The suggestions here seem more heavily weighted towards the passport, but I suspect that if you had posed this question on the Classic forum the advice might be more heavily weighted the other way.

The best way to decide is to define what you need the phone for.

Will you be running a lot of games or android aps? Will you be reading a lot of pdfs or doing a lot of web surfing? Then the passport will likely be the better choice.

Are you more interested in the smaller (more easily portable) form factor?
    Do you need to be able to type one handed? Is price an issue? Then the classic might be right for you.

The good news is that they are both such good choices it is hard to go wrong. It is more of a matter of finding the very best fit for your needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:48 PM
    I have both and planned to return one. I even posted on another thread that I made my decision to stick with the Passport and return the Classic. However I have till Saturday. With that said I seem to go back to the Classic. But the screen and fastness of the Passport is something else. They are both awesome phones that no matter what you decide to do you will be happy.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:59 PM
    This weekend I am upgrading my Q10 for a passport or Classic. Two pretty different phones. Which one do I choose?

Let me know your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I think it would be more helpful if you said why you're switching and what you use your phone for (which apps, etc.).

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-29-15 08:16 PM
    Considering the classic is priced a bit high I would suggest you to get the passport. Passport is worth the money ...

Posted via CB10
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 09:54 PM
    No dilemma, Passport!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:27 PM
    Well I am not sure what are your needs but I have never owned a BlackBerry device until I bought the Passport.

So before Passport I've used iPhone 6+ and Sony Xperia Z3 they both are good phones yes but they were too generic, so I have decided to try out BlackBerry device even though I have never owned one before I took the bullet so if I like it I will keep it, if not I will return it back to Amazon. Anyhow since you are coming from Q10 which is similar to the Classic so it's all about you if you want a device that is smaller and more compact or if you want something bigger and more powerful, if you are undeciced you should buy both phones from Amazon since they have good return policy try it out for 15 days and keep the phone that you like. As for me I prefer specs of the passport and since I have huge hands I have no problem holding and using passport.
    So Since I got used to bigger screen I went with the Passport
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-29-15 10:43 PM
    The suggestions here seem more heavily weighted towards the passport, but I suspect that if you had posed this question on the Classic forum the advice might be more heavily weighted the other way.

The best way to decide is to define what you need the phone for.

Will you be running a lot of games or android aps? Will you be reading a lot of pdfs or doing a lot of web surfing? Then the passport will likely be the better choice.

Are you more interested in the smaller (more easily portable) form factor?
    Do you need to be able to type one handed? Is price an issue? Then the classic might be right for you.

The good news is that they are both such good choices it is hard to go wrong. It is more of a matter of finding the very best fit for your needs.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks and you are probably right :-) I tend to got towards the passport. Because of specs. I really love to experiment.
    The OS I love, now the choice of the handset. Probably passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:18 AM
    Passport

A Happy Passport User....
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-30-15 01:20 AM
    I think it would be more helpful if you said why you're switching and what you use your phone for (which apps, etc.).

Posted via CB10
    I mean to use my Q10 for work. Email option and call quality are super. Have an iphone for work now but it's just not good enough for me.
    Daily privat phone I want something nice. Passport is probably the one. Bigger screen. Some video watching (the ought BlackBerry review :-))

Made my choice. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:22 AM
    I had the same dilemma as you and of course I can't speak for the Classic since I have never even seen it in real life but the thing that appealed to me about it was that the keyboard is supposed to be better than the Passport.

Honestly, I think the Passport has room for improvement. However, I am quite happy with it. The reason I ended up choosing the Passport was because coming from a Galaxy Note 3, I knew that the Classic screen size would be too big (or small in this case) of an adjustment for me to make. Also, I didn't like the idea of using a phone with specs that are identical to a 1 year old phone.

I'm happy with the Passport and I think you will be too.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 04:23 AM
    Thanks all!

Just ordered a passport. Very excited to see. Will arrive tomorrow hopefully.

Appreciate all the advise.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-30-15 08:14 AM
    Depend on what you do most. If you do a lot of typing, classic has a better layout for keyboard. But if you do surfing more, then passport might be a better choice.

You might say keyboard can type as fast but it misses the most important thing, the toolbelt.

Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    tagumcity and Onno77 like this.
    01-30-15 08:30 AM
    I agree with the last. I got a passport yesterday. My other phones are a Note 3 and a 9900. The keyboard took me a few minutes to get used to (mainly the location of the space bar, but also figuring out how to best hold it in my hands while typing). The specs and screen are very nice. Good experience. I used to think the toolbar was a necessity but after so long away from blackberry, it isn't.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Onno77 likes this.
    01-30-15 08:34 AM
    I used to think the toolbar was a necessity but after so long away from blackberry, it isn't.
    I jumped straight from a Bold 9900 to a Passport an don't miss the Toolbelt at all which really surprised me.
    01-30-15 08:49 AM
    I'd say passport. I was honestly on the verge of returning it hours after I got it because it's truly a different experience. I'd say get it on amazon, give it at least 10 days, and if it doesn't meet your needs you can return it free of charge. It's truly the best phone I've ever owned and I've probably had over 50 phones including samsung galaxy note 2,3 and pretty much every iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I echo that. I recently had the Note 2 and 3 and got a passport yesterday. I have had all of the blackberries as spare phones and main phones at different times, but when I received the q10 I got disgusted and sold it, returning to the 9900 as my spare. I have a thread here somewhere about my pre purchase concerns and what happened when I got it yesterday. I've tried apple and everything else. I ultimately thought the Note series was all I would ever want and lots of colleagues have bought them based on my experience. I've had dozens of phones for myself and employees and family and probably sparked the purchase of dozens more. Passport is the best by far, so far.

