A friend of mine order his on Oct 6 and did not receive a response to when his Passport would be shipped. He emailed DR yesterday and this was the email response he just received an hour ago.

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We understand that you were not provided with the shipping status of
    your order.

We would like to confirm for you that Blackberry will start shipping
    BlackBerry Passport orders by October 29, 2014. You will be receiving a
    shipping notification email once the product ships out. If you cannot
    locate the email soon in your inbox, please check your spam and junk
    mail folders.

We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
    XXX
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]"

So its essentially 23 day wait, although they charged his credit card and more importantly there is no guarantee that it will ship on October 29.
    10-10-14 05:25 PM
    hmmm , good news, bad mews,

the good ... demand is outstripping supply, should be good for BB
    the bad .... still waiting

btw , not sure why DR is to blame, they are the agent for BB and the can't send out what BB doesn't give them
    & the email is from BB Customer service

my guess is BB had pre-existing commitments around the world and all of these have also been added to, some orders might have had minimums that were bumped up, eg a supply chain filler commited to take 50,000, now wants 150,000.

the language in the note is a bit odd ,
    does it mean ship them all on Oct 29 .... clearly not possible,
    have the order shipped by Oct 29 ( which implies Oct 29 at the latest) ,
    or start shipping Oct 29 (bad)

hoping it means they expect to have caught up on exisiting orders by Oct 29, not like they would sit on orders and send them all out at once.
    how many could that be? take 3-1/2 weeks to catch up on about 2 days of orders. Crazy!

signed "still confused in Ottawa"
    aha likes this.
    10-10-14 05:32 PM
    You we whining because you didn't hear anything. now you are whining about getting information i an email.

Go away!
    You do recognize, don't you, that the whiners on this thread want the Passport and were willing to pay extra to get it? That they already have received misleading and/or unresponsive emails on their orders? And that the text of the latest email, if reports are accurate, says that, "We would like to confirm for you that Blackberry will start shipping BlackBerry Passport orders by October 29, 2014." If "start" is interpreted anything like the way "in stock" has been, that may mean that I'm as likely to get my Passport as someone was to get a gold-wrapped Wonka bar. During the the same time that whiners-with-confirmed-"in-stock"-purchases-of-Passports were getting the runaround, there have been numerous announcements that Passports were becoming available elsewhere all over the bloody world. So the devices exist in some numbers. It may have been Blackberry's intention to have the Passport roll out in certain quantities in certain places on certain dates. But once they took my money, to my mind, I had and have a better right to one among the admittedly limited supply than putative countless others in some other place tomorrow, next week or next month. That was the deal Blackberry offered and I accepted and closed on. Is it whining to insist they deliver?
    nomi1978 likes this.
    10-10-14 05:44 PM
    You do recognize, don't you, that the whiners on this thread want the Passport and were willing to pay extra to get it? That they already have received misleading and/or unresponsive emails on their orders? And that the text of the latest email, if reports are accurate, says that, "We would like to confirm for you that Blackberry will start shipping BlackBerry Passport orders by October 29, 2014." If "start" is interpreted anything like the way "in stock" has been, that may mean that I'm as likely to get my Passport as someone was to get a gold-wrapped Wonka bar. During the the same time that whiners-with-confirmed-"in-stock"-purchases-of-Passports were getting the runaround, there have been numerous announcements that Passports were becoming available elsewhere all over the bloody world. So the devices exist in some numbers. It may have been Blackberry's intention to have the Passport roll out in certain quantities in certain places on certain dates. But once they took my money, to my mind, I had and have a better right to one among the admittedly limited supply than putative countless others in some other place tomorrow, next week or next month. That was the deal Blackberry offered and I accepted and closed on. Is it whining to insist they deliver?
    Pay extra? Without the coupon, the Passport was already marked $100 less for U.S. sales. With the coupon, it's another 25% off. There are numerous outlets that are pricing higher, like Expansys. I was in the middle of traveling when the coupon went out and I would have jumped on the 25% off, even though I already have a Z10 and Q10, more than enough for one person. For the discount, I would be willing to wait. Anyone buying one at $450 willing to give up their Passport at that price for paying $800+ for one right now? 'cause I am willing to guarantee that I'll take it off your hands for $450 so that you can buy one for $800+ right now.

