I am curious to know how many people so far have left Big Red to get the PP. I realize it is not launched yet by AT&T, and there have been back orders, I want to get some idea of those of us who say we will switch to those who have done so. I have not made up my mind yet, but want the PP. Just waiting for inventory to build up for availability and then, not 100% sure of switching.
    10-26-14 04:04 PM
    Vzw and blackberry customer for 10 years. Purchased an unlocked Passport from shop blackberry. Played with it for a week, fell in love, made the switch to att. No issues thus far. I'll only come back to Vzw if they get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Sallem and anon(5061193) like this.
    10-26-14 04:48 PM
    Not yet, but if there is no official word of the BlackBerry Passport coming to Verizon by the time this the device arrives at AT&T, then yes, I most likely will be making the switch. Also, I am hoping that we will know for sure if the two other rumored premium versions are still coming by then.
    Sallem likes this.
    10-26-14 04:49 PM
    Vzw and blackberry customer for 10 years. Purchased an unlocked Passport from shop blackberry. Played with it for a week, fell in love, made the switch to att. No issues thus far. I'll only come back to Vzw if they get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    I did the same. Verizon had been my only cellphone company since I went to college (over 10 years now). Bought a Passport on launch day, used it for a few weeks using an AT&T go phone sim card. Loved the Passport and felt the AT&T coverage was sufficient around the areas I moved around for those three weeks. So with a heavy heart I switched to AT&T a week ago. It wasn't an easy decision as I was still on their grandfathered unlimited data plan and I'm not the type of person that likes to change things that are working fine.

Posted via CB10
    Sallem likes this.
    10-26-14 04:53 PM
    I left and brought my wife with me to AT&T. Although she insisted on keeping the z10 as the Passport was to big for her.

Posted via CB10
    Sallem likes this.
    10-26-14 04:55 PM
    Long time VZN customer, now on TMo with my PP.
    10-26-14 04:58 PM
    VZW for 12 years. Now happily on ATT with my Passport. Easiest switch to make.

Posted via CB10
    Sallem likes this.
    10-26-14 05:00 PM
    I will but I will not break my contract to get it. My contract is up in June and if there isn't any rumbling about Verizon getting anything next level wise from BlackBerry then I am leaving for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:04 PM
    Why do you leave the carrier? Why not just buy the phone outright.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:12 PM
    Probably leaving. Just a matter of time if I can't get it.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unlocked GSM phones can't be used on Verizon, only Verizon-branded phones can be used.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-26-14 05:24 PM
    Because the Passport doesn't have the appropriate bands to work well on the Verizon network.

I was going to start a new thread, but it seems fitting to post it here. I'm REALLY annoyed with the lack of transparency of this company. I've been following the release of the Passport since it was leaked, and then announced, and they can't even tell me whether or not my carrier is going to have it available?! That's BS. I don't use twitter, but i even tweeted at BlackBerry and Verizon to ask, and no response. I called Verizon and they have no idea - I called BlackBerry and they have no idea. I've been using a Z10 since it came out, and want a new phone. I don't want the Classic - I want the Passport. Most of all, I want a an answer from someone regarding this instead of this insanely frustrating "i don't know," from everyone. How does a company expect to keep customers like this?
    BluejayChip likes this.
    10-26-14 05:25 PM
    Because the Passport doesn't have the appropriate bands to work well on the Verizon network.

I was going to start a new thread, but it seems fitting to post it here. I'm REALLY annoyed with the lack of transparency of this company. I've been following the release of the Passport since it was leaked, and then announced, and they can't even tell me whether or not my carrier is going to have it available?! That's BS. I don't use twitter, but i even tweeted at BlackBerry and Verizon to ask, and no response. I called Verizon and they have no idea - I called BlackBerry and they have no idea. I've been using a Z10 since it came out, and want a new phone. I don't want the Classic - I want the Passport. Most of all, I want a an answer from someone regarding this instead of this insanely frustrating "i don't know," from everyone. How does a company expect to keep customers like this?
    It's been pretty clear that there are no plans for a Verizon Passport. However that could change eventually and since both companies are still doing business together (for other phones,.. like the Classic), it is common business behavior to not say things that might hurt the other. For example, if BlackBerry definitely says there will never be a Passport, then there are many here that would leave Verizon, and thus Verizon would likely have some words for BlackBerry. Similarly, Verizon doesn't want you to jump ship, so they tell you as little as possible without lying. That is, "we have a new BlackBerry coming but we can't tell you if it's the Classic,.. and there may or may not end up being a VZW Passport in the future, but we don't know that yet."

