Does anybody who has bought a device from DR, and have had to personally deal with them happen to have a toll-free phone number to contact them? Need to send back my beloved PP for replacement because of hardware issues before the 30 days are up. Btw, I'm located in Canada. Thanks to anybody who can help. Cheers.

Posted with my Canadian Passport
    10-29-14 03:18 AM
    Maybe Dejanh or BoldUntilHybridComes?

They seemed to have had excessive contact with them.
    Not sure if they are Canadian though, and if that makes a difference for the toll free number.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-29-14 03:22 AM
    They do have a contact number. If you go to the BlackBerry shop site and go to the passport listing you will find there number to the right side of the page.

I find it very difficult to deal with them as they are clearly outsourced overseas somewhere making it hard to communicate.

They never seem to be able to understand my questions let alone answer it. They will usually just give some random response which doesn't have much to do with my question.

Wish you the best of luck. I have to return my Passport as well due to issues.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-29-14 04:22 AM
    Thanks, MarsupilamiX. I PM'ed dejanh yesterday and asked him because I knew about his DR headache, but never got a reply back.

Rai187, thank you so much! First thing I did was check their CS links but couldn't find a number. Checked Passport on Shopbb but none showed in stock, so didn't look further for the PP. Didn't think of looking at other devices, if I had I would've seen the toll free number on the far right.

Feeling kind of embarrassed, I should've looked more thoroughly...I usually do, but I'm sick right now and really fuzzy brained. It's my hubby who will be dealing with them, and he doesn't put up with anybody's crap, so we'll see how it goes with them. lol Thank you again and wish you luck with then too.

10-29-14 12:50 PM
    Thanks, MarsupilamiX. I PM'ed dejanh yesterday and asked him because I knew about his DR headache, but never got a reply back.

Rai187, thank you so much! First thing I did was check their CS links but couldn't find a number. Checked Passport on Shopbb but none showed in stock, so didn't look further for the PP. Didn't think of looking at other devices, if I had I would've seen the toll free number on the far right.

Feeling kind of embarrassed, I should've looked more thoroughly...I usually do, but I'm sick right now and really fuzzy brained. It's my hubby who will be dealing with them, and he doesn't put up with anybody's crap, so we'll see how it goes with them. lol Thank you again and wish you luck with then too.

I just sent you a reply with some instructions. Let me know if you need anything else. Just keep in mind that this system does not notify me of PMs so I may take a bit of time to reply.

Good luck
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-29-14 01:07 PM
    I've been dealing with shopblackberry support since I got the device.

I have a defective device. Problem with the light sensor.

Anyways, the only way you can guarantee that you get a brand new device is calling in to issue a refund. Then you buy the device again.

It's a really stupid system.

I'm currently waiting for the Passport to come back in stock, then I order it and return this defective unit for a refund.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:10 PM

Anyways, the only way you can guarantee that you get a brand new device is calling in to issue a refund. Then you buy the device again.

I'm currently waiting for the Passport to come back in stock, then I order it and return this defective unit for a refund.

Posted via CB10
    I guess if you want to look at the positive, you can keep doing this until you get a perfect device, indefinitely. In fact, you can forever keep changing your devices, every month, especially since every time you buy a new one and return an old one you have a brand new purchase with brand new terms.

Isn't the person that decided to do this pure genius?
    10-29-14 02:38 PM
    Both DR customer service and BlackBerry customer service (help@blackberry.com) have give me the exact same list of contact details:
    Digital River Contact?-img_20141029_194135.png
    They where pretty clear that is the first place to start.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-29-14 02:42 PM
    I guess if you want to look at the positive, you can keep doing this until you get a perfect device, indefinitely. In fact, you can forever keep changing your devices, every month, especially since every time you buy a new one and return an old one you have a brand new purchase with brand new terms.

Isn't the person that decided to do this pure genius?
    It's a really stupid model. What business would want the buyer to refund the product and buy it again?

I really hope BlackBerry dumps DR

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-29-14 03:14 PM
    I just sent you a reply with some instructions. Let me know if you need anything else. Just keep in mind that this system does not notify me of PMs so I may take a bit of time to reply.

Good luck
    You are awesome, thank you! Sorry about that, I keep forgetting. Wish CB would update their app so we can PM with it too. I'm pretty sick in bed at the moment, so I'll reply to your PM as soon as my head stops spinning. lol But I'm appreciative for every tiny bit of help.

Honestly, I was reluctant to post publicly for fear of being bashed as a bb hater/troll/liar because my device is defective and needs to be sent back. I'm pretty thin skinned and soft-hearted, didn't want to be attacked or called a liar by other members, especially considering I'm a true BB lover.
    10-29-14 04:42 PM
    You are awesome, thank you! Sorry about that, I keep forgetting. Wish CB would update their app so we can PM with it too. I'm pretty sick in bed at the moment, so I'll reply to your PM as soon as my head stops spinning. lol But I'm appreciative for every tiny bit of help.

Honestly, I was reluctant to post publicly for fear of being bashed as a bb hater/troll/liar because my device is defective and needs to be sent back. I'm pretty thin skinned and soft-hearted, didn't want to be attacked or called a liar by other members, especially considering I'm a true BB lover.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Honestly, I could care less who thinks what. I don't ***** and complain because I feel like it. If I have an issue and I'm not assisted, I am vocal about it

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:53 PM
    Wish I were thicker skinned like you, but don't like conflict at all, and didn't want to be attacked the way you have been over your very valid hardware issues. lol I was quite impressed that, even though certain members kept having a go at you, you kept it classy and replied politely, or just brushed their comments off. If it were me, I'd probably end up leaving CB after being attacked, even though I love this forum. Cheers.
    10-30-14 01:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup, this is what I'll be doing. My device is definitely defective hardware-wise, and too many software issues at the moment to mention, so I just want a new device and don't want this same one returned to me. Well, guess I'll be waiting for the next batch of PPs, if DR will take this one back for a refund. So disappointed, since I've been so excited about getting a PP and have been waiting forever for it (or at least it felt like forever, lol).
    10-30-14 01:19 PM