Hi,

Can those with experience dealing with them let me know what the best way is to get a replacement unit from them? My screen is starting to lift.

I don't want to be without a handset so sending it back is not an option.

I don't mind giving them more money which they can refund when they receive my current passport.

What is the best way to handle this transaction and... what is the best number to call them to start this process?

I just got this unit and am within my 30 day Window.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:42 AM
    Yes I do. First off call the Blackberry support line per the first 30 free tech support service. Be very polite and explain your case. If the rep is causing you difficulty then ask kindly to speak to a supervisor. Then politely explain the situation. They should raise a ticket that authorises the return for a full refund through DR. You order a new Passport and then return your defective unit. I did exactly this as I damaged the Sim tray on my first unit.

BlackBerry was very professional and I for one have always had excellent support from BlackBerry for any issues I have had. Its all about being polite and respectful and things will work out for you. Just remember that.

Cheers. Ben

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    12-24-14 12:12 PM
    To add. Remember I damaged my first Passport from cutting down my micro Sim card myself. I took full responsibility for that stupid mistake and BlackBerry still took care of me. For that I am very grateful. They could have easily told me to take a hike!!! But they didn't.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    12-24-14 12:15 PM
    I had a situation where had the sensor on my BlackBerry passport stopped working. Since it was covered under warranty and I had bought it through shop BlackBerry I dealt with BlackBerry customer service directly. They made me do the whole wipe the OS and do a fresh install OS install to see if the sensors worked. And when it didn't, they send me a new passport with a return box for my old malfunctioning passport, so I wasn't without a phone.

But hopefully in your case they would do what they call an Advanced Exchange Device, where you had to leave your credit card info so they make sure you return the malfunctioning one back to BlackBerry once you receive your new replacement device.

It was a simple and painless process for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:22 PM
    Tx!

I'm on the move at the moment. I know I can search but if someone can kindly post BlackBerry's customer service number for me I'd be grateful.

thanks,

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:44 PM
    This is what I received from them after 48 hours putting my support request in. Be aware I had to email them twice to get this response.
    Their number is 18772552377.

The only thing I didn't agree with the below response is the 25% tax charge hold on CC. Still waiting for response from them in regards to that.

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

I hope you are doing great, my name is _____ and I will be taking over of your case number _____________, if you have any question, please reply this email and I will shortly contact you back.

Please be aware if we proceed with the Advance exchange Your credit card information is required to initiate an advanced exchange request. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the amount of device replacement plus 25% to cover any local taxes. If you do not return your original device to BlackBerry Limited within 10 days of receiving the advance exchanged unit your credit will automatically be billed for the amount of Hold, and adjusted for local tax rates.

In order to complete this request I will need to collect the following information by phone

1. Card Holders full name (as displayed on the card)
    2. Card type
    3. Card number
    4. Security code (3 digits found on the reverse of the card)
    5. Expiry date (mm/yyyy

This information is used by BlackBerry Limited or its affiliates and service providers order to collect payment if the original device is not returned. By providing BlackBerry Limited or its affiliates or authorized service providers with this information you consent to BlackBerry Limited or its affiliates or authorized service providers collection, use and disclosure of such information for these purposes in accordance with BlackBerry Limited or its affiliates or authorized service providers Privacy Policy which can be found at http://ca.blackberry.com/legal/privacy-policy.html. Are you ok to proceed?

If you agree with the terms please let me know when I can call you back to proceed with the order.

Thank you again for contacting us"

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:54 PM
    Your best bet is to return for a full refund and re-buy a new one. Make sure you document your issue well before sending the device in for a refund so that you don't find yourself being accused of causing physical damage.

If you proceed with an Advance Exchange through BlackBerry, you won't have the ability to return the device any more since the new device comes as a bare device only, no box and no accessories. Your original box will not match the replacement device in respect to the serial number and PIN.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:58 PM
    Your best bet is to return for a full refund and re-buy a new one. Make sure you document your issue well before sending the device in for a refund so that you don't find yourself being accused of causing physical damage.

If you proceed with an Advance Exchange through BlackBerry, you won't have the ability to return the device any more since the new device comes as a bare device only, no box and no accessories. Your original box will not match the replacement device in respect to the serial number and PIN.

Posted via CB10
    Ohhhh didn't know that!

No box? why? Are they sending us back refurbished units when we do an advance replacement?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where you got your info from. I know 2 people that have done advance exchange and they send you a new unit with box and all accessories. They require you te send the original unit back as soon as you receive the replacement unit. Hold put on your CC in case you don't return your original unit.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you just the unit bare. Digital River is at best mediocre to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:18 PM
    Ohhhh didn't know that!

No box? why? Are they sending us back refurbished units when we do an advance replacement?

Posted via CB10
    It's a brand new device, I wouldn't worry about the hold on the CC as it's just a precaution to return your defective device. I had no problems with the Advanced exchange warranty.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:22 PM
    Not sure where you got your info from. I know 2 people that have done advance exchange and they send you a new unit with box and all accessories. They require you te send the original unit back as soon as you receive the replacement unit. Hold put on your CC in case you don't return your original unit.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you just the unit bare. Digital River is at best mediocre to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    I'm talking about BlackBerry Advance Exchange and I'm speaking from personal experience. They definitely do not send you a unit in a retail box with accessories. They ship just a bare device. In fact, I've never once had a manufacturer of any sort send an Advance Exchange in retail packaging. If you are talking about Shop BlackBerry that's different. They have stock of retail devices. Manufacturers keep stock of reserved units for exchange. These are always bare. Even my company operates the same. Bare units for Advance Exchange.

Ohhhh didn't know that!

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps but you really would not know. The couple I got looked new, though they were clearly from two very different production cycles and both had stuck pixels. One had a major gap between the screen and frame above the LED notification light. You could easily insert 2 or 3 standard sheets of paper into the gap. Neither were good actually.

Shop BlackBerry will also honor the previous price if the price of the new device has changed (including shipping) as long as you explain to them the issue. The process with Shop BlackBerry is much longer and it takes longer to get a refund, but that way you are guaranteed to receive a brand new device and it comes with a new warranty and an additional 30 money back guarantee.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:28 AM