I really hope you are joking with this statement.
    Funny enough... He most likely isn't. Dude has the weirdest points of view.
    03-13-15 09:47 PM
    They would have to, if they came out with leaks that "coincidentally" addressed the issue.
    03-13-15 09:56 PM
    I really hope you are joking with this statement.
    Not at all, it's silly like I said. If GPS is so important, WHY would you count on your phone for it? Just get a GPS stand alone unit. Seriously!
    03-13-15 11:21 PM
    Not at all, it's silly like I said. If GPS is so important, WHY would you count on your phone for it? Just get a GPS stand alone unit. Seriously!
    Because it's a standard feature in phones that enables you to not have keep another device in your car?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-13-15 11:30 PM
    Because it's a standard feature in phones that enables you to not have keep another device in your car?
    Well, I don't think you should feel like your opinion is better than someone else. It's just my opinion, respect it like I respect yours. I personally would NEVER depend on a cell phone for anything other than calls, you obviously like many others do. So is that okay with you? It's just an opinion...
    03-13-15 11:32 PM
    Not too mention i use my phone to navigate when riding in someone else's car.
    Maybe I should carry my TomTom in my pocket just in case.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    ce71 likes this.
    03-14-15 05:43 AM
    No
    03-14-15 07:44 AM
    My GPS on passport also AT&T is lagging. It works on BlackBerry maps but it will hang up and lag. I was unhappy with the reliability of this. I'm unsure if this is BlackBerry map, devise or AT&T. Not huge issue as it works but sometimes lags. I'm confident it will be corrected on any updates. The screen flicker is only thing I'm annoyed with for most part. This is the most amazing phone I've ever had. So happy in general. My gosh the keyboard is oven better than 9900

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 07:59 AM
    This kinda silly to me, to rely on your phone for GPS. Just go buy a portable GPS unit, for what like $40 or $50. Just weird you are so mad about GPS on this phone...kinda like when people complain about cameras on cell phones. Just buy a DSLR if you want the best pics, lol.
    You sir are an *****...$600.00+ for a phone that doesn't have a working gps...the OP has a right to complain.

Posted via CB10
    franchise22 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-14-15 08:09 AM
    Well, I don't think you should feel like your opinion is better than someone else. It's just my opinion, respect it like I respect yours. I personally would NEVER depend on a cell phone for anything other than calls, you obviously like many others do. So is that okay with you? It's just an opinion...
    You're not respecting people's opinion you're just telling them to spend more money for another product...how is that respect? If you were face to face I really bet you wouldn't be so cold towards who has similar issues. I thought CB was to inform and learn.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 08:14 AM
    I've had the same issue with GPS connectivity.
    Kept getting the "location cannot be found. 1001" message. Sometimes it would go into the guidance screen, but if it actually made it that far it would just freeze up.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with blackberry the other day and they were surprised to hear that this was an issue, in turn asking me to send logs and take snapshots of my error messages. They think it has to do with the fact I upgraded to 10.3.1. I've only had the phone 4 days now and I can't recall if the issue existed before the upgrade to 10.3.1.
    Either way, they said they are working on the issue and if they cant come up with a solution by today they will ask me to pick up a new Passport and not upgrade the OS, as they said 10.3.1 has been pulled because of the issues people are having with it.
    Of note, they had me try to GPS while on my WiFi and then just the ATT network and I experienced issues with both.

Anyway, I second your frustration. I've been a blackberry supporter for years and have not jumped ship at any point since I started using a BB years ago, however its outright frustrating to pay $650 for a phone and immediately encounter numerous issues (i also have the flickering problem). I'll let everyone know if Blackberry comes up with a fix.
    juststart likes this.
    03-14-15 09:13 AM
    This kinda silly to me, to rely on your phone for GPS. Just go buy a portable GPS unit, for what like $40 or $50. Just weird you are so mad about GPS on this phone...kinda like when people complain about cameras on cell phones. Just buy a DSLR if you want the best pics, lol.
    Are you serious? It's a $600 phone that the GPS should work flawlessly on. BB can't afford to have many mistakes.
    03-14-15 12:10 PM
    So when you travel you carry a phone for calls/texts, a laptop for email and internet, an alarm clock to wake you up, and a GPS to get you to your destination? I figured that a 2015 smartphone should be able to handle all of that.
    03-14-15 12:16 PM
    **** FIXED ****

Want to say thanks to quantran1, franchise22, and everyone else who informed me about how this issue can be resolved by installing one of the new leaks.

