One thing I do like about touch screen phones is their grime resistance. I have no qualms about having oil or glue on my hands, wiping on a rag, then changing the song, or replying to a message on my Z30. After 1.5 years, my Z30 looks 9/10 I would say. The fact that it is black helps, but my white Z10 was easy to clean, and always looked good.

I am on the fence about a passport, but the last keyboard device I had (RIP 8900) I remember being very cautious about having clean hands when using it.

Any mechanics (backyard or pro), carpenters, plumbers, etc use a Passport?
    08-27-15 01:04 PM
    I work in a Chinese takeaway and my hands to get a bit oily, had no problem or worries with my old Samsung S4 before I got my PP SE. I've only had the SE for a week, I just try to make sure I wash or at least wipe my hands before using it, though it still gets a bit oily. Just have to live with it as I really wanted to go back to a PKB from when I had a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 01:19 PM
    I'm a mechanic and I carry my passport naked in my coveralls pockets and use device when my hands have oil residues on them... device still going strong...

Also touch screen is rubber glove friendly.

In Squircle I Trust
    08-27-15 03:01 PM
    Same as above. I'll wipe my hands down first of course if they are liquidity or goopy from obvious things.

Via Passport via CB10
    08-27-15 04:00 PM
    I tend to be cursed with oil oil oil and more oily film. But then I just whip out my trusty eye glass spray and cleaning cloth and job done.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-27-15 04:38 PM
    Millwright here, oil and gas industry servicing electric motors. Been a good phone since release date. Screen protector (ghost armor) came off a few months back, naked since then. No problems. Micro scratches on the screen but nothing major. I usually only get a year out of these things and am hoping to push the Passport longer.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:38 PM
    Thanks for the posts. I was worried about grime in keys. But it sounds it is a non issue with a little care.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:39 AM
    Thanks for the posts. I was worried about grime in keys. But it sounds it is a non issue with a little care.Posted via CB10
    I have a White Original Passport and what everyone said is true. There is not much care required or need to mollycoddle the device itself but I can see white PKB tend to get little bit 'shady' in the recessed corners of the keys probably from body oils. Holding the phone with face down and giving a scrub with a toothbrush dipped in kitchen detergent gets it all good again. Caveat is that toothbrush should not be dripping wet and you have to wipe the keys holding the phone face down so no chance of any water droplet seeping down on key-plate. Hope this helps if you are sitting out on fence with a white PP in mind.
    08-29-15 02:29 AM
    It's better to be cautious, I had a double type before I got my phone replaced. I suspect it's the hard ware pkb issue that could be caused by sands and wet hands. Not sure about oil. But this are my suspicion.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:17 AM
    I'm a Electrician use it everyday I have dropped it 4 to 5 times no problem. Also never had screen lifting or double typing issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:22 PM