Hey everyone,

I love my blackberry passport and its been a great year for the device, but now it looks like it reached the end of its life. I have 2 big, ever-expanding white spots on my screen and the display is lifting/coming off severely in the top right corner.

I have the ability to purchase an extended warranty (13$/mo or about 250$ total) for a 1 year term. It will give me 2 replacements for free if the problem is a manufacturing defect, and 1 replacement if the phone is lost/stolen/damaged. The latter requires a 150$ deductible to be paid.

I am heavily debating if this price tag is worth it for a phone that is already a year and a half old, and likely will not have any more support or OS updates. I'm not a big fan of android or iOS at all, bb10 is just amazing. I would really be interested in the Vienna, but who knows IF and WHEN that will ever be released.

So Crackberry, what would you do in this situation? Get the extended warranty, or wait for the PP to die and move on to something new?
    12-10-15 03:58 PM
    Vienna will most likely be Android no? I would just get another passport. Perhaps an SE.
    12-10-15 05:22 PM
    Pay the $13, and then get a new phone as a manufacturing defect due to the screen lifting off. Much cheaper than buying a new phone out of pocket.

When the Vienna comes out, then you can sell your Passport or keep it for the memories.
    12-10-15 07:04 PM
    Considering that BlackBerry is still providing support for much older phones, I say get an an SE. My Z30 still functions very smoothly. My SE is beyond words amazing. I don't think you are risking much by getting another Passport.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    12-10-15 07:09 PM