What does everyone use for management of BB nowadays? I want to move files and sideload apk files. Also move stuff to SD card. I tried the chrome extension but cant seem to install apks
    04-25-20 03:14 PM
    What does everyone use for management of BB nowadays? I want to move files and sideload apk files. Also move stuff to SD card. I tried the chrome extension but cant seem to install apks
    You don't sideload apk files. Just tap on them to install.
    04-25-20 03:54 PM
    You don't "sideload" Android apk files. You copy them directly to your device, either internal, or SD card, navigate to the file using the File Manager, tab the APK and it will install.

The Chrome Extension is for sideloading native bar files.

There are two other programs you install on your PC to do that as well - Sachesi, and Darcy's BlackBerry Tool (or DBBT), but they can also replace BB's own Link to do device backups and restores. And, you don't need to put the phone in developer mode at all.

For file copying from device to PC, I just plug the phone in with the USB cord, wait for the Y and Z drives to pop up (for internal and SD card), and just use the Windows File Explorer. However, since Windows 10, you have to turn on SMB v1 on - a bit of a slog to do, but nessecary to access the memory on a PC.

Other option is to turn USB Mass Storage Mode on for the phone. Then Windows sees just the SD card as removable storage, and use the Windows File Explorer on that. That option is actually a lot faster. The other method addresses the memory as network drives and is very slow as you progress through the directory structure. With Mass Storage mode on, the internal memory is not seen at all and only works when there's an SD card installed.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-25-20 04:03 PM
    Thanks. Getting to the SD card is all i really need. I did use bluetooth to send some apk files from my mac over and it worked well. Using the mass storage and copying files to SD is best for me. Thanks all
    04-25-20 04:09 PM