If I wanted to compromise between business and music and apps, I'd probably go Android.
    It's getting harder and harder to imagine the circumstances under which I'd use an Android phone:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015...tly-reject-it/

Maybe if Android was the last OS on Earth..?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-28-15 01:31 PM
    It's getting harder and harder to imagine the circumstances under which I'd use an Android phone:

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it | Ars Technica

Maybe if Android was the last OS on Earth..?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I hear you. I use my Droid as a backup on my personal line to run apps I can't get on my Berry like my Banking App. I like it better than an iPhone (GUI-Wise), but I'd rather not use it as my daily driver. Yet a large majority of the World certainly does.

I have an iPhone 4s (No Sim - WiFi only) that I use for a streaming music via Bluetooth to my Vintage Audio components. Works great for that but I'd never want one for daily use.
    11-28-15 01:41 PM
    I purchased passport se few days back. Just wondering if I made a correct choice. The world is full of droids and iphones and I myself used iphone earlier. Got fed up with the battery performance.

Any other with the same feeling of buying a phone with not much market??

Posted via CB10
    Only your timing is the wrong choice. Return it or contact BlackBerry to see if they'll rebate you the sale difference? !!

Posted via CB10
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    11-28-15 02:00 PM
    Hello all. I have a Passport that I Love.
    A friend of mine likes the Passport Silver Edition. What is the difference is she were to get the SE? Specs, Size?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 02:11 PM
    Hello all. I have a Passport that I Love.
    A friend of mine likes the Passport Silver Edition. What is the difference is she were to get the SE? Specs, Size?
    Build quality upgrades, slight ergonomic difference, lighter touch required on keyboard.
    Specs are identical.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    11-28-15 02:47 PM
    I hear you. I use my Droid as a backup on my personal line to run apps I can't get on my Berry like my Banking App... I have an iPhone 4s (No Sim - WiFi only) that I use for a streaming music via Bluetooth to my Vintage Audio components. Works great for that...
    I'm with you. I have an iPad mini for watching movies on long-haul flights and for NHL Game Center Live. A BlackBerry 10 device with the old BlackBerry World music and movies would be lovely, but this setup works for me.

BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    11-28-15 03:05 PM
    Just purchased the SE few days ago and it came from Amazon in two days including thanksgiving. Best device I have ever used I'm my life including tablets and my other BBRY devices. I switched from a Q10 which felt like the natural upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    11-28-15 03:08 PM
    hopefully bb10 stays around. i exchanged my silver for the priv. Didn't want to get out there like the users who had the blackberry tablet.
    11-28-15 04:11 PM
    As I have stated many times here was that I have always wanted a BBPP but my carrier bought Z10 has performed so well I didn't see the need, but a year on and for less than $490 on Amazon , I am getting it Sunday.
    As to the OP if it's work and no play device than there is nothing better than BB10 , I have NO games on my Z10 and only use Igrann Pro (again for my buisness).

Everything else is just buttery smooth, my cousin who has an S6 still laments how I can open PDF files straight from an email whilst she still has to download an app.

When and if BlackBerry kill OS10 in 4yrs+ I guess I will have to switch? , that said here in Jamaica there are a ton of people still using OS7 devices even older than 9900 too, I saw someone using a RED Torch just last week, I was amazed and this from a huge BlackBerry fan

Digicel STL100-1 10.3.2.2474
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-28-15 04:18 PM
    I'm with you. I have an iPad mini for watching movies on long-haul flights and for NHL Game Center Live. A BlackBerry 10 device with the old BlackBerry World music and movies would be lovely, but this setup works for me.
    Same here. I have an iPad 2 that I use during long flights for entertainment in the seat, and for hotel room entertainment. The iPad 2 may be a bit legacy entrenched now, but it's still dual core, runs the apps I need for entertainment and streaming, and it's in mint condition. Why not still use it. I also invested in a case/keyboard for it that really turns it into a nice little laptop. This way I only have to carry the iPad when traveling, and leave the regular Laptop in my office.
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-28-15 04:21 PM
    Ops were did you go.
    11-28-15 07:17 PM
    Don't care for apps and social media? You're good.

Any app you MIGHT need will probably NOT be supported by BB10 natively and you'll have to spend your time sideloading apps...and they still might not work properly.
    11-28-15 08:07 PM
    Ops were did you go.
    Agreed. OP went ghost like Swayze.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-28-15 08:18 PM
    Just purchased the SE few days ago and it came from Amazon in two days including thanksgiving. Best device I have ever used I'm my life including tablets and my other BBRY devices. I switched from a Q10 which felt like the natural upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree. This is the best device I have ever owned. Who cares if it doesn't have a million useless apps? It also has many things Droid and apple don't have: like true multi-tasking with apps, an amazing touch sensitive keyboard that makes you want to use it all the time, the smoothest and most intuitive OS. Not to mention great security

Typed on the fantastic Pas�p�rt SE
    11-29-15 12:16 AM
    I'm also in the same position as OP. I'm on an iphone 6 but the battery is crap and the UI is starting to lag on me, been using for a year and a month or so. I loveeeee the passport's design but a friend of mine had the original black version and his screen would start to lift form the top right corner edge, looked it up, apparently it's a deisgn flaw in where the heat distributed via the steel frame melts the glue holding the screen display to the plastic.?

