10-31-14 11:59 PM
81 1234
tools
    I have no idea what happened but suddenly a few days ago the battery life on my Passport became lousy compared to when I got it, I'm struggling to make it through a day on a single charge. This is made even more disappointing as when I first got it I was seeing between 2-3 days based on my usage, I would be considered a light to moderate user these days. I have no apps running in the background, I even close Blaq when I'm done catching up on Twitter. I have a strong and constant DC-HSPA+ at home and at work and I rarely play games.

The only thing I can think of is the recent 10.3.0.1418 update, has anyone encountered any issues with this update? If so, what can be done? I've done a search but I find the search engine on CrackBerry to be pretty much useless so apologies if this has been brought up before.
    one of the apps I downloaded drained my battery ..........cant remember which one now don't know if you have installed any after upgrade if so try deleting them and see how you get on
    10-24-14 03:32 AM
    I would suggest using blackberry virtual expert or battery guru and see whats draining it down. Also check if you changed your wallpaper to a bright white one instead of the stocked black.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:41 AM
    I, too, experienced more rapid battery drain after updating to 10.3.0.1418. I did a security wipe, fresh install, and only restored settings/media from my backup, but not application data. I reinstalled all my apps manually.

I'm finding that LinkedIn was actually the application draining my battery the most (under device monitor, it was affecting system and PIM battery consumption, not the app's battery consumption itself). I rarely use LinkedIn, but I had added my account anyways.

36 hours after setting up the phone completely (which I think is enough time for the OS to "settle"), my passport would show 15 hours of remaining battery life right after I'd take it off my charger in the morning. I removed LinkedIn, and within 15 minutes, the new expected battery life was almost doubled - 1 day and 5 hours. Now I realize those are only expected values, I didn't actually go through a full day of use yet, but I think those numbers are still telling. I'm going to keep my LinkedIn account off my passport until 10.3.1.
    10-24-14 09:11 AM
    Bone stock phone ,thursday morning 50% battery ,30 minute phone call to client , check internet weather several times ,some browsing on web ,sent several texts , 9.pm 28% left .So if the new toy is used for business 2 days no problem .
    10-24-14 09:16 AM
    The only legit solve I can find is if you dim your screen super low, but then you can't enjoy the crispness of it.

Either way. Disappointed by battery life in general as I guess it was hyped too much. FYI using screen at 50%.

Posted via Passport~!
    10-24-14 11:34 AM
    so let me get this straight.... you had AMAZING battery life for some time, and just recently it has been ****ty and you make a post title like that?
    Had crappy battery life longer than I've had good. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:13 PM
    After a couple of days, the device has leveled out. 24+ hours and 40% charge left. I'd say that was pretty good! I also found that most of my consumption was i/o primarily from gnewsreader calling up the browser to look at more details of article (cpu usage through all of this was relatively flat). That was my most heavily used app (which I curtailed for this test).

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:33 PM
    Had crappy battery life longer than I've had good. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    My point is you make a ****ty post title which to me doesn't really reflect your original post where it starts off with: "I have no idea what happened but suddenly a few days ago ".....
    10-24-14 09:48 PM
    Having the same disappointing battery life. Got the 908/1418. I just get an average of 1 hour per 10% of my battery. Everything is grreat except the battery. I wonder if i have defective batteries or its just the settings, maybe you guyscan help outthis is jus my 2nd day on my passport.
    Attached Thumbnails Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141027_223345.jpg  
    10-27-14 11:11 AM
    Here's mine after 12 hours on 3G. I've also attached the "system" graphs as someone requested.

Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141027_183630.png
    Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141027_183814.png

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:41 AM
    I, too, experienced more rapid battery drain after updating to 10.3.0.1418. I did a security wipe, fresh install, and only restored settings/media from my backup, but not application data. I reinstalled all my apps manually.

I'm finding that LinkedIn was actually the application draining my battery the most (under device monitor, it was affecting system and PIM battery consumption, not the app's battery consumption itself). I rarely use LinkedIn, but I had added my account anyways.

