Strange. Use Device Monitor to see what's going on. Coming off the charger at 5:00 a.m., I still have about 40-50% at 10:00 p.m.... and that's with fairly good use...
    10-22-14 06:39 AM
    I would recommend looking into your account settings. Maybe reduce the sync intervals.
    Ok, decided to sync ever 24 hours instead 30 mins. I'm syncing 2 Gmail accounts so it takes some power. Will see how it works, so far my battery stats started to look better. Thanks for advice

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:37 PM
    I'm with rogers. First week I had it, it had amazing battery life. They then send out the update and the battery started to tank. It took my phone roughly 2 days to settle in and now it is back to normal. GOD I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    10-22-14 02:50 PM
    I'm with rogers. First week I had it, it had amazing battery life. They then send out the update and the battery started to tank. It took my phone roughly 2 days to settle in and now it is back to normal. GOD I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!
    I've seen some improvement in battery life today, not enough to think the issue has been dealt with but just enough for optimism. I'm going to keep an eye on things for another couple of days and hope that all this is due to the OS "settling".

Thanks to everyone for their remarks and help.
    10-22-14 04:57 PM
    Yeah. I'm not getting anywhere near the life that people claim they're getting. I gotta call b.s.on some of it.
    10-22-14 11:28 PM
    You people that "call b.s." on others that get great battery life crack me up...

Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141022_213605.png

Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141022_213624.png

Mine hasn't been below 50% in days and I only charge it at night when I sleep...on at around 11:30 PM and back off at 6:30 am

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:38 PM
    I went to bed with it at 54% which is a vast improvement but as I deliberately hardly used it yesterday (one Twitter check, that's it) it's still nowhere near where I think it should have been. I'll keep an eye on it again for today.
    10-23-14 06:53 AM
    I have no idea what happened but suddenly a few days ago the battery life on my Passport became lousy compared to when I got it, I'm struggling to make it through a day on a single charge. This is made even more disappointing as when I first got it I was seeing between 2-3 days based on my usage, I would be considered a light to moderate user these days. I have no apps running in the background, I even close Blaq when I'm done catching up on Twitter. I have a strong and constant DC-HSPA+ at home and at work and I rarely play games.

The only thing I can think of is the recent 10.3.0.1418 update, has anyone encountered any issues with this update? If so, what can be done? I've done a search but I find the search engine on CrackBerry to be pretty much useless so apologies if this has been brought up before.
    I feel like something went wrong during the update process.
    Not sure if you tried a clean install, but I think that would solve the issue.
    You could also try backing up the device and doing a factory reset to start. You might get it to settle down that way.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:26 AM
    You people that "call b.s." on others that get great battery life crack me up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141022_213605.png 
Views:	1561 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	308643

Name:	IMG_20141022_213624.png 
Views:	1557 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	308644

Mine hasn't been below 50% in days and I only charge it at night when I sleep...on at around 11:30 PM and back off at 6:30 am

Posted via CB10
    Guess you never use your Passport!!! My Passport is off the charger around 07:00 and needs a charger before midnight..
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-23-14 07:32 AM
    Yeah. I'm not getting anywhere near the life that people claim they're getting. I gotta call b.s.on some of it.
    BS eh? Here is the usage from my last charge 36 hours ago.

Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141023_121207.png

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    10-23-14 11:25 AM
    BS eh? Here is the usage from my last charge 36 hours ago.

Name:	IMG_20141023_121207.png 
Views:	1286 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	308757

Look at high your standby usage is. You don't use your phone nearly as much as some of us. Over a 48 hour period my display usage is more then 3x as much as my standby whereas yours is about 1.5x.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 11:29 AM
    Look at high your standby usage is. You don't use your phone nearly as much as some of us. Over a 48 hour period my display usage is more then 3x as much as my standby whereas yours is about 1.5x.

Posted via CB10
    Probably only because my PP goes into standby after 2 minutes. Plus my last charge was at 11:57pm. So you have two nights of standby included. I can definitely run you a work day usage tomorrow. Over 48 hours my standby is 7%.

My standby is also evened out that I run 6 email accounts with a 5 min sync interval which do run in the background while in standby mode and 4 apps running permanently in the background during day time hours.
    The display usage also depends on the settings not just standby or not. If you use 100% brightness your display usage will always be higher than someone who has it at 75% even if the usage of the phone is equal.