I think i will be able to cope with the app gap, BB covers my google contacts, calendar and email , i could jsut move my DRIVE stuff over to dropbox too
    Last edited by sneakerhead25; 11-29-15 at 05:05 AM.
    11-29-15 04:02 AM
    I'm also in the same position as OP. I'm on an iphone 6 but the battery is crap and the UI is starting to lag on me, been using for a year and a month or so. I loveeeee the passport's design but a friend of mine had the original black version and his screen would start to lift form the top right corner edge, looked it up, apparently it's a deisgn flaw in where the heat distributed via the steel frame melts the glue holding the screen display to the plastic.?
    I know five people 2 of them have the original black and 3 silver editions
    None had the issuse you explained above so iguess it's a flow in one out of 500 devices. I had an iPhone 5s and it had a design issue I send it back and got a new one

If you want a true powerful and sexy phone get the silver edition you won't go wrong with it

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 04:18 AM

I think i will be able to cope with the app gap, BB covers my google contacts, calendar and email , i could jsut move my DRIVE stuff over to dropbox too
    I use the same setup as you would. I use my BlackBerry as the daily driver and then use the 6Plus and my iPad for all the apps that I want to have. The phone is a beast. Haven't charged it since Friday morning and device monitor says I have 12 hours left and it's Sunday.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-29-15 09:36 AM
    I purchased passport se few days back. Just wondering if I made a correct choice. The world is full of droids and iphones and I myself used iphone earlier. Got fed up with the battery performance.

Any other with the same feeling of buying a phone with not much market??

Posted via CB10
    About 11 months ago I walked out of a London mobile phone shop with an unlocked Passport, thinking.... have I just made a really bad (�360 + UK sales tax) mistake?

Within hours of setting up my new Passport, I realised that I had NOT made a mistake, and that the Passport is the best phone I have ever had, (and that my old Q10 was definitely going to be gifted to a girlfriend.....).

Evidently, everybody's needs are different, but for superb:
    • phone calling (especially speakerphone phone call quality)
    • messaging / message handling
    • screen size
    • ability to view/review/revise office documents
    • ability to use phone as platform for giving presentations
    • laptop replacement when travelling for the day
    • general productivity
    • battery life

.... I still haven't found a better phone than the Passport.

Not sure what your smartphone needs are (other than battery life), but I'm sure that the Passport SE is an even better phone (minor hardware fixes etc) than the original Passport, especially as the bottom corners are rounded, so they won't catch on the pocket lining of old jackets....(which is my only big complaint about my original Passport).

Hope you get as much satisfaction with your new Passport SE as I have had with my original Passport over the past 11 months.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 11-29-15 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo, etc
    11-29-15 02:00 PM
    Trust me, only you think your 'needs' are important. Every single device meets more than anybody thinks their 'needs' are. Get lives.
    11-29-15 06:32 PM
    .... I still haven't found a better phone than the Passport.
    Nor has anyone else I know.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:49 PM
    If its a question, then yea. Figure out what you like and get that.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:57 PM
    Trust me, only you think your 'needs' are important. Every single device meets more than anybody thinks their 'needs' are. Get lives.
    Do you feel happier if the word 'needs' is replaced by 'requirements'?
    11-29-15 07:38 PM
    And still no sign of Ops....Close this thread.
    11-29-15 08:34 PM
    Nope. To the OP, as can get a lot done on a Passport SE, even without the boatload of Android apps available on the Private. I tried the Priv, and formerly had a Nexus 4 before I got my Z30. BlackBerry 10 is still the best smartphone OS out there. As long as you can live without one-handed use, you'll be fine. So enjoy your Passport!

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    11-29-15 09:14 PM
    Hi I just got my Passport SE last week. Coming from the Z10 which I still love I'm still experimenting with the best way to hold & type with it. Also it is my first PKB so that is a learning curve in its self. The underlying theme everyone is telling you is the best advice. Make a list of all the things you want from your smartphone by order of importance & that will guide you to what is best for you. The Passport SE is a rocking phone as I run 2 businesses and it & BB10 fit my needs better than anything else. Good Luck but I think once you receive it you will not look back. Rocking 24-7 wIth my Passport SE & 64GB Playbook & Retired Z10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-29-15 10:24 PM
70 123