Probably correct on that theory since the phone twists before it pops up the screen. But, I carry it in my front slacks pocket. Loose, I'm not a skinny jeans guy. If it can't survive that normal mode of carry it's just not a good customer experience. I'll admit it's a large phone and its an untested form factor so things happen. I love the phone. I just wish that for once BlackBerry would step up and say oops, we have a lift issue and we'll fix the experience for affected customers. As for me, I only buy the carrier unlocked phones so I'm moving on. I might try a classic or I might try a Samsung, I haven't decided yet. I really really want to stay with a reliable and pocket proof BlackBerry if I can find one without going back to a bold.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:35 PM
    I just wish that for once BlackBerry would step up and say oops, we have a lift issue and we'll fix the experience for affected customers.

Posted via CB10
    That is actually the reason why it taking so long to receive a replacement for such defect since BlackBerry is not acknowledging that initial faulty designed.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:29 PM
    The lifting is caused by the twisting of device. Just use a hard case. You will not have issue with screen lifting and twisting. As long as you buy passport, I don't think blackberry will change the hardware. Wait until the next passport is safer bet.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:46 PM
    As he suggested, we can fix it using 'super glue' or 'mighty bond'. Use the tip of a toothpick to avoid scratching your screen when applying the glue. Trim the tip of the toothpick (if you had to) then apply a very thin layer of glue inserting it between gaps. Use clothes while clamping and pressing the screen to the base to cure the glue. And that's it!

Honestly, I would take this solution rather than returning my unit (even for new unit) which is already proven having no OS and hardware problems plus the number of hours I've spent loading from back-up and side loading of Google Play including some Android apps / games - not to mention the month of getting replacement.

Posted via CB10
    Before you do the Mighty Bond technique check first if your Passport is not slightly twisted. I also had this lifting issue, which I fixed by twisting the frame back to it's position. You can test if you passport is twisted by putting it flat on a table, you will notice that it doesn't rest evenly on the table. So twist it accordingly. Twisting it is hard but after a few attempts my Passport is now flat, a gentle push on the screen and the lifting is gone.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:03 AM
    I've been considering using super glue for the past month or so, but haven't been able to convince myself to do it. After hearing your positive experience, I think I'm going to finally do it.
    Before you put super glue see first if your Passport is twisted. Putting superglue on a twisted frame will put the pressure on your screen. Your screen might eventually crack if the frame is indeed twisted.

Posted via CB10
    flyinjack likes this.
    05-11-15 01:34 AM
    i'm one of this lucky guys who have no Problems at all with the Passport.
    05-11-15 02:23 AM
    Probably correct on that theory since the phone twists before it pops up the screen. But, I carry it in my front slacks pocket. Loose, I'm not a skinny jeans guy. If it can't survive that normal mode of carry it's just not a good customer experience. I'll admit it's a large phone and its an untested form factor so things happen. I love the phone. I just wish that for once BlackBerry would step up and say oops, we have a lift issue and we'll fix the experience for affected customers. As for me, I only buy the carrier unlocked phones so I'm moving on. I might try a classic or I might try a Samsung, I haven't decided yet. I really really want to stay with a reliable and pocket proof BlackBerry if I can find one without going back to a bold.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 02:26 AM
    My screen started lifting 6 months after I purchased. Ordered on release day.

They sent me a replacement and it's working great so far. Even has better battery life.

Time will tell if it's fixed or not. I assume it has to do with overheating, and the glue that holds the screen down getting loose with the heat. Not a scientific theory though haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:55 AM
    Have you tried a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, in the last year this is what I've purchased for my family. I came back to BlackBerry from Apple March 2014 with a Q10. Loved the phone for 3 month until it started double typing the point of being dysfunctional. I gave the Q10 to my son who promptly broke it. He has a Q5 now which works perfectly. I moved to a Z10. Nice phone but unusable battery life for me. It would die by noon every day. I ordered a Passport in December. It arrived with a non functioning space bar. Amazon replaced it overnight. I immediately put the replacement phone in a hard case. Apparently a hard case isn't enough to prevent screen lift since I now have it in May. My wife got a passport in December also. Put it in a hard case and carried it in her purse. Messed up screen. I don't carry her phone though so I won't guarantee she babied it like I did mine. Then I bought a Z30 for my mother. I love the Z30 best so far but I'm on ATT so I can't use LTE in my location with it since the one band I need isn't usable. Bottom line. The only two phones that have not been a problem for me are the Q5 and Z30. I'm having a 40% success rate with my return to BlackBerry. I took the leap and left your competitor BlackBerry now do your part and keep me. So far Amazon has rescued you with customer service. My current experience is BlackBerry saw my tweet on the screen lift and sent me a link to open an incident for an Amazon purchased factory unlocked handset. The site said the handset wasn't purchased via Amazon when I entered my PIN. So I gave BlackBerry my Amazon purchase order and they said they would try to figure it out. I'm currently waiting to see how they treat me compared to how their competitors treated me.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:13 AM
    Until they redesign a unit that is screwed together like the Q10 and Bold 9900, this manufacturing problem will never be fixed.

Come on Blackberry, get your act together!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and dejanh like this.
    05-11-15 12:09 PM
    Before you do the Mighty Bond technique check first if your Passport is not slightly twisted. I also had this lifting issue, which I fixed by twisting the frame back to it's position. You can test if you passport is twisted by putting it flat on a table, you will notice that it doesn't rest evenly on the table. So twist it accordingly. Twisting it is hard but after a few attempts my Passport is now flat, a gentle push on the screen and the lifting is gone.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advice. But it was too late! Anyway, the 'super glue' is doing its job properly - that is based on my personal experience.

