03-14-15 02:09 PM
29 12
tools
    Does anybody know if all phones shipping out of Plainfield Returns Center are previously owned and returned? Reason I ask is that address is on my ship box. The second I opened the box I noticed the tab at the top of the phone that usually sticks out was squished between the phone and box making it hard to get the phone out of the box(since I couldn't pull on the tab). I was also missing the plastic removable plastic strips on the top and bottom of the phone. I remember my USB cable being sloppily folded with the black twist tie as well. Upon further inspection of the phone I noticed lots of thin strips of light bleed around most keys and a bit to the side of the keyboard. Is it normal to get some light bleed looking straight on(about 1ft away)? There is lots more looking at the keyboard from a small angle. All of this but only 1 set of stickers on the box which seemed untouched. Can returned phones be reboxed? Just got the phone yesterday with build date near the end of December(red passport). I would have expected a build date a little later. Am I just looking into this too much? Yay or nay to returning it?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:41 PM
    Is everything working fine? If so, you care too much. lol
    02-18-15 02:10 PM
    Haha well so far so good. I think it's the fact somebody else had their paws on this first and returned it for a reason. Plus the fact I paid for a new phone and not a refurbished one.... I feel taken advantage of...... I'm sensitive..... lol

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-18-15 02:18 PM
    Is everything working fine? If so, you care too much. lol
    Oh it was your unboxing video that made me realize the "plasticky" pieces were missing. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:20 PM
    Haha well so far so good. I think it's the fact somebody else had their paws on this first and returned it for a reason. Plus the fact I paid for a new phone and not a refurbished one.... I feel taken advantage of...... I'm sensitive..... lol

Posted via CB10
    Would a reach around make you feel better....
    02-18-15 02:43 PM
    Would a reach around make you feel better....

lol
    02-18-15 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know how ya feel but honestly, from some of the customer service stories I've read, I'm not so sure it's even worth the hassle of a return if everything is working as it should. You might come out of it worse off.
    nbaliga likes this.
    02-18-15 03:17 PM
    If it's working property be happy.

One of my buttons is messed up and I have to send it back. Since the new one on the way is probably from the returns center who knows if I will get another lemon.

I should have trusted my gut and not ordered from DR.should have just play d more money and bought from TELUS.... Instead of getting used phones that don't work properly.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-18-15 03:40 PM
    Yup helps to do do a search and investigate a company before ordering from them! Especially DR!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 03:56 PM
    I know how ya feel but honestly, from some of the customer service stories I've read, I'm not so sure it's even worth the hassle of a return if everything is working as it should. You might come out of it worse off.
    I believe you are right... I have been reading quite a bit about people trying to process returns, getting refunds, receiving returns as replacements, etc... and it seems like it may cost me in the end plus I would probably get another used one possibly with issues......
    02-18-15 04:19 PM
    Yup helps to do do a search and investigate a company before ordering from them! Especially DR!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    I have dealt with them before and had no issues... I expected the same this time....
    02-18-15 04:20 PM
    good luck with that
    02-18-15 04:43 PM
    Ok I think I need a life..... lol
    Glad you said and not someone else...
    02-18-15 05:20 PM
    send it back Stomps,why not? light bleed is not normal,you paid for a new phone,you should get what you paid for,just gotta do the danse and be patient,I'm sensitive also and I know everyday it would stress me,send it Back!!!
    02-18-15 05:31 PM
    This is true, but it is also pathetic that this is true. He should not have this situation hanging over him in first place.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:38 PM
    send it back Stomps,why not? light bleed is not normal,you paid for a new phone,you should get what you paid for,just gotta do the danse and be patient,I'm sensitive also and I know everyday it would stress me,send it Back!!!
    Im really undecided what to do... The phone actually works good and like Blaize said I would be taking the chance of getting one with more serious issues and being worse off.. Im not sure if they would cover shipping or not either....
    02-18-15 05:38 PM
    Im really undecided what to do... The phone actually works good and like Blaize said I would be taking the chance of getting one with more serious issues and being worse off.. Im not sure if they would cover shipping or not either....
    I'd keep it... You'll be on the phone for at least an hour and it will be a difficult call.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-18-15 05:43 PM
    they cover shipping ,you have 30 days,I'd ask for a complete refund,Bleeding light now and falling apart tomorrow.LEMON I am expecting a replacement phone on Friday and it took about a week to get to this stage in the process,steady as she goes,but it's happening,lol
    02-18-15 06:00 PM
    Sounds like you're questioning your order. If you're not completely satisfied, send it back and order instead from Amazon. I didn't have a great experience with Digital River getting my Z30. Looks like my next BlackBerry will be via Amazon and lots of satisfied customers from them.

DR doesn't stand "done right"... DR - Don't Reply / don't rely on us, don't really care. Is what actually seems to happen. Best of luck.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-18-15 06:07 PM
    Aside from the light bleed, I mean if that really bothers you a lot send it back, I really wouldn't let it bother you. I mean really, think about it, someone might have had the phone out of it's box before you did but that really means nothing to the function or condition of the device. All you're really concerned about is getting that new car smell, but in reality new cars have been driven before even if just a little and that smell comes out of a can. By the time you use it for a few days and you and everyone you show it to gets there fingerprints on it it will really make no difference if someone else's fingerprints have been on it before. This is aside from the fact that the device might have a slight defect, the light bleed.

