The problem was you shouldn't have been able to order on the US site and have delivery to Canada. Probably messes up their logistics. You probably have no reason to complain if you were trying to do something their system can't do.

When the PlayBook went on sale lots of people tried ordering on the US site and having it shipped elsewhere ( usually not Canada, but everywhere else in the world) and I don't think any of them succeeded.
    Just an FYI, I ordered from the Canadian site but my confirmation and back order emails came from the US. I was a bit concerned by this but my order and invoice on findmyorder.com shows as Canadian.
    10-10-14 01:11 PM
    1. Model Ordered (non-vip or vip)?
    2.15% Coupon applied?
    3. Was your card charged or charge pending? and at what date?
    4. What time did you ordered?
    5. Did you receive a confirmation E-mail? and at what time?
    6. Did you receive a shipping E-mail? and at what time?
    7.Did you receive a backorder E-mail?
    8. Did you receive your device?

1. Non-VIP
    2. No
    3. Yes. Full price, as of 10/3/14
    4.Fri 10/3/2014 5:30 PM (EST)
    5.Yes. Fri 10/3/2014 5:32 PM (EST)
    6. Yes. Sat 10/4/2014 6:41 PM (EST)
    7. Yes. Sat 10/4/2014 7:52 PM (EST)
    8. Are you kidding me? You think I should be entitled to actually receive what I pay for? What do you want, egg in your beer? No. No Passport for me.
    10-10-14 01:48 PM
    1. Non-VIP Canada
    2.15% Coupon applied? - YES
    3. Was your card charged or charge pending? and at what date? - Not charged
    4. What time did you ordered? - 7:48pm Friday, October 3
    5. Did you receive a confirmation E-mail? and at what time? 7:48pm Friday, October 3
    6. Did you receive a shipping E-mail? and at what time? 10:40pm Friday, October 3
    7.Did you receive a backorder E-mail? 11:39pm Friday, October 3
    8. Did you receive your device? No
    10-10-14 02:07 PM
    Just got off the phone from Digital River/shopblackberry. Basically they have no information about when my device will ship and I'll be updated when they do know.
    10-10-14 02:14 PM
    1. NON-VIP (Model Ordered (non-vip or vip)?)
    2. NO (15% Coupon applied?)
    3. Charged 10/3 (Was your card charged or charge pending? and at what date?)
    4. Ordered 10/3 @ 2:21 PST (What time did you order?)
    5. YES 10/3 @ 2:21 PM PST (Did you receive a confirmation E-mail? and at what time?)
    6. NO - (Did you receive a shipping E-mail? and at what time?)
    7. YES - 10/3 @ 8:38 PM PST (Did you receive a backorder E-mail?)
    8. NO - NOT A CHANCE! (Did you receive your device?)
    WHY ARE PEOPLE THAT ORDERED AFTER ME GETTING THEIR ORDERS SHIPPED (AND EVEN RECEIVED) BEFORE ME??? THIS IS APPAULING - I already lodged a complaint with the better business bureau - doubtful it'll solve my problem, but hopefully if enough of us complain, we can GET THESE CROOKS SHUT DOWN/FINED/PUNISHED.
    The problem was you shouldn't have been able to order on the US site and have delivery to Canada. Probably messes up their logistics. You probably have no reason to complain if you were trying to do something their system can't do.

When the PlayBook went on sale lots of people tried ordering on the US site and having it shipped elsewhere ( usually not Canada, but everywhere else in the world) and I don't think any of them succeeded.
    Actually I was ordering from the US site and wanted shipped to the US. I was going to be in a state with no sales tax so I thought I would save myself some $$. The total US total was 460. Once I hit the complete order button it switched the shipping address to Canada and charged me extra shipping and total went to 530 US. Wouldn't let me cancel, couldn't place another order. In hindsight trying to save some bucks screwed me over. Should have just ordered from the Canadian site and I might have had my Passport already.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you needed to have ordered within half and hour or so from when the 25% coupon code was posted in this forum to get a Passport from the in stock Passports. My order was submitted at 6:35pm EST and confirmed at 7:05pm EST, Friday October 4th. It arrived on Thursday, October 9.
    you are wrong. I ordered before you (10/3 @ 2:21pm PST) and all I got is a headache and a fraudulent CC charge.
    10-10-14 02:16 PM
    Still shows "Boxed Shipment"...charge has vanished from my credit card statement. Interesting to see how this all plays out.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:41 PM
    I have now gone to the Blackberry Support forums. TyW, The Community Manager has gotten this escalated to the top guy at DR.
    Go to Blackberry site Community Blackberry Passport Forums "ShopBlackberry online shop very disappointed" thread..