I do feel sorry that you do not get such a high usage out of your battery but before you attempt to diss someone because of numbers which can be modified very easily you may want to ask those who have a longer battery life what do they do to squeeze the longer life out of the batteries.

PS How about a screen shot? We might be able to help you optimizing your battery usage.
    Last edited by Crazed_BB_Fanatic; 10-23-14 at 12:23 PM.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    10-23-14 12:04 PM
    No issues here i get at least 2 days of use with heavy use

Posted from my passport via the great Canadian north

Posted via CB10
    Crazed_BB_Fanatic likes this.
    10-23-14 12:23 PM
    Can someone with amazing battery life share how the "system" battery usage is like? Just tap the system and it'd show
    mine depletes 10% with 6 hours sleep with phone on bedside mode
    Would like to compare how it fluctuates!
    10-23-14 12:50 PM
    All I know is that under identical usage patterns, my Z10 would drain about 5-6% per hour on average, and often need a charge or battery swap at some point in the day to make it to bedtime. My Passport is draining at about a 2-3% per hour clip and I don't have to even have to sniff a charger during the day. That doesn't suck.

All these battery life threads are exactly the same, every device, every platform. Somebody says the battery life sucks, others say it's great and provide examples, then others come in and all but call them liars. BATTERY LIFE IS SUBJECTIVE. Everyone will have a different experience since we all use our devices differently. What can't be argued though is that the Passport has a superior battery life in comparison to any other BB10 device when usage patterns are equal.
    10-23-14 12:53 PM
    Twitter is one of the culprit in mine..I think it runs on the background all the time..

Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141024_033729.png

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 03:38 PM
    As someone else mentioned earlier, open EVERY app on your phone and make sure you are logged in or have at least logged in once. I saw this on an early leak where i think i had not logged into BBM (i ever use it) and even after a couple days of settling after an update i was getting poor battery life. After logging in to BBM and a few other apps i had not bothered to configure it seemed like things smoothed out. This was on my Q 10 but would not be surprised if there is some app misbehaving.

I have a bunch of BBRY and Android apps installed and am seeing excellent battery life on the Passport on the 632/634 leak with light to medium usage since i am still using the Q and PP in parallel but 12 hours after unplugging my PP this morning i still have 84% battery left. Silly device monitor say 2 days left but that's assuming the same light usage. I have yet to see it go below about 30% only after a VERY long day and high usage.
    10-23-14 06:52 PM
    I'm also on the newest update, 10.3.0.908, on my Passport (Amazing phone btw) and the battery life is what I expected from BlackBerry. Lasts me slightly more than a day which moderate use. I have done 186 minutes worth of phone calls, watched Netflix (Top Gear ) for like 20 minutes, checked FaceBook and LinkedIn few times an hour and sent and received dozens of texts, bbm and emails. Usually come home to 20% at the end of the day. Wake up at 7:00 am and usually start charging at 11:00pm. My screen brightness is at half. Wifi, NFC and bluetooth is off but sometimes I have Bluetooth on in the car on my way home which is a 30 - 45 minute drive.
    I am REALLY loving the BlackBerry Passport! Hope this helps somehow and hope you enjoy your Passports!
    10-23-14 07:05 PM
    so let me get this straight.... you had AMAZING battery life for some time, and just recently it has been ****ty and you make a post title like that?
    10-23-14 07:16 PM
    Probably only because my PP goes into standby after 2 minutes. Plus my last charge was at 11:57pm. So you have two nights of standby included. I can definitely run you a work day usage tomorrow. Over 48 hours my standby is 7%.

My standby is also evened out that I run 6 email accounts with a 5 min sync interval which do run in the background while in standby mode and 4 apps running permanently in the background during day time hours.
    The display usage also depends on the settings not just standby or not. If you use 100% brightness your display usage will always be higher than someone who has it at 75% even if the usage of the phone is equal.

I do feel sorry that you do not get such a high usage out of your battery but before you attempt to diss someone because of numbers which can be modified very easily you may want to ask those who have a longer battery life what do they do to squeeze the longer life out of the batteries.

