Now that BlackBerry is slowly becoming available again here in Colombia, I am without question making the switch back. However, BlackBerry has made the decision tough, as each one of these three handsets has a very different defining feature separate from one another. Which of the defining features is the most useful of the three phones for you? This was likely your deciding factor as each will be running the newest OS in a month's time, correct?

Blackberry Passport: Wide Screen, high resolution display.
    Classic: Full, classic keyboard with tool belt.
    Q10: Replaceable battery for...well, endless, battery life.

*Is the Passport wide screen display so much better than the classic keyboard or replaceable battery that the Passport becomes a must have?

*Is the Classic keyboard reason enough to ditch the replaceable batter and stick with a smaller, low resolution display?

*Is the Q10 replaceable battery & peace of mind enough to go with the smaller device and not get the big screen or classic keyboard?
    01-16-15 10:42 PM
    I think the defining feature of each device is this:

Passport is the screen size.

Classic is the toolbelt

Q10 is the compact size and lack of the toolbelt.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-16-15 10:45 PM
    Forget the Q10. Battery on both the Passport and Classic will more than last you the day. Q10 is a good phone but not comparable to the other two. Regarding which one, depends on your needs. Classic is more of a phone outright. Passport is a mini tablet and a phone; is also the more powerful device. Good luck

Posted from my Classic Passport
    01-16-15 10:47 PM

Classic is the toolbelt

#CB10 #WorkWide
    Forgot to specify the belt. I always tie that in with the keyboard. Thanks for clarifying.

Judging by your signature, you have the Passport. Is the screen size so much better that it makes it worth giving up the other two features mentioned for the other two phones?
    01-16-15 10:49 PM
    Is is more of a one handed vs two handed. If you don't mind being a two handed mobile person, go with the Passport, it is the most feature complete in regards of specs that BlackBerry has to offer right now. You'll have a phone that will last and won't get obsolete anytime soon. If you definitely are a one handed phone person, perhaps the Classic is your device unless you have small hands, then the Q10 will be more comfortable.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    01-16-15 11:07 PM
    The screen on the Passport is really great. Being able to read an article all on one page that you would have had to scroll multiple times on any other device makes it invaluable to me. Actually, even moreso for typing emails. If you type lengthy emails on your device, the Passport is the best choice, hands down. Also, being able to use the keyboard to flick words and swipe to delete an entire word at a time is quite a joy to do.
    It really should be considered more a portable computer that also makes phone calls as it will give you a better idea of what you are actually investing in. Between the Q10 and the Classic, I would go with the Classic for the bigger screen and classier look, in my opinion. I have not used either but of people that have both, I have not heard of anyone who prefers the Q10. The battery is not really an issue as it will last you through an entire day with heavy use.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-16-15 11:17 PM
    Well, IMO it goes like this. If you already had a Q10, a Classic would almost be pointless so the result should totally be a passport. If you've never had a BB10 device before, Q10 should be better to get to know the OS, the Passport could be a little too much.

So I guest you should either get a Q10 or a Passport. The Classic is nice and all but with a price like that BlackBerry could do better.

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-17-15 07:54 PM

Classic is the toolbelt

#CB10 #WorkWide
    Exactly. Each has its advantages. I had the Q10 prior to the Passport. Great device! Got the Passport for the screen. Love it. Always some trade offs. It is all about what you need to communicate and work effectively.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 08:35 PM
    There is simply no universal answer to your question. Each phone targets a specific market.

Visit the other phone sub-forum and thread
    01-17-15 08:47 PM
    Forgot to specify the belt. I always tie that in with the keyboard. Thanks for clarifying.

Judging by your signature, you have the Passport. Is the screen size so much better that it makes it worth giving up the other two features mentioned for the other two phones?
    Well yes, it makes a huge difference actually when reading documents and even browsing websites, you can go desktop mode and it's fine with a bit of zooming.

So it really depends on what your priorities are. If you or anyone's main priority are to use a phone as a phone, and not as a laptop or tablet replacement, then do not get the Passport as the bulkiness of the phone is not worth it.

