Hey all. The company i work for is allowing a BYOD policy for iPhones and Androids. for the last 18 months I have had either the Z10 or the Passport on the email system. We use OWA with Active Sync to push to the devices with an MDM in the middle. With the new policy they will be booting me off - which is annoying since the PP is way more a productive tool for me. Since the Security Officer can see my device as BBPP -> I would like to be able to emulate a S3 or S4 so that when he "sees" the device - he sees the S4 and I still can do my work.

The Local IT admin also has a BB and is pissed so - he is willing to turn a blind eye IF i can emulate the S4/3.

And yes - the Security Office is stuck in the 80's and thinks that the iPhone is a secure device.... Even though I have discussed with him the benefits of BES.... vendetta I must say.... So before you pass judgement on me - If there is no way to do this, I will simply use the Browser in the PP and enter the OWA that way as a final result.
    03-21-15 04:28 AM
    That sucks.

My company just bumped all POP email clients to increase security. Thankfully I'm connecting using Activesync on my Passport.

Working WIDE T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 Sachesi Update to 10.3.1.2582
    03-21-15 11:57 AM
    Maybe it's as simple as changing the name of your device. I think the secure nature of our BB's will keep you from being able to do what you want. Unless you write some sort of VPN tunneling app that will spoof the identifying information being sent to your company which they may not like.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 12:36 PM