PS How about a screen shot? We might be able to help you optimizing your battery usage.
    Understandable. I come from a Z10 with horrible battery life and I expected much more from my Passport. I don't even use LTE anymore, I use 4G. I get about 16 hours of usage from that. One email ( gmail ) on push sync.

Battery is sitting at 55% now after being off charge for 9 hours. This includes max about 1.5 hours heavy usage. Maybe two hours of light to medium. Rest has of the time the phone has been untouched.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:39 PM
    I've not had great battery life thus far, either. First thing that happened was the update apply for Rogers. Majority of the hit (50%) is from screen which is set to lowest level. Still diagnosing whether there's something particular killing the endurance but nothing else has come to light. Does the button toggle on quick settings do anything?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:53 PM
    Best battery life I seen in a phone!!
    [img]308904[/img]

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Disappointing Battery Life - Passport-img_20141023_205114.png  
    10-23-14 08:08 PM
    Understandable. I come from a Z10 with horrible battery life and I expected much more from my Passport. I don't even use LTE anymore, I use 4G. I get about 16 hours of usage from that. One email ( gmail ) on push sync.

Battery is sitting at 55% now after being off charge for 9 hours. This includes max about 1.5 hours heavy usage. Maybe two hours of light to medium. Rest has of the time the phone has been untouched.

Posted via CB10
    OK. But not all hope is gone.

I read a little up on Lithium Ion batteries. Of course the old fashion running it empty and recharging is not applicable to Li and not recommended. Most systems using Li batteries shut down at a certain % in order to protect the battery.

But what I did read is while Li batteries are ready to go at 'birth' some extended storage time could reduce the initial battery performance. People recommend to regularly cycle your battery (charging) probably more often than you would normally. This could and should restore the original performance.

Some scientists believe that with use and storage, a passivation layer builds up on the cathode of a lithium-ion cell. Also known as interfacial protective film (IPF), this layer restricts ion flow and increases the internal resistance. In the worst cases, the phenomenon can lead to lithium plating. Charging, and more effectively cycling, is known to dissolve the layer. Scientists do not fully understand the nature of this layer, and the few published resources on this subject only speculate that performance restoration with cycling is connected to the removal of the passivation layer.
    Since the lower battery performance is rather isolated I assume that you guys got an earlier batch which may have been in 'storage' (either in the unite or in the assembly plant).

Try that for a while:
    - charge the battery to full and start using it in the morning at a certain time (i.e. 8am)
    - note your battery performance in the evening (i.e. 8pm)
    - from that moment on charge the battery every chance you get disregarding need (don't even look how much battery power you have left or charge it to 100%): outlets, laptop, computers - a few minutes here and there (in addition to your overnight charge), even if you have a 100% charge - plug it in. Do that for a week or so.
    - after a week pick a day where you will repeat the very first step and try to use the phone in a similar way. See if you have any changes in battery performance.

And then let us know if it worked.
    rai187 likes this.
    10-23-14 11:17 PM
    OK. But not all hope is gone.

I read a little up on Lithium Ion batteries. Of course the old fashion running it empty and recharging is not applicable to Li and not recommended. Most systems using Li batteries shut down at a certain % in order to protect the battery.

But what I did read is while Li batteries are ready to go at 'birth' some extended storage time could reduce the initial battery performance. People recommend to regularly cycle your battery (charging) probably more often than you would normally. This could and should restore the original performance.

Since the lower battery performance is rather isolated I assume that you guys got an earlier batch which may have been in 'storage' (either in the unite or in the assembly plant).

Try that for a while:
    - charge the battery to full and start using it in the morning at a certain time (i.e. 8am)
    - note your battery performance in the evening (i.e. 8pm)
    - from that moment on charge the battery every chance you get disregarding need (don't even look how much battery power you have left or charge it to 100%): outlets, laptop, computers - a few minutes here and there (in addition to your overnight charge), even if you have a 100% charge - plug it in. Do that for a week or so.
    - after a week pick a day where you will repeat the very first step and try to use the phone in a similar way. See if you have any changes in battery performance.

And then let us know if it worked.
    I will try that and let you know how it goes. I have only been charging it once ( night ). Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    Crazed_BB_Fanatic likes this.
    10-24-14 12:32 AM
    I will try that and let you know how it goes. I have only been charging it once ( night ). Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck. Hope it'll work for you.

10-24-14 12:35 AM
81 1234