I take my q10 with me to the gym and out at night.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-18-15 12:22 AM
    So far I own all three phones, although I am going to sell the Passport next week. As you already pointed out, each one has its own, unique features which makes them interesting. One of the most important concerns is related to size and weight of the device, but also a lot of what you actually intend to do with it and what kind of workflow you like/have/develop.

Passport:
    As you already stated the screen indeed is one of the prime features. It is really *that* good. The amount of content displayed is impressive, especially webbrowsing, reading documents, editing documents but also viewing longer mails/conversations or even reading e-book like content the screen gives you really a big advantage over both the other smaller square BB10 displays or typical candy bar screens.
    Next feature would be the impressive battery life, I have been able to use this phone two days without charging, simply not possible with any other phone I have used the last three to four years.
    The keys are much wider compared to the other QWERTYs, so even if you have big thumbs you'll never hit two of them with by accident. Downside are longer travel times for your thumbs compared to the other, more compact keyboards.
    Last but not least the Passport does feature very modern internal specs, while it is IMO not required for BB10, it gives you the ease of mind you get high-end hardware for your money. It also helps a lot with those Android apps in terms of loading times and performance.

Classic:
    The main feature here would be the return of the toolbelt and trackpad. You can actually use large parts of the OS without ever touching the screen, which comes handy if you are on the go and have only on hand available. Vice versa you do not need to take advantage if this all the time, I use my Classic gesture based mostly, like I did with the other two phones. The trackpad is also great for text editing and browsing the web, due to the cursor for websites.
    The second feature would be the redesigned keyboard which is indeed that much better. The keys are a small tad wider only (compared to Q10), but it is enough to notice. They are better shaped and raised higher. The whole keyboard has the very best tactile feedback of any mobilephone I've ever used. Period.
    The screen has a lower ppi compared to the Qs but you barely notice it, yet the additional 0.4" really helps IMO. You don't get more content, but everything is simply better readable.

Q10:
    The main features, especially from todays point of view, considering market and (BlackBerry internal) competition are quickly noted.
    It is the most compact and lightweight phone of the bunch, it easily fits into your hands, goes in literally every pocket. It is lightweight, yet well built.
    The battery can be replaced easily, which is not only helpful if you are a very heavy user, but it also means you can easily replace a degrading battery after one or one and a half years by yourself. With a Passport or Classic? Could be difficult.
    Last but not least you'll need to look at the price. At least around here the Q10 starts at about EUR 240, the Classic at EUR 360. You pay a third less and still have the very same internal hardware, with most of the other features being personal taste more or less, minus that keyboard maybe.

As I already stated I own all of those three phones. The Q10 since May 2013, the Passport since late October 2014 and the Classic just arrived a week ago. I keep the Classic, I didn't like typing experience with my flow on the Passport, also the size was quite inconvenient at times. It also draws always attention by everyone, which some people like, I however really dislike it and rather go with a more discreet phone.

Forget the Q10. Battery on both the Passport and Classic will more than last you the day. Q10 is a good phone but not comparable to the other two. Regarding which one, depends on your needs. Classic is more of a phone outright. Passport is a mini tablet and a phone; is also the more powerful device. Good luck

Posted from my Classic Passport
    I have to completely disagree here. The Q10 IMO still has a place in the choice. For people who like compact devices, the Q10 is a great choice. The Classic might just have a 3.5" screen, but it is comparable to those 4.5" candy bar devices, which already is too large for some.
    Regarding the battery, I have to say the Classic only lasts a tad longer for me. I also have to consider the Qs battery is now more than 20 months old, so it is degraded already.
    Build quality on the Q could be better (battery cover and contact), but at least the material used on the back of the phone feels and looks more premium compared to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-18-15 02:06 AM
    I just put in an order for the passport, and the big thing for me (aside from the aspect ratio, size, physical kb, etc.) is the spec's. It's the first real phone from BlackBerry that has the spec's to match with the "big boys" (nexus 6, note 4, etc.). Here's hoping it's worth every penny....

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:00 AM
    Honestly, I have not seen a mobile device that is better for handling documents than the Passport.

The width takes some getting used to, but for me it was more than worth it.
    01-18-15 04:03 AM