Adjustment to the passport keyboard requires two things: figuring out how to hold it while typing, and training yourself to the location of the space bar. Not having the toolbar doesn't matter with the latest OS version. Maybe I am just fortunate to be coming from Android and not having used my 9900 much, but the toolbar seems to be a throwback for seniors, to my eyes. And I'm close to being a senior! And finding the question mark, etc. is not an issue; everything is up when you need it. Flicking word choices makes the Passport keyboard far superior to the Classic and previous versions. The screen is amazing. Once the keys loosen up I am actually going to enjoy typing again.

Yes, I'm typing this on my Note 3 but only because I am going my Passport its first full charge. I am one day into my Passport experience and, to be honest, a skeptical purchaser, but my skepticism is already gone. The negative reviews on the passport are by tech nerds who don't work for a living.

Really, unless you just want a tiny upgrade from a Q10, the Passport is the way to go. If it had a replaceable battery I'd be happier but based on what I have read, I'm going to forget about that, too.

Do yourself a favor and get a case when you order it.

01-30-15 08:53 AM
    I echo that. I recently had the Note 2 and 3 and got a passport yesterday. I have had all of the blackberries as spare phones and main phones at different times, but when I received the q10 I got disgusted and sold it, returning to the 9900 as my spare. I have a thread here somewhere about my pre purchase concerns and what happened when I got it yesterday. I've tried apple and everything else. I ultimately thought the Note series was all I would ever want and lots of colleagues have bought them based on my experience. I've had dozens of phones for myself and employees and family and probably sparked the purchase of dozens more. Passport is the best by far, so far.

Adjustment to the passport keyboard requires two things: figuring out how to hold it while typing, and training yourself to the location of the space bar. Not having the toolbar doesn't matter with the latest OS version. Maybe I am just fortunate to be coming from Android and not having used my 9900 much, but the toolbar seems to be a throwback for seniors, to my eyes. And I'm close to being a senior! And finding the question mark, etc. is not an issue; everything is up when you need it. Flicking word choices makes the Passport keyboard far superior to the Classic and previous versions. The screen is amazing. Once the keys loosen up I am actually going to enjoy typing again.

Yes, I'm typing this on my Note 3 but only because I am going my Passport its first full charge. I am one day into my Passport experience and, to be honest, a skeptical purchaser, but my skepticism is already gone. The negative reviews on the passport are by tech nerds who don't work for a living.

Really, unless you just want a tiny upgrade from a Q10, the Passport is the way to go. If it had a replaceable battery I'd be happier but based on what I have read, I'm going to forget about that, too.

Do yourself a favor and get a case when you order it.

Ordered it and a case. Thanks.
    Great reed.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 09:29 AM
    From Q10 it's a no-brainer to move to the Passport - I'd only recommend a Classic to someone upgrading from a 9xxx.

I've just moved from Q10 to Passport and don't regret it one bit - what was incredible for me, was how quickly I got used to the size of the Passport and then how I thought how ludicrously small my old Q10 is (which I had happily used for c. 18 months)

Good luck!
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-01-15 at 12:41 PM.
    01-30-15 06:53 PM
    I've used both. For you Classic will not be a big jump. I actually liked the trackpad and ability to use the tool belt and Alt/Shift keys directly.
    However after using mine, I decided to buy Passport the second time and loved the decision. Not only I got used to it after a few days but also the performance on Classic gets laggy at times.

At the end of the day, if size isn't an issue then Passport by all means is the best spec phone BlackBerry has to offer. If Classic had Passport internals, I would have got it instead. Unfortunately there are times, you think why Classic didn't have the latest CPU.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:15 PM
    This weekend I am upgrading my Q10 for a passport or Classic. Two pretty different phones. Which one do I choose?

Let me know your opinion.
    The one that best meets your needs....
    01-30-15 08:33 PM
    Really depends on your budget and whether you are comfortable with having a giant phone. The passport is by far the better performer because of its specs are much better than the classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:03 PM
    For my big hands/fingers the larger keyboard is the only way.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:31 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    01-31-15 07:41 PM
    Go into a store and put them side by side. I just don't know how you can choose a Classic after that.
    01-31-15 10:13 PM
    I just got my passport yesterday and I'm already used to the keyboard. Love it!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:31 PM
    I have both, I'm trying to love the passport but still after 3 weeks I miss the classic keyboard. But every time I go back to it I miss the passport screen and speed. Maybe their next device will be a mix of the two.

Posted via CB10
    Hulk123 likes this.
    02-01-15 01:48 AM
71 123