Edited: to delete the url due to Crackberry regulations.
    Any luck with TyW getting this mess straightened out?
    10-10-14 03:05 PM
    Any luck with TyW getting this mess straightened out?
    It was just posted yesterday. Please check out the thread mentioned. Sorry I don't have an answer for you right now. We are all waiting
    spike12 likes this.
    10-10-14 03:09 PM
    1. VIP (US Store)
    2. Yes (25% discount)
    3. Yes. Pending from 10/4 - 10/6. Charged on 10/6.
    4. Ordered at 1:35am PST on 10/4/2014
    5. Yes.
    a. Email (Order Submitted) at 1:41am PST on 10/4/14
    b. Email (Order Confirmation) at 6:33am PST on 10/4/14
    6. No
    7. No.
    8. No.

Looking forward to someone posting that they have received their discounted VIP order...
    Until then, I'll be waiting over here:
    Discounted VIP Passport Waiting Lounge - Page 5 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Lets make one thread for us CB users that ordered a passport from digital river.
    This way we can get an idea and zero into whats really going on.

1. Model Ordered (non-vip or vip)?
    2.15% Coupon applied?
    3. Was your card charged or charge pending? and at what date?
    4. What time did you ordered?
    5. Did you receive a confirmation E-mail? and at what time?
    6. Did you receive a shipping E-mail? and at what time?
    7.Did you receive a backorder E-mail?
    8. Did you receive your device?

1. VIP
    2. No
    3. Charged on 10/7/2014
    4.Ordered on 10/4/10 ---- 9:48PM
    5.Yes 10/5/14 --- 8:35PM
    6. No
    7. No.
    8. No

--------------
    I will tally up the results each day for easy viewing.
    10-10-14 03:31 PM
    VIP 1. Model Ordered (non-vip or vip)?
    25% 2.15% Coupon applied?
    Charged ~$593 CDN inclusive of taxes and delivery to Toronto, 10/04/2014 3. Was your card charged or charge pending? and at what date?
    October 3rd 9:15 PM 4. What time did you ordered?
    October 4th 11:24 AM 5. Did you receive a confirmation E-mail? and at what time?
    NO 6. Did you receive a shipping E-mail? and at what time?
    NO 7.Did you receive a backorder E-mail?
    NO 8. Did you receive your device?

I called to ask about a tracking number and they ASSURED me that I'd get a tracking number AS SOON AS IT SHIPPED, which I think is a lie and I expect I will get a shipping confirmation email with tracking number the same day or just one day before it is delivered, which makes it impossible to plan : I am returning my Amazon order because it was no less than $200 more expensive but I'm not returning the Amazon order until I get a shipping confirmation for this order, so the lack of logistical certainty is inconvenient.
    10-10-14 03:32 PM
    So I just saw the reply on the BlackBerry support forums..i will just show the picture here for your viewing:

Digital River debacle thread v.post your order Passport status-img_20141010_165455_edit.png
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...p/2994624#M663

So it looks like we will all get an email later on today from BlackBerry and orders should be fulfilled by the end of this month.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-10-14 03:55 PM
    So I just saw the reply on the BlackBerry support forums..i will just show the picture here for your viewing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_165455_edit.png 
Views:	749 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	304932

So it looks like we will all get an email later on today from BlackBerry and orders should be fulfilled by the end of this month.

Hopefully. This whole situation is a pain.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 03:58 PM
    People are reporting that they have started to receive emails
    10-10-14 04:26 PM
    Yes, BS emails.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:27 PM
    I've had two emails both telling different stories.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    10-10-14 04:35 PM
    I've had two emails both telling different stories.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    What did the other email say?

10-10-14 04:38 PM
    What did the other email say?

Despite Digital River still not being able to confirm whether my order still exists or not, they sent me this email a couple of hours ago:

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We show that your order is complete, and it will be shipping soon. You
    will receive a separate shipping notification email when your order
    ships."

Still very vague but seems to hint that shipping is imminent.

About 30 minutes ago I got the BlackBerry email suggesting 29th October. I'll believe it when I see it, I'm fed up with fighting even for the most basic information.

