Current BlackBerry keyone user. Love it. Want the key2 can't afford it. Always wanted a passport, found a banging deal on eBay. Open box, excellent condition passport, unlocked, with a fully paid- 3 month plan on Mint Mobile. All for $99!! I didn't realize BIS was shutting down at the end of this month! 😱 did I just waste 100??? Will I still be able to use this passport browse the web and what not?
    10-03-19 11:41 AM
    Passport doesn't use BIS so no issues there. I don't think you wasted your money as long as you know what you're getting into. If emailing and texting is your primary use case for this device, you will love it. If you need any type of reliable app, you're in for a rocky ride.

For $99, I'd buy one simply as something to add to my collection.
    BadgerBoy77 and WES51 like this.
    10-03-19 11:48 AM
    with a fully paid- 3 month plan on Mint Mobile
    That alone is almost worth $99 isn't it? If you can't handle the Passport, it then becomes a burner.
    SuperPapum likes this.
    10-03-19 12:02 PM
    Chuck Finley69 just started a thread that would be good for you to read.

Hope this link works otherwise you'll have to Search for it:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    BadgerBoy77 likes this.
    10-03-19 03:36 PM
    That alone is almost worth $99 isn't it? If you can't handle the Passport, it then becomes a burner.
    Or the world's best alarm clock!

Posted via my Passport
    10-03-19 03:52 PM
    The truth is, if you enjoy a challenge, then the Passport is for you! It's like the difference between an automatic Honda Civic and a 6 speed manual Alfa Romeo! Both will get you there, but one demands things from you in exchange for Joy! Best of luck,

Posted via my Passport
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-03-19 03:55 PM
    Yup I mostly picked it up for emailing and possibly texting. I love my keyone my only complaint is, I wish the keyboard felt more like the bold or classic. The keys are just a little too skinny
    10-04-19 07:10 AM
    Or the world's best alarm clock!

Posted via my Passport
    Which I certainly need!
    10-04-19 07:11 AM
    Passport doesn't use BIS so no issues there. I don't think you wasted your money as long as you know what you're getting into. If emailing and texting is your primary use case for this device, you will love it. If you need any type of reliable app, you're in for a rocky ride.

For $99, I'd buy one simply as something to add to my collection.
    Will Amazon appstore still be a native app on passport as it is on my classic?
    10-04-19 07:12 AM
    Yup! according to mint mobile website, $90 for 3 month prepaid plan. 8GB data of 4G LTE per month, unlimited texts & talk, plus mobile hotspot. I don't plan to fully switch to mint but I'll take the free data!!
    I've been a long time lover of AT&T prepaid mostly because of the rollover data. IMO, their prepaid plans & prices can't be beat. A lot of dead spots in my house though (wooded area) but every where else mostly always full bars 4g
    10-04-19 07:20 AM
    Will Amazon appstore still be a native app on passport as it is on my classic?
    its not a native app at all. its an android app
    10-04-19 10:09 AM
    Received the passport the other day and I love it! Had no idea that it has keyboard gestures! Love it! Still getting used to the size. Also had no idea it's qi wireless charging built in!! Awesome! The keyone doesn't even do that!! The passport is in excellent shape. Not a scuff on it absolute steal! I do have a couple questions if anyone feels like helping?

Keyboard gestures-
    Are there settings to control the speed of swiping? How about the speed of swipe to delete?

Apk-
    Will we still have access to BlackBerry world? Should I download everything I want now? What is an easy to navigate apk app store, free of malware and won't put my information at risk?

Thanks to everyone who was interested enough to read and post to this thread. Any help is much appreciated. It's been a while since I've put down bb10

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 07:28 AM
    Will we still have access to BlackBerry world? Should I download everything I want now? What is an easy to navigate apk app store, free of malware and won't put my information at risk?
    Download anything you want before December 31 and hope you'll never need to reset the phone afterwards. As for APKs, try Yalp: https://github.com/yeriomin/YalpStore/releases
    10-11-19 09:15 AM
    Keyboard gestures-
    Are there settings to control the speed of swiping? How about the speed of swipe to delete?
    There are no settings to control these features. Check out videos here: https://us.blackberry.com/content/bl.../overview.html

Have Fun!
    10-11-19 09:31 AM
    Could you please tell me the steps on how to download and install the apk? The yalp link you gave me shows multiple links to download. Do I download all of them? I'm not very good at that sort of thing lol

Posted via CB10
    10-18-19 04:52 PM
    No you didn't waste your money. I picked up a red passport today and I am totally loving it. I missed this keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-19 08:14 PM
    lots of stuff still works on android³ and modern browsers will run and much more... the phone, used for basics, is a revelation !!
    10-19-19 05:51 PM
    No you didn't waste your money. I picked up a red passport today and I am totally loving it. I missed this keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Where did you score a red one from?
    10-19-19 06:20 PM
    Wow. Where did you score a red one from?
    Someone locally was selling one and I just couldn’t pass it up.
    ppeters914 and moosbb like this.
    10-19-19 07:47 PM
    Someone locally was selling one and I just couldn’t pass it up.
    Lucky you! That is the #1 device on my back catalogue wish list.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-19 03:56 PM
    Current BlackBerry keyone user. Love it. Want the key2 can't afford it. Always wanted a passport, found a banging deal on eBay. Open box, excellent condition passport, unlocked, with a fully paid- 3 month plan on Mint Mobile. All for $99!! I didn't realize BIS was shutting down at the end of this month! 😱 did I just waste 100??? Will I still be able to use this passport browse the web and what not?
    To be honest yes! But enjoy the exterior design of the passport and some unique features like keyboard swipes or scrolls.
    But a Good phone for basic use!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-19 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you don't mind a "refurb"

C$ 289.72 | unlocked Original BlackBerry passport Q30 mobile phone Quad core 3GB RAM 32GB ROM red color ,Free DHL-EMS Shipping
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/rs2WTZk4
    11-03-19 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just sent you a PM...
    11-08-19 04:42 PM