03-28-15 05:42 PM
64 123
tools
    **** FIXED ****
    I followed instructions on this website and easy installed the 2558 leak. I now have a working GPS, and as a side effect, the battery life has improved greatly.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear. I guess I installed 2480 right after getting my AT&T Passport, so never had the chance to see it fail.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:46 PM
    I've been an UNLOCKED BB purchaser for all of my BB!) devices. Using them all on AT&T with zero problems. Even the Z30 wuth only 4G service worked flawlessly.
    03-14-15 11:46 PM
    [QUOTE=mrjlwilliamsZ10;11464456]This kinda silly to me, to rely on your phone for GPS. Just go buy a portable GPS unit, for what like $40 or $50. Just weird you are so mad about GPS on this phone...kinda like when people complain about cameras on cell phones. Just buy a DSLR if you want the best pics, lol.[/QUOTE

This has got to be one of the top "No way!!" suggestions that I've seen. And I'm being gentle with my comment.
    03-15-15 12:20 AM
    I 've used both my Passport and BB Classic in GPS mode and had no troubles so far (last time was yesterday to find the restaurant where I reserved a table for dinner...
    From sunny Portugal BB convert from iMadConsumerism
    03-15-15 01:32 PM
    Do people need GPS to find their way to wipe their a$$?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:19 PM
    Yes, exactly, I have all my toilet paper holders in my location favorites, that way I can find them in the dark.
    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-15 02:24 PM
    Well, I don't think you should feel like your opinion is better than someone else. It's just my opinion, respect it like I respect yours. I personally would NEVER depend on a cell phone for anything other than calls, you obviously like many others do. So is that okay with you? It's just an opinion...
    No, why would you want a smartphone to be 'smart'? Of course it's perfectly reasonable to buy a 500 handset and only use it for things a 10 phone can do. I utterly agree with you and can't understand some people's bizarre point of view. I appreciate your logic even if nobody else does.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    ce71 likes this.
    03-15-15 07:10 PM
    I've only used GPS on the AT&T Passport once and did not have any issues. Just pulled it up right now to test and it started the navigation with no problem.

Of course, that does not mean that there may still be an issue with the AT&T passport and the particular network you're connected to.

FYI, I'm in San Francisco Bay Area, California.

Posted via CB10
    I recently made a voice request to Blackberry Assistant to navigate to a convention centre. Worked flawlessly. The Iphone 6 being used by the vehicle driver sputtered and did not respond.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:31 PM
    I have an ATT Passport and I'm very satisfied - a long term BlackBerry user, I think this is the best unit I've had. Although the size has some drawbacks the reading experience is much more comfortable than Q10 or Z10. I have had no performance issues at all, Battery life is more than a busy working day consumes. In short I love it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 08:22 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my att branded passport, i'll give the lasted leak a go tomorrow. Thanks everyone for posting and helping folks with this issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 10:59 PM
    I've been working with BlackBerry support. It is a software problem with the Passport. They are working with me to figure it out

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:31 AM
    This is my 2nd Passport with the same issues!!!!!!!!unreal. I can't seem to get the GPS to work!!!!!!!!!!!!

InkPassPort
    03-28-15 03:45 PM
    GPS on my Passport is quicker that my Garmin and TomTom device The Passport also save us from an unknown city because the garmin was not able to get GPS and my Passport had no problem to get out of the city. Also Blackberry Maps is very good,
    03-28-15 03:59 PM
    This kinda silly to me, to rely on your phone for GPS. Just go buy a portable GPS unit, for what like $40 or $50. Just weird you are so mad about GPS on this phone...kinda like when people complain about cameras on cell phones. Just buy a DSLR if you want the best pics, lol.
    Device convergence is what made the smartphone what it is today. No one wants to carry or even own multiple devices. Smartphones have destroyed the market for digital cameras, dedicated gps (Navigon/TomTom for offline maps), wrist watches, alarm clocks, portable gaming consoles and portable music players.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 05:42 PM
64 123