It's strange, I am getting this error whenever I try to run the camera app in my Passport and I know I have nothing else running with at least 1.2GB RAM still available.

Storage has plenty of space available (19.26GB) on board.
    CPU usage is only about 10% to 15%

It works after a reboot but this is pain in the **** when I have to take a quick picture.
    12-22-15 10:37 PM
    This have been happening not only on Passport, but on other BlackBerry 10 devices as well. The real culprit has not yet been identified, but one user has some explanation:

In any case, camera not started is caused by some app taking control of camera but not relinquishing it, causing other apps to not be able to use the camera. This can happen to the native Camera app itself, and so the only cure is through restart
    So there, all you have to do is restart.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-22-15 10:50 PM
    Happens when i use hdr mode then exit and try to get back to it. Same with camera++ and using ev bracket mode.
    12-23-15 03:07 AM
    So there, all you have to do is restart.
    Not really convenient since you never know it's going to happen, and BB10 is not the fastest to boot especially if you need to take a picture most of the time you need to take it right at that moment, but let's hope BBRY did not abandon BB10 and will issue 10.4 one day..
    12-23-15 03:39 PM
    Happens when i use hdr mode then exit and try to get back to it. Same with camera++ and using ev bracket mode.
    Yeah, it's not really an app/software issues, it sounds like a hardware issue where camera hardware thinks it shouldn't run because the system as overall is running out of space, even storage space for the buffer because it won't even show the camera preview.
    12-23-15 03:40 PM
    Yeah, it's not really an app/software issues, it sounds like a hardware issue where camera hardware thinks it shouldn't run because the system as overall is running out of space, even storage space for the buffer because it won't even show the camera preview.
    Definitely a software issue, not hardware. The hardware is just sitting there, the software is what commands it to function.

12-23-15 08:41 PM
    Even I'm getting the same problem. After checking in memory used, found that "browser" app occupied large space.
    If I'm not wrong 3rd party app we can free up space but the same we cannot do with inbuilt apps of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:03 PM