You get what I'm saying... in the long run it really makes absolutely no difference. I know people like to say "you paid for it to be new it better be new," but it's not going to be new anymore once you start using it so what difference does it really make. You're just stressing yourself and creating a hassle for yourself over spilled milk.

But, I digress, maybe I'm disgruntled. I have a hobby where you hear this all the time and the reality is it looks used because it was tested at the factory and if it was in fact used it makes absolutely no difference.
    02-18-15 06:12 PM
    they cover shipping ,you have 30 days,I'd ask for a complete refund,Bleeding light now and falling apart tomorrow.LEMON I am expecting a replacement phone on Friday and it took about a week to get to this stage in the process,steady as she goes,but it's happening,lol
    Did you have to send your original phone in first or do you pay for another and they refund you when they get your defective one back after you receive the new one?(so you aren't stuck without a phone)
    02-18-15 06:13 PM
    Does anybody know if all phones shipping out of Plainfield Returns Center are previously owned and returned? Reason I ask is that address is on my ship box. The second I opened the box I noticed the tab at the top of the phone that usually sticks out was squished between the phone and box making it hard to get the phone out of the box(since I couldn't pull on the tab). I was also missing the plastic removable plastic strips on the top and bottom of the phone. I remember my USB cable being sloppily folded with the black twist tie as well. Upon further inspection of the phone I noticed lots of thin strips of light bleed around most keys and a bit to the side of the keyboard. Is it normal to get some light bleed looking straight on(about 1ft away)? There is lots more looking at the keyboard from a small angle. All of this but only 1 set of stickers on the box which seemed untouched. Can returned phones be reboxed? Just got the phone yesterday with build date near the end of December(red passport). I would have expected a build date a little later. Am I just looking into this too much? Yay or nay to returning it?

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the NSA could use a little more care when they repackage the phones of those under surveillance...
    02-18-15 06:14 PM
    Aside from the light bleed, I mean if that really bothers you a lot send it back, I really wouldn't let it bother you. I mean really, think about it, someone might have had the phone out of it's box before you did but that really means nothing to the function or condition of the device. All you're really concerned about is getting that new car smell, but in reality new cars have been driven before even if just a little and that smell comes out of a can. By the time you use it for a few days and you and everyone you show it to gets there fingerprints on it it will really make no difference if someone else's fingerprints have been on it before. This is aside from the fact that the device might have a slight defect, the light bleed.

You get what I'm saying... in the long run it really makes absolutely no difference. I know people like to say "you paid for it to be new it better be new," but it's not going to be new anymore once you start using it so what difference does it really make. You're just stressing yourself and creating a hassle for yourself over spilled milk.

But, I digress, maybe I'm disgruntled. I have a hobby where you hear this all the time and the reality is it looks used because it was tested at the factory and if it was in fact used it makes absolutely no difference.
    I totally know what you are saying.... I guess now Im looking for problems with it knowing(thinking) it was returned. Ill always be wondering why it was returned... The light bleed could be one reason but who knows... It literally just rebooted while sitting in front of me a few minutes ago.. Maybe it reboots often.... I guess Ill always be watching for something now and if something does end up being a problem after 30 days Ill be kicking myself for not exchanging it knowing right from the get go there was a 50/50 chance there was a problem with it..... Best case scenario it was never even used.... but because of the sloppy packaging I can only assume it was and it was returned for a reason...
    02-18-15 06:31 PM
    I totally know what you are saying.... I guess now Im looking for problems with it knowing(thinking) it was returned. Ill always be wondering why it was returned... The light bleed could be one reason but who knows... It literally just rebooted while sitting in front of me a few minutes ago.. Maybe it reboots often.... I guess Ill always be watching for something now and if something does end up being a problem after 30 days Ill be kicking myself for not exchanging it knowing right from the get go there was a 50/50 chance there was a problem with it..... Best case scenario it was never even used.... but because of the sloppy packaging I can only assume it was and it was returned for a reason...
    Honestly, if you really think it is defective, return it. It is very well possible someone had it, it was defective, and they returned it without informing DR that it was defective. If that happened I could think of a few choice words for someone who would do that. Just don't let the fact, in itself, that it might have been opened already bother you.
    02-18-15 06:44 PM
    I ordered on Feb 23, and received Black PP today. Like you, mine is also dirty around two sides of the frame. There are obviously two long scratches on the Back cover. Kind weird. Box says software version is 10.3.0.1053, but inside the phone the version is 10.3.0.738. It indicated the build date was 18/11/14. The batter full charge indicates only 9 hours duration.

The package box sender address is 2675 Reeves Rd #190, Plainfield, IN 46168. When I searched this address. It said it's a DR return center, and also it's a Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile return centers.

I don't know whether the PP I received is BRAND NEW or Refurbished or returned USED one. Who can say something clear?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:06 PM
29 12