My keys feel great and the device build quality is excellent and well with the money, no creaking noises hear. Great keyboard as far as I am concerned and I have recommended it to a few of my clients.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-28-14 06:26 PM
    mines solid too, no cracks or unevenness at all. I had a deadpixel on my first passport, but I exchanged it and checked the second one on the spot and this one is perfect. you might want to take it back since that's a certainly a big no no on a $800 device
    09-28-14 06:28 PM
    Yeah I have no complaints re build quality, everything feels solid with no creaks or growns

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    09-28-14 06:35 PM
    It's never wise to rush out and buy any device that have been just push out, most of those few device will be beta tester products.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    Just what in God's name are you on about?? Beta tester products?? Lol just lol.

OP I'd return it for another one that doesn't suffer creaking problems. Of course there will be a few out there that will have issues, no mass produced product out there is free from issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:52 PM
    Mine feels very solid. Someone in another thread, though, reported the same issue as the OP. He said he fixed it by tightening a screw (or two?). Might be worth a search.

Or just exchange the thing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    09-28-14 06:52 PM
    Just what in God's name are you on about?? Beta tester products?? Lol just lol.

OP I'd return it for another one that doesn't suffer creaking problems. Of course there will be a few out there that will have issues, no mass produced product out there is free from issues.

Posted via CB10
    and stay away from the ones built on Mondays and Fridays , just sayin'
    Thunderbuck and John Pawling like this.
    09-28-14 09:32 PM
    Perfect here
    09-28-14 09:52 PM
    Yup I'd return it. No creaks here!

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    09-28-14 09:53 PM
    creaking passport? Get a replacement...and glad the title was changed....couldnt stand another flame war for no reason
    09-28-14 11:01 PM
    Picked up the passport today and I gotta say.. disappointed with the hardware... when I press down the slightest bit on the bar below the keypad, primarily under the letter c, you hear a creaking noise as if the plastic is bending or there's empty space underneath. Besides that, my 'g' and 'h' button make a weird noise when being pressed, and the keyboard plastic on a lot of the letters feels cheap.. the keyboard typing experience is great and so is the screen, I just wish it didn't feel like cheap plastic and make so much noise when the slightest pressure is applied to the material.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed with others and same,absolutely no "creaking " on my new passport.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    09-28-14 11:18 PM
    After the slight creak on the back left side in the middle went away when I tightened a screw under the removable plastic piece, I officially have no Passport complaints.

The keyboard in particular just feels so nice to type on. Each key presses nicely and it's easy to swipe up for gestures and stuff.

No creaky bottom under the bottom row of keys either.

The Passport feels so solid... and not just solid, but luxurious too. I thought the Z30 and Q10 were the top of the line, but BlackBerry has raised the bar.
    D3C0D3R and vptsff like this.
    09-29-14 12:08 AM
    Picked up the passport today and I gotta say.. disappointed with the hardware... when I press down the slightest bit on the bar below the keypad, primarily under the letter c, you hear a creaking noise as if the plastic is bending or there's empty space underneath. Besides that, my 'g' and 'h' button make a weird noise when being pressed, and the keyboard plastic on a lot of the letters feels cheap.. the keyboard typing experience is great and so is the screen, I just wish it didn't feel like cheap plastic and make so much noise when the slightest pressure is applied to the material.

Posted via CB10
    sounds like you have a faulty one .................this can happen with ANY PHONE not just blackberrys get it replaced
    09-29-14 01:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just wondering, are creaky keyboard buttons covered under the warranty?
    09-29-14 03:29 AM
    There may be no problems in the phone functions but it obviously has a hardware / assembly quality issue. I hope you bought it on a store so you can show them the fault and have it replaced soon. If bought online, i don't think it will be replaced.
    09-29-14 03:54 AM
    The Passport is made by Wistron. I don't know why people keep thinking it is made by Foxconn or Blackberry themselves. Wistron is the ODM who made the Q10, Z10 as well.

For the 1000th time, Foxconn = Lower end device(s) initially. Ie: Z3

Wistron is the main ODM Blackberry is using nowdays.
    09-29-14 04:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can honestly say that I haven?t experienced the issues you've had. Mine feels super solid, no creaks anywhere and all the keys sound the same. Phone feels super premium to me. As with all things, there will be manufacturing tolerances so I'd just swap it for another one asap.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    09-29-14 04:16 AM
    Mine is rock solid too!

Exchange it while you can
    09-29-14 05:35 AM
    Mines built like a tank.
    jojo beaconsfield and dusdal like this.
    09-29-14 05:47 AM
    There may be no problems in the phone functions but it obviously has a hardware / assembly quality issue. I hope you bought it on a store so you can show them the fault and have it replaced soon. If bought online, i don't think it will be replaced.
    Why wouldn't it be replaced if bought online?? Pretty sure the same law applies to stuff bought online

Here in the UK anything bought online faulty or not has either a 7 or 14 day return policy. Although some places will say you need to keep the packaging intact if you want to send it back. Same goes with faulty products, if it's within 30 days they replace it with a new one...outside the 30 days it's usually fixed or if it can't be fixed...replaced.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:23 AM
    Are you sure you didn't get one of those iSheeps....sorry..iPhone 6 in Passport's disguise...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:44 AM
    Absolutely no issue with my Passport. Built like a beast for professional users.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    My Passport isn't making the noises that you've described. It feels solid. There's plenty of stainless steel and about as much plastic as I would expect there to be on a device.
    09-29-14 11:18 AM
    Are you sure you didn't get one of those iSheeps....sorry..iPhone 6 in Passport's disguise...

Posted via CB10
    Always at least one.
    09-29-14 01:43 PM
    go to the store and try the one on demo, if you can't duplicate your problem then you have a defective one and exchange for a new one before you 14 or 30 days is up.
    09-29-14 02:58 PM
    Hopefully it's only your device.

I was wondering the other day, the keyboard being touch enable, could it be damaged with all the swapping. I'm talking long term here. We can only speculate here I guess.
    Also the keyboard being touch enabled, I was wondering when you're typing fast if the cursor moves or exits an app on you because you're sliding your fingers across the keyboard to type

Q10 Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-14 03:03 PM
109 1234 ...