Have any AT&T passport owners experienced this issue? I'm quite curious about this issue with the AT&T variant.

I have an AT&T version that has the bodyglove case and it always goes in the holster unless I'm carrying it in my jacket pocket.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:17 PM
    I wonder if it's a coincidence that the screen lift always seems to be reported to be in the top right hand corner and that's also where it gets hottest when e.g. charging battery while playing a graphics-intensive game. Poor choice of glue on the early units maybe? Repairers going off the original parts list and using the same glue to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 07:32 AM
    Actually it's bottom right corner

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 11:33 AM
    Actually it's bottom right corner

Posted via CB10
    Guess that's a "no" then.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:44 PM
    Probably correct on that theory since the phone twists before it pops up the screen. But, I carry it in my front slacks pocket. Loose, I'm not a skinny jeans guy. If it can't survive that normal mode of carry it's just not a good customer experience. I'll admit it's a large phone and its an untested form factor so things happen. I love the phone. I just wish that for once BlackBerry would step up and say oops, we have a lift issue and we'll fix the experience for affected customers. As for me, I only buy the carrier unlocked phones so I'm moving on. I might try a classic or I might try a Samsung, I haven't decided yet. I really really want to stay with a reliable and pocket proof BlackBerry if I can find one without going back to a bold.

Posted via CB10
    In all the years I have been on here the only time I have noticed them admit to an oops is the Z30's screen death by OS.
    05-17-15 06:48 PM
    I have hard case and keep device in back pocket

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:27 AM
    Have any AT&T passport owners experienced this issue? I'm quite curious about this issue with the AT&T variant.

I have an AT&T version that has the bodyglove case and it always goes in the holster unless I'm carrying it in my jacket pocket.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T version's frame has same thickness at every side so i think it avoids warping and also lifting.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:45 PM
    Just had my screen start lifting on att passport.. top right hand corner, taking it back this week for replacement. Been in a body glove case the whole time. Also has the double type issue as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:55 PM
    Would be nice to know who manufacturers the screen!

LeapSTR100-1/10.3......
    05-20-15 09:35 AM
    It must be the glue issue which keep the screen and screen frame together.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:02 AM
    Updated mine to latest beta OS and had no screen lifting issue whatsoever.

/s

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-20-15 10:05 AM
    I have the att passport it has been in the body glove case and put in my front pocket when not at home or driving. I have screen lift issue bottom right by the p key. Took into att dsc and they contacted the warranty for att since they don't carry the passport in stock (would have walked out with an exchange right then and there if they did!) was told they don't consider the screen lift to be a warranty covered issue???!!! If I wanted to send it in and they determined it was indeed not a covered warranty issue I would be on the hook for the cost pretty much full retail. The DSC tech advised me to contact BlackBerry since it was clearly a hardware issue. I contacted BlackBerry and they want me to go through att claim process since I purchased the phone from them(bunch of crap) 4 hours of phone calls over 2 days later still do not have a warranty claim. BlackBerry isnt willing to replace it and att just keeps me in a cycle of automated menus and when I get a rep they say it's wrong dept, their pc's are updating(suspiously 6 minutes before closing time) or just constant disconnections. All of these with Blackberry on the line supposedly to help with my claim. The customer service reps at BlackBerry admit it is a hardware issue and is elible for return had I purchased thru amazon or shopblackberry but cause I bought thru the carrier I MUST use their warranty service (Asurion). Finally today the supervisor tried to contact att and was unsuccessful so no promises were made but he is trying to get my RMA approved thru BlackBerry and asked me to give him 24-48 hours. Otherwise I will have to keep trying thru att. This whole process is Bull. If you buy a tv,bicycle, vacuum or any other consumer goods and are in need of manufacturers warranty service those companies stand behind their product and help not stand behind their agreement with their resellers and give you(the consumer) the run around just to get coverage for an issue that is clearly covered under any manufacturers warranty!!! I hope they come thru but this process is very frustrating and shouldn't be!!!! BTW the Asurion rep already told the DSC tech it wouldn't be covered it HAD to have happened from me dropping the phone!!! The DSC tech inspected my phone and found no such tell tale damage which is no surprise to me since I never dropped it. I have since come on here and find many others with same issue!!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:52 PM
    With att just tell them your phone keeps rebooting or something along those lines and they will swap it out no problem

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:25 PM
    Just contacted AT&T, they don't honor anything unless it's stated as a problem in their system. The lifting screen is not one of them. Apparently att sells worthless warranties and refuses to replace unless you pay for an insurance claim or 500 compliance fee... the cs rep also said they had not been notified by blackberry that this was even an issue! They said the only issue was a hot battery for the classic while charging.

