11-20-14 10:52 PM
45 12
tools
    The voice dictate is really working well. I use it on email, and bbm.
    I'm gonna try it on the docs-to-go for my talks or speeches, memo, and ideas that come to mind.

It's a small computer that makes phone calls. If you find yourself with the way you use your Q10, saying, "this would be easier on my laptop," with much frequency, the Passport will make you happy. I used Blend with a MacBook and thought, this isn't significantly easier than using just the phone.

By the way, the voice recognition is not praised enough. I use it often on the Passport. It is very accurate.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:48 PM
    SNOW!?
    Well, you can enjoy learning all about your Passport with a roaring fire and a hot cup of coco.

Congrats!
    Let us know how it goes.

My Passport is due tomorrow. Was suppose to get to my house on Friday BUT the weather delayed the delivery. Suppose to get more snow tonight. If it's delayed again...I'm driving to them!

Congrats on your order. I, too, got it from Amazon!

Jake
    11-16-14 10:50 PM
    My birthday is the 17th. My girlfriend, her daughter and husband, and my sister just gave me a birthday card with a picture of the Passport in it ... as well as the money to buy one. Said they didn't know what to get me and knew that's all I had been talking about.

I just ordered my Passport about an hour ago. Amazon prime says delivery is Wednesday, the 19th.

Yep ... I am excited!!!

Posted via CB10
    Man,.. my wife, sister and mom just told me to shut up about the Passport already. Had to go buy it myself.... : /

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:51 PM
    Told myself I'd tough it out w the q10 and stay on sprint while patiently waiting to see what the future holds...

That lasted for about a month or so. Just ordered a BlackBerry Passport on amazon with my amazon card @ 0 % for 12 months and the flip case from shopbb. Potentially switching to tmobile as well as they are willing to buy out my contract and have affordable pricing. Can't wait to get my pp! So excited to get my hands on this great device you've all been raving about! Also looking forward to the larger screen real estate. Coming from a q10 I know it'll be a major difference but I'm a pretty big guy @ 6' 4 so I'm confident I'll adjust to the size quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Never held the passport, bought it the same way you did. It arrived about a week later. I love it. Definitely one of the best, if not 'the' best blackberry I've ever owned

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-16-14 11:08 PM
    I have a mint Q10 and Z10 and still bought the Passport!

It's a big adjustment but it's a hell of a phone!

DO NOT load 10.3.1. Enjoy the Passport as is. When it gets old then play around with leaks

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-16-14 11:38 PM
    You'll be so happy, just give yourself a week or so to get used to it.

You'll never go back to your Q10!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 03:58 AM
    Do you need an Amazon credit card to get the 0% for 12 months? Or can you just do it through your Amazon account?
    The amazon credit card is pretty good and worth the first year.
    11-17-14 07:50 AM
    The amazon credit card is pretty good and worth the first year.
    I didn't get the amazon, 'credit' card. I applied for the amazon store card.

11-17-14 07:53 AM
    Store card, yup.
    By the way, will that 0% stuff work as long as you have the card? Not just for the first timer, right? or is it only for the first timers?

I didn't get the amazon, 'credit' card. I applied for the amazon store card.

11-17-14 09:32 AM
    Store card, yup.
    By the way, will that 0% stuff work as long as you have the card? Not just for the first timer, right? or is it only for the first timers?
    As long as you have the card

11-17-14 09:42 AM
    You're gonna love your Passport and what an improvement when you compare the old voice assistant with the new one ,hop right in there and you'll know what I mean,Awesome stuff!!!
    11-17-14 10:03 AM
    Not me. Don't get me wrong, the Classic looks great and I honestly thought BB designers had lost their minds when I first heard about the Passport. Have had the Passport for 3 weeks and love the screen, roomy and capacitive keyboard, outdoor visibility, and so on!
    Exactly the same here, first impressions were WTF, this is plain ugly.

More I read about it and the more pictures I was I just had to have one.

Had been holding onto my 9900 in anticipation of getting a Classic but that plan went out of the window and I got one of the first Passports that my carrier had in.

Do I regret getting it, hell no, I love it.
    geekaren likes this.
    11-17-14 10:10 AM
    The weird thing is I actually panic sometimes when I see my passport battery at 80% at noon. Somehow my brain is not conditioned to think that that is possible so sometimes I interpret that as having 20% left lol
    Andy_bb_king and thymaster like this.
    11-17-14 10:12 AM
    My birthday is the 17th. My girlfriend, her daughter and husband, and my sister just gave me a birthday card with a picture of the Passport in it ... as well as the money to buy one. Said they didn't know what to get me and knew that's all I had been talking about.

I just ordered my Passport about an hour ago. Amazon prime says delivery is Wednesday, the 19th.

Yep ... I am excited!!!

Posted via CB10
    Why didn't they order it for you? You could have had it by now! What an awesome gift. I wish I waited to see if I would get it for Christmas. Eh, no I don't. Glad I have it now

Although I believe that if I DID wait, I would have taken the safe route and bought the classic instead lol. Passport is too damn cool. I'll get the classic some point next year

Man,.. my wife, sister and mom just told me to shut up about the Passport already. Had to go buy it myself.... : /

Posted via CB10
    Lmfao. I'm sorry man. I had to buy it myself too. My wife was tired of me talking about it too.

11-17-14 10:24 AM
    ah..the land of the addicts, each seeking a fix
    dmateo likes this.
    11-17-14 10:20 PM
    [QUOTE=Coraya;11087361]Why didn't they order it for you? You could have had it by now! What an awesome gift.

She (girlfriend) didn't know to buy it online. Said she actually went to two AT&T stores and they told her they didn't carry BlackBerry anymore. So much for that.
    So I ended up ordering from Amazon Prime. No taxes or shipping either. Had heard too many stories about ShopBlackBerry.com.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:17 AM
    Finally got the passport after numerous delays. It is as awesome as I thought it was going to be. The device demands attention when out in public. I was asked by 4 different people when I was at the post office. More like "what the heck is that?"

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:39 PM
    That's awesome! I have the device sitting in my office. I was out in the field all day so didn't get the chance to get my hands on it. Can't wait to have it!!!!! Still a bit worried because I know I'm going to miss the ease of use on my q10 but we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:23 PM
    That's awesome! I have the device sitting in my office. I was out in the field all day so didn't get the chance to get my hands on it. Can't wait to have it!!!!! Still a bit worried because I know I'm going to miss the ease of use on my q10 but we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    As with anything else, there is good and bad. The phone is a work powerhouse. The keyboard won't be as good as the Q in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:30 PM
    You have done well grasshopper...now load blend and work wide!
    11-20-14 10:52 PM
45 12