As for the Passport roll out, BlackBerry has been criticized for not doing a global release. When BlackBerry said they would announce the Passport in London, Toronto and Dubai, a lot of people bemoaned not being able to buy them in the U.S. or wherever they happen to be. Well, BlackBerry heard you. They allocated stock for all over the world. You got what you asked for, quicker availability. Unfortunately, a lot of people also said they didn't want one and now, do. Also, there's the huge Z10 write-off that still in BlackBerry's memory.

If you're in the U.S., Digital River has 30 days to fulfill your order once they've taken the money. If you paid with a CC, they usually only charge once they're ready to ship. If you paid by PayPal, it's PayPal that's charged your CC to have the funds available.
    10-10-14 06:18 PM
    You do recognize, don't you, that the whiners on this thread want the Passport and were willing to pay extra to get it?
    If they are truly willing to pay extra like you say than they can order it from Amazon. They have a couple of resellers on there ready and willing to make a healthy profit off them..
    10-10-14 06:18 PM
    well i got charged and i have no phone. i ordered a week ago. no shipping info. nothing.

(vip)
    10-10-14 06:32 PM
    well i got charged and i have no phone. i ordered a week ago. no shipping info. nothing.

(vip)
    My guess is that the VIP units are left overs from the launch events and given how poorly Digital River handles inventory, they probably oversold and are in a scramble as to how to re-make them or deliver something similar. They're probably better off returning your money and canceling the order so that you can have peace of mind that you're not going to get one, right? Or would you be willing to wait for them to re-make or deliver something similar? I know it's the crappy communication that's at issue, but given a choice, which would you choose?
    10-10-14 07:01 PM
    I suppose "if you want it so badly, pay even more extra" is as good a sales tactic as "go away". This sort of counter-intuitive some "must be sort of strategy thing" approach to customers works for sellers in an unassailable dominant market position. From my perspective, it is disappointing, particularly coming from the "new" Blackberry that supposed to be focused on winning back relevance. Blackberry may have bad inventory memory about the Z10, but why punish me for it? I bought Z10's. And Q10's. And Z30's, to say nothing of models stretching all the way back to the original color series. Trackwheel! I would like, now, to buy a Passport. I have. But I don't have it. Blackberry asked me to sign up for early notice of availability. Blackberry launched the Passport in the US off-contract. I bought it, now they should do their part and not hide behind boilerplate disclaimers and qualifiers from their partners and vendors.
    10-10-14 07:05 PM
    You have a f'ing problem dude? Said bs email. Too late. And still doesn't solve the problem from the get go. So. Back the hell up.

Posted via CB10
    You're the one with the problems!

I have 2 phone on order. When they get here, they get here.

I am not filling a diaper whining any crying like you are throughout the threads.
    10-10-14 07:28 PM
    Despite Digital River still not being able to confirm whether my order still exists or not, they sent me this email a couple of hours ago:

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We show that your order is complete, and it will be shipping soon. You
    will receive a separate shipping notification email when your order
    ships."

Still very vague but seems to hint that shipping is imminent.

About 30 minutes ago I got the BlackBerry email suggesting 29th October. I'll believe it when I see it, I'm fed up with fighting even for the most basic information.

If anyone else got the above email let us know how long it took between getting it and getting a shipping date. TIA
    I got the above email Oct 5th after inquiring into my order (I ordered Oct 3rd). Today I received this:

Digital River debacle thread v.post your order Passport status-passport-email.png
    10-10-14 07:58 PM
    I got the above email Oct 5th after inquiring into my order (I ordered Oct 3rd). Today I received this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport email.png 
Views:	983 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	305001
    Same two emails I've had. The first one suggests it's ready to ship. I have no idea what's going on!

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    10-10-14 08:55 PM
    If they are truly willing to pay extra like you say than they can order it from Amazon. They have a couple of resellers on there ready and willing to make a healthy profit off them..
    Or Expansys as well.
    blkitr likes this.
    10-11-14 06:59 AM
    You're the one with the problems!

I have 2 phone on order. When they get here, they get here.

I am not filling a diaper whining any crying like you are throughout the threads.
    Hahah this clown. No whining. Simply stating facts. If you don't see a problem with all this junk, I dunno what to tell ya. Good luck waiting and being ok with it all. I'll obviously wait it out myself unless I can get them to cancel the order.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:17 AM
    Anyway, it sucks to wait but certain instant gratification people in this thread need to grow up. The wait will develop discipline and character. It will be well worth it.