Hi CB peeps, I just got this email and would like to share it with you guys. Hopefully this will shead some light on why there were BO's:

I am the Director of ShopBlackBerry and responsible for the poor customer experience you have had with ShopBlackBerry. I apologize that we provided you with no follow up information and that others got their phones before you did. That is not acceptable.

BlackBerry's CEO takes this poor customer service very seriously. He asked the COO to supervise the effort to fix these issues asap. The ShopBlackBerry and the BlackBerry customer service teams have been working closely together to improve customer service communication.

At this point you have received an email from BlackBerry Customer Service indicating that your order will be shipped starting October 29. Unfortunately, by the 4th of October, we had moved into backorder. The lack of follow up information is due to the fact that I have been trying to get clear dates on inventory delivery to provide to customers. It was only today that I got the 29th as the date for shipping.

Regarding your comment that others are getting their phones before you do, please send me your order number so I can determine what the problem was that led to your order becoming a backorder.
    Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    kazakoshi likes this.
    10-10-14 08:18 PM
    Cool story Bro

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:20 PM
    Hi CB peeps, I just got this email and would like to share it with you guys. Hopefully this will ahead some light on why there were BO's:

I ordered on Friday the 3rd and received a backorder email the following day.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:26 PM
    Lol still doesn't help in any way unless he expedites your order

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-10-14 08:32 PM
    I ordered on Friday the 3rd and received a backorder email the following day.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered 10/3 got back order email on 10/3
    10-10-14 08:32 PM
    Can you update us(me) with reason you get for why some got their's before you.. If you like to share my order number pm me ... Thanks
    10-10-14 08:34 PM
    Interesting, at least BlackBerry (and maybe even Chen) is aware of how bad the situation was handled by DR. It also seems that BlackBerry has been less than clear about their inventory status with both DR and Amazon. It's pretty bizarre for a company that's been selling devices into mass market channels for over a decade. Although I would love to, I cannot believe this is all due to some miraculously super high demand for the Passport. I mean, there is a higher level than expected, but could it be that large that it single-handedly broke down their inventory management?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:40 PM
    Can you update us(me) with reason you get for why some got their's before you.. If you like to share my order number pm me ... Thanks
    Sure will do. I will let you know once I get a response beach from her.

blkitr likes this.
    10-10-14 08:57 PM
    Can you please be a doll and PM his email? I have a bone to pick with him.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-10-14 09:04 PM
    Is there any way you could DM me with the email address of this Director please? I ordered on 24/09 and am still on back order (UK). There seem to be plenty of people who have had their delivery since then, and emailing or calling DR is an epic waste of time. They are to Customer Service, what the Boston Strangler was to door to door salesmen.
    10-10-14 11:40 PM
    10-10-14 11:55 PM