I'm gonna keep after this with AT&T! Just because it's not a problem in the system doesn't mean it doesn't exist! It should be treated as any other defect and honored, otherwise what in the heck is the point of a warranty?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:21 PM
    I have the att passport it has been in the body glove case and put in my front pocket when not at home or driving. I have screen lift issue bottom right by the p key. Took into att dsc and they contacted the warranty for att since they don't carry the passport in stock (would have walked out with an exchange right then and there if they did!) was told they don't consider the screen lift to be a warranty covered issue???!!! If I wanted to send it in and they determined it was indeed not a covered warranty issue I would be on the hook for the cost pretty much full retail. The DSC tech advised me to contact BlackBerry since it was clearly a hardware issue. I contacted BlackBerry and they want me to go through att claim process since I purchased the phone from them(bunch of crap) 4 hours of phone calls over 2 days later still do not have a warranty claim. BlackBerry isnt willing to replace it and att just keeps me in a cycle of automated menus and when I get a rep they say it's wrong dept, their pc's are updating(suspiously 6 minutes before closing time) or just constant disconnections. All of these with Blackberry on the line supposedly to help with my claim. The customer service reps at BlackBerry admit it is a hardware issue and is elible for return had I purchased thru amazon or shopblackberry but cause I bought thru the carrier I MUST use their warranty service (Asurion). Finally today the supervisor tried to contact att and was unsuccessful so no promises were made but he is trying to get my RMA approved thru BlackBerry and asked me to give him 24-48 hours. Otherwise I will have to keep trying thru att. This whole process is Bull. If you buy a tv,bicycle, vacuum or any other consumer goods and are in need of manufacturers warranty service those companies stand behind their product and help not stand behind their agreement with their resellers and give you(the consumer) the run around just to get coverage for an issue that is clearly covered under any manufacturers warranty!!! I hope they come thru but this process is very frustrating and shouldn't be!!!! BTW the Asurion rep already told the DSC tech it wouldn't be covered it HAD to have happened from me dropping the phone!!! The DSC tech inspected my phone and found no such tell tale damage which is no surprise to me since I never dropped it. I have since come on here and find many others with same issue!!

Posted via CB10
    I feel you bro...

The problem is, BlackBerry is listening to those lucky users who didn't pickup defective units (such as 'screen lifting') and doesn't consider 'screen lifting' (and other valid defects) as manufacturing defects. As what the service centre is saying, the process of replacement should be easy IF and only IF, BlackBerry is acknowledging those defects as factory defects...

Again, someone is going to claim that their Passport is perfect (even when not ask to) and emphasised that it is users' fault...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:45 PM
    I like to make maximum twister. For steel bender.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:04 PM
    I will be one of those that says all the Passports in the house are perfect without screen lifting, but I'm not disqualifying what has happened to others. One from launch, one from November, one a month old or so from AT&T. I've always had this in the back of my head though as a possible issue that I am definitely not looking forward to if it happens.

Those that recommend a "hard case" what exactly are you referring to? My launch Passport had the hard shell on for months and was dropped a handful of times. One drop split the hard shell in half leaving the Passport undamaged. I recently changed from the hard shell to the leather hard shell and they are basically the same with the leather giving a much more premium look to the device.

The other Passport from November has a Amzer shell holster on now which just snaps on the sides and offers nothing on the top/bottom or corners, and the AT&T Passport is now naked with a Skinomi skin due to lack of feminine cases (pink skin for my mom). Thought the AT&T version was immune, but I made her add insurance anyway so not really concerned. The deductible isn't much and worth the peace of mind until the price comes down then she can drop the insurance.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is does this seem random or has the hard shell on the original launch Passport protected it? Is the Amzer shell sufficient or would I be better off putting the spare hard shell back on? Hate these threads... while I have had no issues I can see that there are those that have and now question changing to the Amzer Shellster.

