I believe we need a certified ethical hacker to help us achieve the right way to check if the encryption is correctly implemented in the device. I consider for the best if he reach me via PM
    Does encrypting the SD card still "break"? Since, unlike the device storage, it's a standard filesystem readable through standard methods.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 01-29-17 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Removed personal info
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    01-29-17 03:11 PM
    Does encrypting the SD card still "break"? Since, unlike the device storage, it's a standard filesystem readable through standard methods.
    As I said in my previous posts that media card encryption is functioning correctly it is not broken what's broken is the device encryption
    01-31-17 03:48 PM
    As I said in my previous posts that media card encryption is functioning correctly it is not broken what's broken is the device encryption
    Occam's razor: did the BlackBerry and NIAP engineers just "miss" this, or is something else going on that YOU simply don't understand?
    01-31-17 03:54 PM
    Occam's razor: did the BlackBerry and NIAP engineers just "miss" this, or is something else going on that YOU simply don't understand?
    I believe we had our argument quite enough if you still have anything to say I want you to support it with real evidence, not assumptions and writing in caps won't help either
    02-01-17 01:48 PM
    I believe we had our argument quite enough if you still have anything to say I want you to support it with real evidence, not assumptions and writing in caps won't help either
    You have no evidence either, beyond simply that it doesn't take as long under 10.3.3, compared to previous - which is not evidence at all.

DTEK60 / Z30
    02-01-17 01:55 PM
    You have no evidence either, beyond simply that it doesn't take as long under 10.3.3, compared to previous - which is not evidence at all.

DTEK60 / Z30
    It does not follow logically in my previous post I said we had a symptom that device encryption is not loading and running in the device it just shows done with no real-time encryption process then I said we need an ethical hacker to show us a way to check if device encryption is functioning and implemented correctly.
    You were replying with ignorance all the time without even supporting your assertion and proving me wrong, at least get a help from someone and show me in my face that device encryption is active and device's storage is encrypted!
    02-02-17 08:18 AM
    It does not follow logically in my previous post I said we had a symptom that device encryption is not loading and running in the device it just shows done with no real-time encryption process then I said we need an ethical hacker to show us a way to check if device encryption is functioning and implemented correctly.
    You were replying with ignorance all the time without even supporting your assertion and proving me wrong, at least get a help from someone and show me in my face that device encryption is active and device's storage is encrypted!
    But you keep stating emphatically that "device encryption IS broken".

That's the only thing I'm objecting to.
    02-02-17 11:15 AM
    Look, if device encryption is this important then go buy other devices to see if it's your device or the OS causing these so called "problems" that you have nothing other than "but it should be slower!!!1!" to back yourself up with. It's much easier to test that way instead of hoping an "ethical hacker" who both knows what BB10 is and cares about it can come around and test for you, since the Venn diagram for "people who care" and "people who can do what you're asking" is two circles on opposite sides of the room.
    02-02-17 11:44 AM
    But you keep stating emphatically that "device encryption IS broken".

That's the only thing I'm objecting to.
    As I said prove me wrong or stop arguing with me!
    02-02-17 12:40 PM
    Look, if device encryption is this important then go buy other devices to see if it's your device or the OS causing these so called "problems" that you have nothing other than "but it should be slower!!!1!" to back yourself up with. It's much easier to test that way instead of hoping an "ethical hacker" who both knows what BB10 is and cares about it can come around and test for you, since the Venn diagram for "people who care" and "people who can do what you're asking" is two circles on opposite sides of the room.
    If you read my posts you will find that this has been already solved. Besides I was asking for a professional help on this case and if your finding it impossible please keep your opinion for yourself!
    02-02-17 12:45 PM
    As I said prove me wrong or stop arguing with me!
    The burden of proof is on you, as you went directly from hypothesis to conclusion.
    02-02-17 12:53 PM
    The burden of proof is on you, as you went directly from hypothesis to conclusion.
    If I concluded I wouldn't be asking for a proof would I? Look to make you feel better "Device Encryption Might Be Broken Until Further Notice" but promise me you'll stop arguing with me about this non sense.
    02-02-17 01:05 PM
    promise me you'll stop arguing with me about this proof non sense.
    Check.
    02-02-17 01:07 PM
    Check.
    I edited my post. I don't want it to be misunderstood. I removed the word "proof" at the end since you quoted half what I said.
    02-02-17 01:15 PM
    My fellow readers I am really dedicated to test the encryption but the process seems to need an expert until then we shall wait for the next update 10.3.4 which Blackberry promised for our device with the hope for Blackberry to further explain this glitch see you soon
    02-02-17 01:22 PM
    My fellow readers I am really dedicated to test the encryption but the process seems to need an expert until then we shall wait for the next update 10.3.4 which Blackberry promised for our device with the hope for Blackberry to further explain this glitch see you soon
    I don't think it's coming.

They said 10.3.3 in March 2016, and 10.3.4 by Feb 2017. Since 10.3.3 came in Feb 2017, that's probably it.

Again, you're calling this a "glitch" where there may be none.
    02-02-17 01:27 PM
    I don't think it's coming.

They said 10.3.3 in March 2016, and 10.3.4 by Feb 2017. Since 10.3.3 came in Feb 2017, that's probably it.

Again, you're calling this a "glitch" where there may be none.
    You seem to not understand me I said if you have evidence to oppose my opinion throw it on the table but if you are just replying like some kind of a robot who just opposes others opinions from assumptions then keep them for yourself.
    Unless you have evidence to prove Device Encryption is not broken. I don't want to hear you nagging!
    02-02-17 11:33 PM
    You seem to not understand me I said if you have evidence to oppose my opinion throw it on the table but if you are just replying like some kind of a robot who just opposes others opinions from assumptions then keep them for yourself.
    Unless you have evidence to prove Device Encryption is not broken. I don't want to hear you nagging!
    conite has a right to express his opinion. You have a right to yours too, until it gets personal. Let's cool it down a tad, and stay on topic.

Thank you!
    02-02-17 11:44 PM
68 123