Do you really think they're here to make you happy? Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:38 PM
    Left Verizon for ATT after buying the unlocked Passport. LTE is nice.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:42 PM
    I did.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:48 PM
    Really a moot point. Even if it were a CDMA phone it wouldn't work unless Verizon allowed it -- in other words it would have to be sold by them (branded). They really want a captive audience over there.
    southlander likes this.
    10-26-14 06:01 PM
    It's been pretty clear that there are no plans for a Verizon Passport. However that could change eventually and since both companies are still doing business together (for other phones,.. like the Classic), it is common business behavior to not say things that might hurt the other. For example, if BlackBerry definitely says there will never be a Passport, then there are many here that would leave Verizon, and thus Verizon would likely have some words for BlackBerry. Similarly, Verizon doesn't want you to jump ship, so they tell you as little as possible without lying. That is, "we have a new BlackBerry coming but we can't tell you if it's the Classic,.. and there may or may not end up being a VZW Passport in the future, but we don't know that yet."

Do you really think they're here to make you happy? Lol

Posted via CB10
    I understand the mentality behind it, from the business point of view, but even an honest response of "Currently, Verizon is not planning on carrying the Passport, but that may change in the future" would be better than just leaving people in limbo. Verizon may not be in the business of making their customers happy, but BlackBerry should be focused on that.
    10-26-14 06:10 PM
    I agree, that's what got me curious about the subject.
    10-26-14 06:26 PM
    Left VZW today. I was on MVNO's for quite some time since my phone number is on google voice and I go through phones way more than a normal person. I moved to VZW to get the Nokia Lumia ICON, and bought the phone outright. They wonderfully "retire" the phone months into it's release with no updates. sigh.
    So now I'm back on ATT network and I've got 2 little bars on my signal strength and I'm paying less for the same. I'll miss having the 20mp camera on my phone, but I'll adapt.
    10-26-14 06:47 PM
    My wife is up in March, so Verizon has until then to change my mind. Would have been happy to get her a Z30, but can't even do that.
    I would probably prefer a Z30 replacement, but that seems light years away.

As for Vic......Verizon has to start SOME kind of astroturf campaign without their fingerprints on it to try to keep their customers from jumping ship. Like Verizon has replied to me about the passport. "By March we hope we will have a phone that will fit your needs." Note the lack of
    "Blackberry Phone" in that statement.

Realistically, they probably won't loose enough customers to hurt their earnings, but the employees at customer retention do get touchy about any defections....and it does bug them a bit.
    10-26-14 08:05 PM
    I understand the mentality behind it, from the business point of view, but even an honest response of "Currently, Verizon is not planning on carrying the Passport, but that may change in the future" would be better than just leaving people in limbo. Verizon may not be in the business of making their customers happy, but BlackBerry should be focused on that.
    Not sure how the answer you posted is any better than "I don't know." Both leave the customer in limbo: wait or not.
    AnimalPak200 and spikesolie like this.
    10-26-14 08:16 PM
    We have always been a mostly AT&T shop, but with a few people on VZW to accommodate individual preferences for certain devices -- approximately a 90/10 AT&T to VZW split. I always had my BlackBerry on AT&T. But for the first time I got a VZW line so I could run a Z30. I am going to terminate that line because I now have the Passport back on VZW. As we were reviewing the matter, we also have decided to terminate all the VZW lines and bring everyone under the AT&T umbrella. If not everyone is happy here leaving VZW, at least they'll be getting brand new phones with AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-26-14 08:51 PM
    I wonder if att would buy out the last few months of a couple VZ contracts...

Time to check att coverage maps?

VoLTE cannot get here quick enough for VZ. Is the Passport going to support that feature?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:43 PM
    Your Passport works on Verizon's LTE network? That was the home of my VZW 100-3 Z30 until I brought the device over to at&t.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    10-26-14 09:50 PM
    Come jan 2015 im going to at&t

Posted via WHT Q10
    10-26-14 09:54 PM
67 123