Just letting u all know ur phones that are os10 won't be supported after first of year with updates. And no new fones that are just os10. This is last time I spend one penny on any BlackBerry product. BlackBerry is the new commadore 64. What an honor.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and desimerollin like this.
    12-23-15 06:52 PM
    That's just my opinion btw. No inside info. Just based on past bad experience with playbook. It looking a lot like Deja etc etc

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 06:55 PM
    Well you forget all the clients they have and governments using BB10 so your words are way wrong
    12-23-15 06:59 PM
    Passport=playbook. Take it to the bank

Posted via CB10
    phoenix55 likes this.
    12-23-15 07:17 PM
    Just letting u all know ur phones that are os10 won't be supported after first of year with updates. And no new fones that are just os10. This is last time I spend one penny on any BlackBerry product. BlackBerry is the new commadore 64. What an honor.

Posted via CB10
    You're wrong. BlackBerry os10 will be supported in a limited fashion with software updates and new phones that don't have the latest hardware. This is how Chen will keep costs down in supporting os10.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-23-15 07:20 PM
    U are really naive.or wrong if u don't think John Chen won't abandone u. But ok. Good.luck

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 07:29 PM
    It will be more realistic to expect BB10 development stalls at some point in the future.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-23-15 07:34 PM
    Considering the Commodore 64 was the most successful PC of the 8-bit era which sold 12-17 million of them over 12 years, this would be pretty pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis, bungaboy and DaFoxGrey like this.
    12-23-15 07:39 PM
    It will be more realistic to expect BB10 development stalls at some point in the future.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Well, no duh! At some point in the future, development will stall, just like it will for every other Os in development.

12-23-15 07:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    You know something we dont?
    Oh and the commodore 64 was awesome.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 09:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes, still have fond memories of my commodore 64 and dataset.

It could be true that BB10 may slow down to just support releases. But is just opinion at this point.

I'm fairly new to the forum but am quickly realizing something . The Playbook left a lot of people deeply emotionally scared.

Guess I'm just too disconnected. When something like that happens to me I say, oh well, throw it in the trash and move on to the next new thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Last edited by paulbbp; 12-23-15 at 11:56 PM.
    texn884, Bobert_123 and Kesharik4 like this.
    12-23-15 09:37 PM
    He is acting like we are all going to die when Chen pull the BB10 Plug!
    Get a clue dude and get over the Playbook how long ago was that? Do other companies discontinue products and do you see people jumping out of windows because of it? Hel l no we move on and find something else they offer.
    paulbbp likes this.
    12-23-15 09:41 PM
    Some good things never last...

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 09:45 PM
    As you can see Steve is a new bee and is still holding his Playbook against his chest saying WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    paulbbp, bungaboy and beamolite like this.
    He is acting like we are all going to die when Chen pull the BB10 Plug!
    Get a clue dude and get over the Playbook how long ago was that? Do other companies discontinue products and do you see people jumping out of windows because of it? Hel l no we move on and find something else they offer.
    I jumped out of windows once. I softly landed on Ubuntu. Is it OK to do in that scenario?

I did grab a latter and climb back into the Window labeled 10 :-)

pkb0yz and texn884 like this.
    ......As I have said many times OS10 will still be around for a few years, yes it may not be updated or have new features but if the amount of OS7 devices still around and being used especially here (Jamaica) is anything to go by and even in the US that is a good indicator...as a segue into this the local phone store here was selling a new 9720 for over US$200+!!

Deja Vu all over again. Just like playbook. Bberry bails on loyal users [opinion]-img_20151216_091905.jpg

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2474
    David Tyler and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    12-23-15 10:40 PM
    I have a Playbook and also an Android tablet that's a year newer. Guess what? They're both slow now and work like crap.

I understand the hard feelings, but for me, I enjoyed my Playbook for two years and it's almost 2016 now so, abandoned platform or not, it'd be a dead device at this point anyway.

At least BB10 has achieved a level of usefulness the PB never saw. This OS can now trudge along with minor updates long into the future, same as OS 7. PB OS was never even close to BB10 level, it was half baked at best.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:03 AM
    Name one other company that abandoned their product like BlackBerry did with playbook. After leading their customers on for two years and then just completing giving them the shaft. And I'm over it ie playbook. But once burned. It seems BlackBerry powers to be think they can do the same thing again. Anyway back to my orinal question. Name one other company who screwed their customers like blackberry did with playbook. Hardware btw

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-24-15 12:33 AM
    Honestly, I was quite upset with the decision to not port BB10 to the PlayBook too. I still feel, even if in a slightly simplified form they could have done it. Anyway, after using my Z30 for about 2 years now, there's no way they could have sustained PlayBook development as is. It feels slow and dated. Not something I can say about the Z30 even now. They'd have to launch a PlayBook 2 or something.

As for BB10, not much they can do if devices aren't selling. They could have marketed yes, but that would lead to the inevitable fact that the app gap, despite work arounds is real. Majority of people don't want to put in extra work to get apps (some with little functionality), when they can get them on the platforms out of the box. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    12-24-15 12:41 AM
    The Playbook was the worst technological investment I ever did. Bb10 hasn't been much of a let down except the lack of apps that were supposedly on board with BlackBerry. But bb10 definitely is the best OS I've used but i will eventually move away from it due to still lack of apps.

I consider the priv but will it be abandoned like everything else from them?

Posted via CB10
    mkiiw likes this.
    12-24-15 12:50 AM
    You are right it is depressing that going forward, the OS10 will not be supported or enhanced. This was not a John Chen initiative but market driven. It was driven by bad strategic decisions by RIM aka Blackberry which John Chen tried to rectify but too late in the fast paced tech marketplace. Right now I am still very happy with my passport. It does everything I require from a smartphone aka handheld computer. I also have a desktop and a ipad air. Each are for unique applications and use. I see no compelling reason (OS driven) at this stage to switch my passport for an iphone or Android phone. Maybe down the road. Maybe you can tell me why.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 12:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    At the time, and maybe commodore still holds the record today, commodore had broken all sales record.

12-24-15 01:19 AM
    Considering that all companies stop supporting their devices about three years after their launches, I can't see BlackBerry do any different. I have a Samsung S3, Note 2, Asus Transformer and Prime that are no longer supported. My Nexus 7 and Note 3 are about to reach the end of support.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-15 04:23 AM
    A pattern of deceit & breach of trust... that in a bunch who proffer security !! Pfft...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 08:56 AM
    If I had contempt in my heart for BlackBerry I would sell all my devices and move on, never looking back.

Hate is a consuming fire. Life is too short for that.

Last edited by paulbbp; 12-24-15 at 12:38 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-24-15 10:58 AM
52 123