I would like to know how to change where my camera photos are stored, either on the phone or on the memory card.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:39 PM
    Launch camera then open settings and choose save on media card.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:50 PM
    usually when you take the first photo with the camera you are prompted on where to save the photos and videos. Otherwise in the camera app under settings, there is a selection to save to media card.
    04-02-15 07:51 PM
    It doesn't look like you can actually choose any directory. I think the only choices are the Camera directory on the Device or the Media Card.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708
    04-03-15 03:16 PM
    I believe danp has the winning answer. From the OP's post, it appears that he already knew he can save images on the media card. He was asking whether a specific folder of his choosing is possible. This goes to show -- and I'm often guilty as well -- that many times we just glance at the question and make our own assumptions. I just think that's funny.
    04-03-15 03:57 PM
    I believe danp has the winning answer. From the OP's post, it appears that he already knew he can save images on the media card. He was asking whether a specific folder of his choosing is possible. This goes to show -- and I'm often guilty as well -- that many times we just glance at the question and make our own assumptions. I just think that's funny.
    Oops.
    What would be the use case?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:55 PM
    Oops.

Posted via CB10
    Not having to move them to another folder if that's what you want?
    04-03-15 06:14 PM
    Oops.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't mind being able to save work pics to a "Work" folder, and family pics to a "Family" folder. Or for a reator, save pics of different properties in different folders.
    04-03-15 06:45 PM
    I wouldn't mind being able to save work pics to a "Work" folder, and family pics to a "Family" folder. Or for a reator, save pics of different properties in different folders.
    That's a valid case. But how does the camera app know if just taken picture is work or family? Don't you have to perform some manual action to assign a tag or something? If so then I don't see a difference compared to manually copying a file to dedicated folder.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:20 PM
    Sure, the phone wouldn't know. I wouldn't mind changing it manually. Sometimes, it's embarrassing showing someone a saved screenshot, and they see other pics of my funny faces.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-03-15 07:27 PM
    Sure, the phone wouldn't know. I wouldn't mind changing it manually. Sometimes, it's embarrassing showing someone a saved screenshot, and they see other pics of my funny faces.
    I agree. The camera app lacks an easy mechanism for tagging just taken photos. In the pictures app there is a concept of hidden pictures that might help in your case but it doesn't solve the broad issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:39 PM