348 ... 56789 ...