P.S. - Had my launch Passport sitting in the sun while I was doing housework and when I picked it up the BaSA app said the Passport was 128F. I freaked out expecting the screen to start lifting off, but it's been a week since that incident and no issues as of now. Also worth noting I never put my phones in my pockets. Just a bad habit I've always had. Friend has been telling me for years that I'm lucky the device doesn't get stolen since at bars/clubs I just set the device on the bar or throw it down wherever with my coat. Not sure if this factors in to my Passports having no issues with the lifting.

Also, sorry for those that have had this issue. It's really hard to decipher how widespread this is considering this is a message board and more posts will be questions/problems by default.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:24 PM
    I don't think this issue was or ever will be fixed. It's a design flaw.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-21-15 01:38 AM
    Has anyone gone through the blackberry protection plan about the screen lifting issue?

via Z10-ER
    05-21-15 01:56 AM
    I've contacted blackberry about the issue and was told they won't replace it since I bought it from AT&T. AT&T wont replace it even with 280 days left on the warranty unless told specifically by blackberry that it is an issue.. Warranties apparently mean squat these days, I guess. If I send it in I'll get a 500 dollar charge, insurance claim is almost 200, this is absolutely unreal! It's a brand new phone without a single scuff or scratch.

I have wasted so much time on the phone, almost want to cut the losses and move on. Just go back to the Z10 and call it a day.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:48 AM
    I don't think this issue was or ever will be fixed. It's a design flaw.

Posted via CB10
    Is a class-action the only way to bring Blackberry (and John Chen) to address this fault?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 05:17 AM
    Sounds like those of you with Asurion need to chuck the damn thing on the ground and break it to claim you dropped it. I feel for those that have this issue and the run around. BB should stand up and replace them as long as there is no evidence of damage. Just another thing that makes most people avoid BB like the plague.
    05-21-15 11:53 AM
    I'd gladly chuck this thing on the ground at this point, but insurance is for a fault of mine. I don't want to pay a company for a defect. They must be held accountable for their warranties, otherwise their brand becomes garbage. This goes for AT&T and BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BruceFlea478; 05-21-15 at 01:20 PM.
    kbz1960 and ProjectBrett like this.
    05-21-15 12:46 PM
    I'm interested if BlackBerry acted on the obviously serious and widespread issue: screen lift on the Passport. Did they ever bother to fix this on a production line? Did the recently manufactured Passports (Jan-Mar 2015) get rid of this issue or did BlackBerry choose to ignore the problem and keep sending those replacements?

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    No, and they never will. If they had any intention of sorting this problem (ant every single passport I have purchased has it - including my red one) they would have:

1) Formally acknowledged the problem.
    2) Spent 10 cents on each phone by improving the quality of adhesive used.

PS - Aalso, they will never ever bother to sort out the double typing issue caused by their decision to use inferior quality materials in all BB10 keyboards.

Again, I will not reply to mentally ill fanboys they pretend this is not a widespread problem.

Cheers,

Chris
    05-21-15 02:36 PM
    No, and they never will. If they had any intention of sorting this problem (ant every single passport I have purchased has it - including my red one) they would have:

1) Formally acknowledged the problem.
    2) Spent 10 cents on each phone by improving the quality of adhesive used.

PS - Aalso, they will never ever bother to sort out the double typing issue caused by their decision to use inferior quality materials in all BB10 keyboards.

Again, I will not reply to mentally ill fanboys they pretend this is not a widespread problem.

Cheers,

Chris
    The muppets (sorry Kermit and friends).

They could have designed the unit such that _manufacture_ required that the screen was captive under a smaller frame. I may be wrong, but I think that the Q10 enjoys this design. Any Q10 "screen-lift" problems? No! So there you have it.

I also realise from the on-line videos that dis-assembling the Passport requires a LOT of screws. So the unit itself is screwed together. Very good.

Which begs the question: "Why would they glue the screen to the backplane?". Blackberry deserve to be slammed in the press and elsewhere until they admit to their fault and offer ALL owners an immediate, free solution to this Blackberry defect.

Anything less means a lot more iPhone 6 buyers.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 04:10 PM
139 12345 ...