If anyone else got the above email let us know how long it took between getting it and getting a shipping date. TIA
    10-10-14 04:44 PM
    Just received this email from BlackBerry:

As a valued BlackBerry customer, we want to personally thank you for the order you have recently placed to receive a BlackBerry� Passport.

We are writing to inform you that we will begin shipping devices by October 29th. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

If you have any questions, please call us directly at 1-866-957-0761

Thank you for your continued support and for remaining a BlackBerry customer.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry
    10-10-14 04:46 PM
    I haven't received the email pushing back the shipping date until the end of the month yet. Experience suggests that without more, it will just be more bytes in my inbox and not some genuine assurance that the device will be shipped by the end of October. I hate to use the phrase "best case" in this instance, as there is no longer such a thing under these circumstances. Chen himself makes the announcement that the Passports will be available immediately within the US, and I go ahead and pony up full off-contract price, plus an expedited (not so much) shipping charge, only to be sidetracked and back-ordered and essentially dry-gulched by either or both Digital River and Blackberry, who will have at least a 30 day float while they have my money and I'm left empty-handed.

On the Amazon side, all official indications were and remain that Blackberry itself will be "officially" selling Passports through Amazon, at the same price and terms as if bought through ShopBlackBerry. But there, too, it was a sham availability and now you are instead seamlessly segued toward Amazon's "other sellers" where you can apparently get the Passport, but at 3 or 4 or $500 dollars more than the Blackberry price. I am not finding fault with Amazon's additional sellers. Some of them are highly rated and they are entitled to charge what the market will sustain. But I do not like at all Blackberry's indifference and incompetence in this matter.

I have little faith, at this point, in ShopBlackBerry and none in Digital River. I hope it is the case that the conduct and competency of those entities do not also reflect the same of Blackberry itself, under John Chen. I like what Blackberry is doing and like the renewed energy and spirit under Mr. Chen. But even if this problem is one of stemming from a Blackberry affiliate or contracted vendor, it does not speak well of the parent's management that this shambles was allowed to occur and to continue without any clear and dependable communication.
    dannykavs likes this.
    10-10-14 04:47 PM
    you are wrong. I ordered before you (10/3 @ 2:21pm PST) and all I got is a headache and a fraudulent CC charge.
    Yeah, I'm actually most likely going to file a PayPal claim at this point. I'm not going to have them hold my money while they maybe fulfill my order by October 29th. It will likely not be delivered until sometime in November. That's a month away!
    I just received the exact same email. Not a happy bunny right now.
    I haven't received the email pushing back the shipping date until the end of the month yet. Experience suggests that without more, it will just be more bytes in my inbox and not some genuine assurance that the device will be shipped by the end of October. I hate to use the phrase "best case" in this instance, as there is no longer such a thing under these circumstances. Chen himself makes the announcement that the Passports will be available immediately within the US, and I go ahead and pony up full off-contract price, plus an expedited (not so much) shipping charge, only to be sidetracked and back-ordered and essentially dry-gulched by either or both Digital River and Blackberry, who will have at least a 30 day float while they have my money and I'm left empty-handed.

On the Amazon side, all official indications were and remain that Blackberry itself will be "officially" selling Passports through Amazon, at the same price and terms as if bought through ShopBlackBerry. But there, too, it was a sham availability and now you are instead seamlessly segued toward Amazon's "other sellers" where you can apparently get the Passport, but at 3 or 4 or $500 dollars more than the Blackberry price. I am not finding fault with Amazon's additional sellers. Some of them are highly rated and they are entitled to charge what the market will sustain. But I do not like at all Blackberry's indifference and incompetence in this matter.

I have little faith, at this point, in ShopBlackBerry and none in Digital River. I hope it is the case that the conduct and competency of those entities do not also reflect the same of Blackberry itself, under John Chen. I like what Blackberry is doing and like the renewed energy and spirit under Mr. Chen. But even if this problem is one of stemming from a Blackberry affiliate or contracted vendor, it does not speak well of the parent's management that this shambles was allowed to occur and to continue without any clear and dependable communication.
    Well said man.
    10-10-14 04:55 PM
    Yes, BS emails.

Posted via CB10
    You were whining because you didn't hear anything. Now you are whining about getting information in an email.

Go away!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 10-10-14 at 07:25 PM.
    blkitr likes this.
    10-10-14 05:20 PM
119 12345