Actually, the first time I've noticed that problem, I've sent my Passport to BlackBerry authorised service centre. And what they did is, as you mentioned, they test the level and alignment of my unit, lift the entire screen and fix it with some sort of double sided tape. But the problem still occurred after few days. It is not actually that visible unless you are in a darkroom because you can see lights bleeding on the right side of the screen (on letter 'P' area). When I return to the same service centre, they told me that they will send my unit back to BlackBerry for replacement and it will probably take 20 to 30 days (based on their experiences and since BlackBerry is not acknowledging that faulty designed issue).

I was already reading a lot here in CB and becoming aware of other issues. And since I haven't experience the other issues with my unit, I don't want to take the risk of getting another unit with the possibility of having another issues (other than 'screen lifting') and decided to try what other user suggested having the same screen lifting problem. And so far, I'm happy with that decision - specially that I got another Passport (a white one) which having 'over heating' and 'double typing' issues. I didn't bother to fix it as being suggested here in CB. Instead, I sent it back immediately for replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement has also the same problem with added 'screen flickering' issue. And now, still waiting the 2nd replacement for more than a month... what to do?

If I sent back my black Passport and received replacement with different issues, I wouldn't surely buy the second Passport...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 12:45 PM
    Well, I fixed my screen issue, sort of. I have a BlackBerry Classic arriving today LOL. That baby is going into an Otterbox day one. My passport days are over.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 08:02 AM
    I think screen lifting is widespread issue. Sent mine back to Toronto-after about a month the replacement phone was sent to me. After a week of use, the screen is lifting off the right side again!!! I give up!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:56 PM
    I have a hard rear case and screen lifting still occured

Posted via CB10
    FalkirkEagle likes this.
    05-15-15 01:58 PM
    BlΛckbΣЯЯy ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    05-15-15 02:03 PM
    it is all about weak steel frame. This week i disassemble my phone for to fix my screen lifting issue. When i checked frame. i saw that it was slightly twisted. After flattening it, screen lifting has gone.

But if you afraid to teardown it, you can apply some kind of super glue to fix it.

I advice super glue method because you can twist frame easily at minimum twisting level. But if you try to twist it completely, it is practically impossible. You have to try very hard. So minumum twister can just use super glue.
    05-15-15 04:09 PM
    Well, when you keep the Passport in your back pocket and sit on it you may experience a screen lift or worse...
    I have my pp for 6 months, I had screen flickering issues, I had software issues because I installed leakes... but I had no integrity issues, rock solid; however, nevar had carried it in my pants pockets and sat on it or bent it
    05-15-15 04:25 PM
    Well, when you keep the Passport in your back pocket and sit on it you may experience a screen lift or worse...
    I have my pp for 6 months, I had screen flickering issues, I had software issues because I installed leakes... but I had no integrity issues, rock solid; however, nevar had carried it in my pants pockets and sat on it or bent it
    Actually, you don't have to sit on it for minimum twisting.
    05-15-15 04:32 PM
    Actually, you don't have to sit on it for minimum twisting.
    True. I use loose pants most of the time. Place in front pocket. It got twisted anyway.
    Maybe others can check as well. Just. Place your phone face down on glass table, tap on every corner. You can tell when it is twisted. If twisted, just twist back.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 10:55 PM
    So how are you guys carrying it around, if it doesn't go in your pocket?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:36 AM
    Have carried it everyday since last November in my front pocket. No twisting at all. I suspect I am part of the majority who carry PP in frnt pocket. It hard to believe carrying in front pocket can twist the frame. Would have thought it would happens to me by now. At 7 months and no twisting I suspect mine won't ever.
    05-16-15 12:51 AM
    I went and got the seidio case and the holster just because of this issue. So far, no problems

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:50 AM
    True. I use loose pants most of the time. Place in front pocket. It got twisted anyway.
    Maybe others can check as well. Just. Place your phone face down on glass table, tap on every corner. You can tell when it is twisted. If twisted, just twist back.

Posted via CB10
    For just to clarify; it can't be understand clearly if it was twisted or not without teardown. There is two reason;

1- black frame around screen; any side of it may be higher or lower. my headphone jack side frame is thicker than the right side. So i can't check the screen by this way.

2- This phone has physical keyboard as you know. Any button may be placed higher and when you check for twisting. it may mislead you.

I offer mine method without teardown. Place your phone as shown given image and push below of X and M buttons. İt avoids imbalance that may be occurred by camare bulge.
    Did BlackBerry fix the screen lift issue?-kar-yaka-20150516-00097.jpg
    05-16-15 01:56 AM
    Have carried it everyday since last November in my front pocket. No twisting at all. I suspect I am part of the majority who carry PP in frnt pocket. It hard to believe carrying in front pocket can twist the frame. Would have thought it would happens to me by now. At 7 months and no twisting I suspect mine won't ever.
    I place in front pants pocket as well. Never on the back pocket. You probably using hard case. With hard case twisting is minimal. Since mine is naked. It's very prone to twisting. To avoid lifting caused by twisting. Using a hard case is very recommended.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:41 PM
    Okay, I'm not going to worry about it. I've had it since purchasing new in November, with a combination of the Tudia soft-shell case and rocking it naked, and I don't have any screen lift or "warping" problems. I have a beautiful LUCRIN leather sleeve on the way that will provide minimal protection (mainly from scratches) whilst allowing me to continue to use it naked. It's been carried around in my front pant pockets (jeans on weekend, suit on weekdays) all this time, so if it were going to warp, I imagine I would have seen something by now.

Follow-up question: is it just the first few runs of the black Passport that are affected? Or are the white ones and red ones affected as well?
    05-16-15 01:41 PM
139 1234 ...