Is there no way to disable this hotkey? About 1 in 3 times I have the Passport in my pocket it unlocks using this combo without any manual interaction, and has in the past composed messages (gibberish), reminders, launched programs, etc.

Since adding a passcode to the device it now attempts to enter codes since the U+Enter hotkey is apparently too easy to trigger when bumped in my pocket.

Just today it got to 6/10 failed passcode attempts! Thankfully Blackberry stops more attempts by requiring the user to enter the word 'blackberry' before trying more, otherwise my device would likely have been wiped!

Serious design oversight if there's no option to disable this keyboard behavior. It should offer a touch-only unlock.
    08-29-17 03:05 AM
    It is actually the screen that unlocks your phone in pocket. Disable that and it won't try to unlock in your pocket.
    08-29-17 03:26 AM
    Also happens to me all the time.
    Doesn't bother me too much as the 6th failed password attempt asks to type in blackberry, my pocket and it's contents haven't yet figured out how to do it.
    And I've also written awkward pocket messages to a lot of people as my screen didn't lock instantly after turning it off , so I fixed that.
    08-29-17 04:36 AM
    It is actually the screen that unlocks your phone in pocket. Disable that and it won't try to unlock in your pocket.
    Huh. Normally, out of pocket, the only way I can unlock the device is by swiping with my finger in the very center of the display up. Any other swipe doesn't register (unlike the Z10 which is far better for swiping). So you've had this issue and it was your thigh through the pocket fabric that was swiping up and unlocking the device? (I have the screen facing my body to avoid external, focused pressure on the screen).

I'm kind of stunned if that's the case, since the phone barely has any room to move being in my tight jeans.

If that is the cause there are two drawbacks: I like the swipe up in normal use and secondly it's difficult to place the device in my pockets without touching the power/lock button (which is what the Settings preference falls back to when swipe is disabled)...
    08-29-17 04:42 AM
    There is an app for that : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    Emmerich likes this.
    08-29-17 05:10 PM
    Thanks. It's a shame Blackberry's testing is so awful there has to be an app to fix such a problem.
    08-29-17 09:30 PM
    I've never had this problem, but if something is pressing against both keys it might eventually damage the phone, you might consider carrying it in some other way. I got a Lihit Labs "Smart Fit Carrying Pouch" to force myself to take my Passport outside my pockets, and use the wired headset... As opposed to next to my skin and pressed against my face for calls. Just an idea!
    09-01-17 03:42 PM