36 hours after setting up the phone completely (which I think is enough time for the OS to "settle"), my passport would show 15 hours of remaining battery life right after I'd take it off my charger in the morning. I removed LinkedIn, and within 15 minutes, the new expected battery life was almost doubled - 1 day and 5 hours. Now I realize those are only expected values, I didn't actually go through a full day of use yet, but I think those numbers are still telling. I'm going to keep my LinkedIn account off my passport until 10.3.1.
    What I have noticed with the Expected Battery Life is that it is a dynamic projection based on 'current usage'. The initial estimate that is displayed when the Passport if taken off the Charger is continuously updated and, if you look at the Device Monitor about 10 minutes later (assuming normal usage in the interim), the projection would be much higher.
    10-27-14 01:03 PM
    When Device Monitor says battery is charged to 100% BBVE will give a reading of 100% also, but will also show that the battery is still charging for around a further 20 minutes before the status changes to 100% and not charging, so if you work with BBVE and keep it plugged in until it says Not Charging and 100% you will have a fully charged battery.
    10-27-14 01:07 PM
    I have no idea what happened but suddenly a few days ago the battery life on my Passport became lousy compared to when I got it, I'm struggling to make it through a day on a single charge. This is made even more disappointing as when I first got it I was seeing between 2-3 days based on my usage, I would be considered a light to moderate user these days. I have no apps running in the background, I even close Blaq when I'm done catching up on Twitter. I have a strong and constant DC-HSPA+ at home and at work and I rarely play games.

The only thing I can think of is the recent 10.3.0.1418 update, has anyone encountered any issues with this update? If so, what can be done? I've done a search but I find the search engine on CrackBerry to be pretty much useless so apologies if this has been brought up before.
    Reload, this issue and other similar oddities occurred with someone in my tech group after this update. The factory reset resolved.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:49 PM
    Anyone noticed that the battery never ever hit 98 & 99%? Mine always go from 100 to 97% immediately. Both on the older built and the .908

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:01 PM
    Anyone noticed that the battery never ever hit 98 & 99%? Mine always go from 100 to 97% immediately. Both on the older built and the .908

Posted via CB10
    I noticed that when I was running 10.3 on my Z10 and thought it was odd but got used to it and wasn't surprised when I saw it happen with my Passport.
    10-27-14 04:28 PM
    The only legit solve I can find is if you dim your screen super low, but then you can't enjoy the crispness of it.

Either way. Disappointed by battery life in general as I guess it was hyped too much. FYI using screen at 50%.

Posted via Passport~!
    im very happy with my battery life a lot longer then my z30 no problems here maybe its something you have got installed
    10-28-14 02:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have seen 99% quite a few times.
    10-28-14 12:52 PM
    i am also getting same battery problem ,i am using passport from 22nd oct running 10.3.0.1172 official OS battery stand for 8-9 hours only.
    10-28-14 01:03 PM
    Guys delete all you accounts and readd them. Sometimes those accounts get bugged and sync continuously thus draining batt.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:23 PM
    I'm on 10.3.0.738 and with just under 4 hours of use I'm at 20%. Lasts about 12 hours total. Brightness is all the way down and only Blaq open in the active frame. Is that normal?
    10-28-14 02:08 PM
    Wtf is this trash. I am really starting to get fed up with my Passport and it's defects now.
    Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141028_122057.png

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:21 PM
    Do you want to try the 10.3.1 leak OS?

See if the same problem is happening.
    10-28-14 03:24 PM
    Battery life actually depends on usage, signal strength, apps in sync. Etc. I usually unplug my Passport at 6:30 to 7:30 am. When I reach home at around 8pm I usually still have 20% battery left. Some would consider that bad, but I already consider that good. In my previous phone iPhone 5s, I need to recharge at lunch and another at around 5pm for the phone to last a day.

I have my location services on, bluetooth on, wifi on and LTE on the whole day. Of course bluetooth will only connect when I'm in my car but I leave it on. I have 3 emails all on push. I have around 200 emails per day combined. I have viber, ym, and skype.

In my iPhone, I have to turn of location services. And bluetooth (only turned on when needed).

So I think each of us have diff usage so the best way to gauge battery life is with another phone with the same usage.

For now my passport comes close to my Lumia 1020 in terms of battery life. But I love my passport and it is my main phone. Offhand, BlackBerry can learn from WP8.1 wifi sense which switches from wifi based on location.

BTW, my PP's battery life can still improve onces the phone MAC address is registered to my office's WIFI. Right now am using it in LTE all the way except when I am at home.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:51 AM
    For your reference, I've attached the screen shot of my phone's usage.

Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141029_192000.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:27 AM
    I'm on 10.3.0.908 and I'm a moderate user. A little surfing and watching videos and mainly emails, bum, and what's app and calls.

I last charged on Sunday at 6pm 100% battery and I turn if off when I sleep which is 12am and on around 7am. 65 hours later or 2.5 days I still have 20% remaining. I am super impressed with my battery life.
    10-29-14 10:57 AM
81 1234