Hi all, sorry if this is covered anywhere already but so far what I have read has not solved my questions.

My new passport will arrive on Tuesday so my Z10 can be retired. One thing I am wondering is if it matters to use device switch or Blackberry id. I have no pictures, music, files etc on the Z10 that i would like to copy to the Passport. So that would leave my only with apps right? Because email, calendar and contacts accounts I can just add anew to the passport. Can I then not just sign in with my Blackberry id on the passport (without the device switch) so that i just download any apps already purchased?

Also, for device switch would i need the micro sim on the Z10 and the nano sim on the passport to be both activated? I'm keeping my number so I assume as soon as the nano sim is activated the micro sim in the Z10 will become obsolete. Is that a problem with device switch?

Thanks very much for any assistance!!
    01-11-15 03:14 PM
    No there won't be any problem with it. After all what you prefer to use which method best suits you. If you want to keeps your calls logs and messages then I would suggest use the BlackBerry Link otherwise you can just just use your current BlackBerry ID on the new device and still be able to re-download all previously bought apps.

And no, you don't need to have both sim card activated at the same card. Just switch your number to nano sim card will be fine and enjoy!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-11-15 03:22 PM
    Also, for device switch would i need the micro sim on the Z10 and the nano sim on the passport to be both activated? I'm keeping my number so I assume as soon as the nano sim is activated the micro sim in the Z10 will become obsolete. Is that a problem with device switch?

Thanks very much for any assistance!!
    Is best if you remove the sim from the z10 to avoid any conflicts with your passport sim
    01-11-15 03:26 PM
    Is best if you remove the sim from the z10 to avoid any conflicts with your passport sim
    Thanks!! Should i only remove it if i use device switch or regardless ? And if i remove the sim from the Z10, is my BlackBerry ID also automatically disconnected on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 03:32 PM
    Thanks!! Should i only remove it if i use device switch or regardless ? And if i remove the sim from the Z10, is my BlackBerry ID also automatically disconnected on the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Regardless and no as long as you don't security wipe it, just be aware (assuming you don't know this) BBM will be active in only one device at the time
    01-11-15 04:08 PM
    Clean installs are a good idea, :-D
    regardless of whether we're talking phones, Windows, Linux, etc...

If you use device switch, expect some residue from your potentially crusty old Z10 (was just about to say XP!) installation to carry over...

  A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...  
    01-11-15 04:09 PM
    Clean installs are a good idea, :-D
    regardless of whether we're talking phones, Windows, Linux, etc...

If you use device switch, expect some residue from your potentially crusty old Z10 (was just about to say XP!) installation to carry over...
    This is what i was thinking as well . Will give it a shot tomorrow !

Thanks everyone for the assistance, greatly appreciated
    01-12-15 03:38 AM