Why is it possible to load nearly any discontinued App that used to be on BlackBerry World onto our BB10 phones via: Amazon, Sideloading, Google Play etc. But there is no way, or maybe no one looked into this: to load an app that is available for another BB10 device on BlackBerry world onto one that does not feature it in its menu in BlackBerry world. For example Viber on my P9982 can't be loaded onto my passport, also Bloomberg on my P9982 and P9983 can't be put onto my passport. And I mean the version that is on BlackBerry World and not another inferior one.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 07:37 AM
    I wouldn't call any app outside of BBW inferior... most have been updated 20 times since the once in BBW was released.

Native Apps are built to run on specific hardware (issue with Passport is screen size), the expectation was that as new hardware was built, developers would upgrade they apps to include the new hardware changes.

Some of these incompatible native apps will run on the Passport, if they are Sideloaded.... and some will not.
    For most of the "ports" it was just a matter of the Developer not adding the Passport to the list of compatible devices in their BBW listing... but if it's a port, you might as well use Cobalt's Google Play to install a newer version.
    08-05-16 08:09 AM
    Bloomburg app seems to work but im
    Not paying.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-05-16 11:14 AM
    Bloomburg app seems to work but im
    Not paying.

Sent from a Silver Passport.

I believe the app your looking at may be the Bloomberg Professional app on BlackBerry 10. I believe that is the app that closest resembles the famous Bloomberg terminals that launched the company. It's an information source used for people in finance and other fields with all charts, graphs etc.

Currently I use the Bloomberg app that was developed for BlackBerry 10 and that's an excellent app. Has plenty of video, news, articles, commentary etc. The issue is that this app I believe was pulled for BlackBerry Passport support. It's still available for other BlackBerry 10 models.

Does anyone here have a functioning Bloomberg app for their Passport? I am looking to buy a Silver Edition in the fall and this app to me is vital. I have a Classic with Bloomberg working and I am hoping if I do a "device switch" it should allow it to work as its not an app that is available for download directly from BlackBerry World.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 03:24 PM
    i installed it but needed to sign in. It was 6 months ago I considered using it. 6 months ago that was att passport. It installs fine on the SE.
    08-05-16 07:01 PM
    I believe the app your looking at may be the Bloomberg Professional app on BlackBerry 10. I believe that is the app that closest resembles the famous Bloomberg terminals that launched the company. It's an information source used for people in finance and other fields with all charts, graphs etc.

Currently I use the Bloomberg app that was developed for BlackBerry 10 and that's an excellent app. Has plenty of video, news, articles, commentary etc. The issue is that this app I believe was pulled for BlackBerry Passport support. It's still available for other BlackBerry 10 models.

Does anyone here have a functioning Bloomberg app for their Passport? I am looking to buy a Silver Edition in the fall and this app to me is vital. I have a Classic with Bloomberg working and I am hoping if I do a "device switch" it should allow it to work as its not an app that is available for download directly from BlackBerry World.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I have it on my Passport. Since it was built for the Q10 and Classic, there are some UI issues and bugs. I did a backup from my old Z30 to my Passport. The only way I was able to get the native version.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-05-16 07:06 PM
    I have it on my Passport. Since it was built for the Q10 and Classic, there are some UI issues and bugs. I did a backup from my old Z30 to my Passport. The only way I was able to get the native version.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus

Thanks for the info. I recall when the original Passport was launched in September of 2014 it was available for download. After a while it became a device that wasn't supported and the format etc wasn't good.

As long as I can purchase my Silver Edition and simply transfer the apps including Bloomberg to it I am ok.
    Thanks again for the info.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 07:13 PM
    Hey does anyone want to provide a link to download the Bloomberg apk? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 07:37 PM