Just got my Passport after Z10 and love it. I was going to sideload Snap but don't have the option to turn on development mode as it's greyed out. Something about an IT policy. I'm on vodafone UK. Anyone any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:23 PM
    Use Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:24 PM
    Where can I find instructions on how to?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:25 PM
    No need for development mode, USB cables and additional software anymore to access Google Play.

Go and download the real Google Play Store for your Z10:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    anon(153966) and big_dog43 like this.
    05-29-15 04:25 PM
    Thanks Cobalt I'll use your instructions. Appreciate the hard work you've put in.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:42 PM
    For the record, Snap doesn't require development mode.
    05-29-15 05:46 PM
    Sorry Elessar.cm I was following the instructions in a CB forum. Is there a more up to date method without going into development mode.
    05-30-15 07:25 AM
    Sorry Elessar.cm I was following the instructions in a CB forum. Is there a more up to date method without going into development mode.
    There are several ways to go about it. I find this the easiest option, especially for those with little experience side-loading.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Un-archive the exe file (currently a 7zip file)
    3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    4. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    5. Plug your device into your computer.
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    7. Click on the install tab.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    9. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.
    05-30-15 09:57 AM
    9 steps versus 3, and then still can't buy any apps from the device ;-)
    moegh and idhbar like this.
    05-30-15 10:02 AM
    Get cobalt's Google play it's better

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    05-30-15 10:13 AM
    9 steps versus 3, and then still can't buy any apps from the device ;-)
    Lol. The OP's original question was about Snap. I'm not debating the merits of Snap vs. G-Play. Many don't purchase apps, so Snap is fine for their purposes.

I suppose I could have broken it down into broader steps: Download Sachesi and Snap, install Sachesi, install Snap. But the process I listed is intentionally broken down into more and simpler steps, intended for the uninitiated. Not everyone is an expert.
    05-30-15 10:24 AM
    Lol. The OP's original question was about Snap. I'm not debating the merits of Snap vs. G-Play. Many don't purchase apps, so Snap is fine for their purposes.

I suppose I could have broken it down into broader steps: Download Sachesi and Snap, install Sachesi, install Snap. But the process I listed is intentionally broken down into more and simpler steps, intended for the uninitiated. Not everyone is an expert.
    Agreed. Maybe I'm just not a fan of sideloading. It's one of the worst things Blackberry could do.
    05-30-15 11:07 AM
    Agreed. Maybe I'm just not a fan of sideloading. It's one of the worst things Blackberry could do.
    I'm glad that I can still sideload. There are certain apps that have been updated and will not work on BlackBerry 10, but I have the bar for the older version of the apps saved on my laptop. Was easy enough when I used SACHESI + I use SACHESI for non-destructive updates as well.

At some point I plan on trying out the actual Google Play Store. I'm sure a lot of effort went into it and every now and then there is an app that I'd purchase if I could. Currently use Snap. Have had Snap for a while on all of my BB10s. Already have the Snap bar downloaded as well. Put Snap on my mom's Passport (just drag and drop) when she got it to supplement the Amazon app store.

The GPS seems easy enough to install though and, from the instructions, can be done from the device without using a PC if I'm reading them correctly. A bit of OCD, but will give it a shot when I have some time to install on all of my BB10s.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 12:52 PM
    Again agreed. But why doesn't Blackberry allow to install BAR files directly on the device. It could be restricted with security policies for company use. Sideloading is crap.
    05-30-15 01:03 PM

I came into this thread expecting to write basic step by step instructions, but you beat me to it lol. You definitely wrote it out easy enough rather than download SACHESI and Snap, open SACHESI, drop the Snap bar into SACHESI. It is that simple, but the first time is always tricky especially if you aren't sure if you are doing the right thing or clicking the right thing with the obvious fear of messing up the device.

As for Snap vs GPS... for me it's just a matter of doing it the first time then I'd likely add it to my devices and the family's devices. None of us really purchase apps so Snap has been fine. Since the BlackBerry 10 launch, the only app I purchased has been the Battery and System Analyzer app which I still use and think it is an awesome app that compliments the device monitor well on 10.3. Well worth the purchase especially since I can use it on five devices without purchasing five times lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 01:03 PM
    Again agreed. But why doesn't Blackberry allow to install BAR files directly on the device. It could be restricted with security policies for company use. Sideloading is crap.
    Obviously can't answer for BlackBerry... probably a part hypothetical question anyway, but would be nice. I guess being able to install an apk directly was the major upgrade with 10.2.1.

Again, I will def eventually get around to installing the Google Play Store and if all goes well I'll likely donate a bit if the option is there as I'm sure you worked hard on getting it on BlackBerry 10 for us. Definitely appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 01:09 PM
    tried using your instructions when I when to install Google account manager the install button is greyed out. Any suggestions?
    05-30-15 03:08 PM
    Gone to app manager to allow third party apps but it's greyed out too
    05-30-15 03:44 PM
    Gone to app manager to allow third party apps but it's greyed out too
    Did you complete the tutorial at the beginning of when you first got your phone? Try a restart?

-Do you envy my Passport much?-
    05-30-15 04:26 PM
    Deleted my works account. Allowed third party apps. Followed cobalts method. Success in no time and downloading from Google play. Many thanks cobalt will make donation
    05-30-15 04:43 PM