Add my voice to the chorus of "you must have a lemon". My Passport is very solid. Keys feel great.
    09-29-14 04:09 PM
    Mine has been rock solid as well.

Posted via CB10 on a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-29-14 04:39 PM
    I have two of the Passports and both are solid. No issues.
    09-29-14 04:45 PM
    I have two of the Passports and both are solid. No issues.
    So you're the reason I couldn't get one... At least it's good to know that mine is solid.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-29-14 06:21 PM
    Also the keyboard being touch enabled, I was wondering when you're typing fast if the cursor moves or exits an app on you because you're sliding your fingers across the keyboard to type

Q10 Posted via CB10
    There is no cursor and the swiping isn't enabled when typing unless you are moving around the editing bubble which never seems to come on by mistake.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:24 PM
    I have beef with the space key. It feels worn out. Looked at another passport and same thing. Salesperson agreed it doesn't feel like the rest of the keys and unless you push in the center it is hard to depress at all. My thumbs actually tire because I have to press it harder than the other keys. Any ideas of how to stiffen that up?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:38 PM
    dissapointed how would you feel about this you may have a lemon but the ones in this video are all like this hahahhahahah
    09-29-14 07:57 PM
    mine is perfect too... I have only 1 problem with that, and that's I didn't buy it yet
    09-29-14 07:58 PM
    Imo this is the best blackberry they have built
    09-29-14 09:56 PM
    Very sturdy good build

Posted through my Passport #workwide
    09-29-14 10:05 PM
    I believe this is built like a tank & don't have the issues you describe.

That said... I did buy a Telus Passport that had indentations on one of the keyboard frets, which I returned.

Manufacturing errors do occur, and this device won't be an exception to that. My advice is to exchange the device if you believe something is wrong with it. CRTC rules allow you 15 days to do so with a carrier purchase.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:28 PM
    I can hear my keys click as I type but I wouldn't describe it as a creak.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:32 PM
    Unlike my previous 9900 that had multiple build quality issues, this Passport seems to be flawless.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:33 PM
    Mine is perfect and find it to have the best build quality of any BlackBerry thus far. I would parrot what others have said here and get it replaced under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:38 PM
    Mine built like a tank.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-29-14 10:55 PM
    After the slight creak on the back left side in the middle went away when I tightened a screw under the removable plastic piece, I officially have no Passport complaints.

The keyboard in particular just feels so nice to type on. Each key presses nicely and it's easy to swipe up for gestures and stuff.

No creaky bottom under the bottom row of keys either.

The Passport feels so solid... and not just solid, but luxurious too. I thought the Z30 and Q10 were the top of the line, but BlackBerry has raised the bar.
    It feels nicer than the q10? Can you elaborate?

#Flagshipkiller #NeverSettle
    09-30-14 12:05 AM
    Build quality of Passport is top of the line . Yours may be just a one off case . Please approach your dealer and get your device replaced. I am today day 6 with my device and am enjoying every bit of it .
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-30-14 01:38 AM
    Picked up the passport today and I gotta say.. disappointed with the hardware... when I press down the slightest bit on the bar below the keypad, primarily under the letter c, you hear a creaking noise as if the plastic is bending or there's empty space underneath. Besides that, my 'g' and 'h' button make a weird noise when being pressed, and the keyboard plastic on a lot of the letters feels cheap.. the keyboard typing experience is great and so is the screen, I just wish it didn't feel like cheap plastic and make so much noise when the slightest pressure is applied to the material.

Posted via CB10
    As I don't share any of your problems (in fact, miles away from my perception) and I don't discuss your sincerity, there's only one thing to do IMHO : You had a lemon, ask for an exchange, ASAP.
    09-30-14 02:56 AM
    My passport is built like a German panzer tank and I couldn't be happier. Worth every dollar I spent for the device.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-30-14 04:44 AM
    Mine has a couple of problems which are being addressed through the Advanced exchange program. Sticking lock button and the space and B key clashing.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:36 AM
    Mine has a couple of problems which are being addressed through the Advanced exchange program. Sticking lock button and the space and B key clashing.

Posted via CB10
    I hope they sort it out for you tout suite

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    09-30-14 06:09 AM
    He posted this and never replied. Mine has been in my back jean pocket and no creaking or bending. And I can feel it when I sit on it.almost feels like it will rip my jean pocket. I am definitely exerting more than 70lbs.
    09-30-14 07:51 AM
    Picked up the passport today and I gotta say.. disappointed with the hardware... when I press down the slightest bit on the bar below the keypad, primarily under the letter c, you hear a creaking noise as if the plastic is bending or there's empty space underneath. Besides that, my 'g' and 'h' button make a weird noise when being pressed, and the keyboard plastic on a lot of the letters feels cheap.. the keyboard typing experience is great and so is the screen, I just wish it didn't feel like cheap plastic and make so much noise when the slightest pressure is applied to the material.

Posted via CB10
    As disappointing as it is to say this, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I just received my Passport yesterday evening, and after unlocking and setting it up, my "O" key started malfunctioning. Depending on how it is pressed when typing, the key will get stuck and not respond to input reliably or be just outright annoying because it starts "popping and clicking" as it is pressed. I have to figure out what to do about this now since the hardware is brand new, but this device is obviously defective.
    09-30-14 08:50 AM
    OP, I would have it replaced. I tested one at Telus store and the build quality is impressive. If you're still in doubt watch this test:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle20801006/

I think BlackBerry has a winner here!
    Cheers
    09-30-14 02:01 PM
    I had a playbook on launch day that "creaked' when the corner of the unit was pressed down on. Returned for a new one and no problems years later.
    Exchange yours with a new one. It sounds like a faulty unit. These things happen from time to time.
    09-30-14 02:07 PM
109 12345