Although I have no prior experience with leaks, I followed instructions on this website and easy installed the 2558 leak. I now have a working GPS, and as a side effect, the battery life has improved greatly.

I also want to thank the awesome developers involved with creating and disseminating fixes/leaks.

Unfortunately, there will be new BlackBerry customers who will undoubtedly return their devices to the store because of this issue. I hope it gets resolved.

Posted via CB10
    franchise22 and RoseBud68 like this.
    03-14-15 12:30 PM
    I use my GPS all the time. No problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:37 PM
    All those of you that are having problems, what is your data speed like?
    03-14-15 12:51 PM
    **** FIXED ****

Want to say thanks to quantran1, franchise22, and everyone else who informed me about how this issue can be resolved by installing one of the new leaks.

Although I have no prior experience with leaks, I followed instructions on this website and easy installed the 2558 leak. I now have a working GPS, and as a side effect, the battery life has improved greatly.

I also want to thank the awesome developers involved with creating and disseminating fixes/leaks.

Unfortunately, there will be new BlackBerry customers who will undoubtedly return their devices to the store because of this issue. I hope it gets resolved.

Posted via CB10

Ce71, I'm glad you got your issue resolved. I don't expect any device or software to be bug-free. However, I personally believe that if I can do a little research and fix it myself, it's more productive than b$@ching and moaning.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-14-15 02:05 PM
    **** FIXED ****

Posted via CB10
    The 2558 is called a Leak, since the carriers had not rolled it out to the customers at the time. The build was done to correct the Known errors and these were posted in Bla1ze Post here.....................
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998926/

And on the front page of Crackberry here....

BlackBerry OS 10.3.1.2558 update files now available for download | CrackBerry.com
    03-14-15 05:11 PM
    Ce71, I'm glad you got your issue resolved. I don't expect any device or software to be bug-free. However, I personally believe that if I can do a little research and fix it myself, it's more productive than b$@ching and moaning.

Posted via CB10
    So True and that's why Crackberry is a good source of problem solving and sharing our findings and fixes.
    It's just human nature to panic when things don't go the way we want.

I too am glad the OP was able to get his problem resolved and is now able to use his Passport. I hope he will also pass this information on to the next person that has issue, so our Crackberry Community can grow and be more helpful to everyone.

AT&T is known to lagg in providing their customers with timely updates anyway, and the only way we can get our issued solved is to read these forums and be aware.
    quangtran1 likes this.
    03-14-15 05:32 PM
    Not sure if its the same problem or not but friends on facebook using android and window phones both on VZW and ATT are having GPS issues
    03-14-15 09:12 PM
    It sucks when the phone doesn't work correctly! I hope you find a fix. I personally have an unlocked passport on tmobile with no GPS problems. Wish you the best! Sometimes the comments here try to be funny or sarcastic hard to tell sometimes especially when you just are looking for some help. Best wishes

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:22 PM
    No GPS issues here.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:27 PM
    Maybe you could describe ina bit of detail the EXACT problems that make you feel it is not working.
    03-14-15 10:45 PM
    I have a unlocked AT&T passport and I am using it on T Mobile USA and my GPS has been working fine, I used the BlackBerry maps today to find some clients address and it worked perfectly.

I have had several passports since the official launch and haven't had a GPS issue with either one of them, but I am on T Mobile LTE network.

Sent from my lovely AT&T passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.1.2480)
    You back on the Passport after the Classic?
    03-14-15 11:04 PM
    I had the exact issues you described. I'm on AT&T also. Then per suggestions here, I installed 2480. What a difference, GPS is working perfectly now. No lag in Maps, BeMaps, Waze, it's as fast as Waze on my Note Edge.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm... that's interesting because I loaded 2480 right after getting my AT&T passport, so maybe my lack of GPS issues is also SW related?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:41 PM
64 123