Had a play on the passport the other day and was like both wow and yikes.

THE YIKES:

I tried to write a text message on the keyboard and it was a mess, I was hopeless of the keyboard

I tried the touchscreen and found it a bit odd, maybe the square size of the screen

Anyone else feel like that when they tried it? I am coming from a z10 and z30

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 04:59 PM
    I couldn't type at first, but now I absolutely love the keyboard....!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:04 PM
    You get used to the keyboard quickly. I dont really need to look down when I'm typing now.

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz likes this.
    07-07-15 05:06 PM
    The keyboard takes getting used to. Just like getting used to a virtual keyboard if you move from hard keys.
    Took me just under a week to adjust and have it down.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:08 PM
    I agree with OP. I almost bought one at my local AT&T store just based on the beautiful large high quality square display. But then I thought I should try out the keyboard. I ended up buying the Classic... which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

Posted from my BlackBerry Classic on AT&T
    07-07-15 05:08 PM
    Yes, classic keyboard felt great.

Does anyone use pp as an e reader with the likes of kindle? How is it?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use Kindle on my Passport all the time (the Google Play version) and it's very good. The added width allows me to use a fairly large font without getting a newspaper column effect. I prefer it by far to Kindle on my OnePlus One, and I like it almost as much as my PaperWhite. Highlighting and annotations work fine.

My only complaint is that the most recent version can be slow to open. Once it's open it performs well.
    07-07-15 05:32 PM
    Thanks Ubizmo that's useful because I have Kobo on my one plus one too so will have another look.

I guess I am trying to decide if the passport can do some of the things my iPad mini can do such as e reader so I can just carry one device.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 06:22 PM
    At first it can seem a bit top heavy at least when I first purchased it, now typing is a breeze. The awkwardness will pass in a day or two.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    the3maples likes this.
    07-07-15 07:46 PM
    Yes, classic keyboard felt great.

Posted via CB10
    I use the native Playepub Book Reader with my Passport and it works great as a book reader.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:34 PM
    Just give it some time... if after a month and you are still not comfortable with the physical keyboard, then we can conclude that Passport is not for you...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:41 PM
    Never had a physical keyboard until the Passport. The Storm was my first smartphone. Took me about a few days and I was banging out messages pretty quick.

My mom loved the large screen for her eyes and saw the AT&T version which she thought was more feminine looking so my sister and I got her the AT&T version for Mother's Day.

Coming from iPhones, it took her about a week to get used to the keyboard. Once we found the Skinomi pink skin and removed the Seidio case it was much better for her and she loves it. Was a little worried about apps, but everything is working well from weight watchers to fitbit and everything else.

She loves it; not sure what her next upgrade will be after the Passport unless they actually do a Passport 2. Excellent device. Best BlackBerry built to date.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:53 PM
    I guess I am trying to decide if the passport can do some of the things my iPad mini can do such as e reader so I can just carry one device.
    Posted via CB10
    Cough...the Passport can do everything your mini can do and much more...cough

CB10 - Passport
    07-07-15 10:54 PM
    Cough...the Passport can do everything your mini can do and much more...cough

CB10 - Passport
    While I have some other BB10s, the Passport is really all I need for everything eliminating the iPad I was given for Xmas. Haven't touched that in a while. The Passport is my mini-laptop. Pay bills, print from it... does everything I need!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:32 PM
    I've loved mine from the start. It was love at first sight. I have a bunch of BlackBerry 10 devices, love em' all, but the Passport is the very best. I find the width to be awesome. I just got my Leap and actually really like the design of it, but it's so skinny!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:32 AM
    Since I recently went from z10 to z30 do you think the passport is really worth the jump? It's about US$600 here including a flop cover

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 04:15 AM
    I use the native Playepub Book Reader with my Passport and it works great as a book reader.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Love that app.

Via my Red Passport
    07-08-15 08:58 AM
    How is the red passport?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:12 AM
    How is the red passport?

Posted via CB10
    In my case, lovely. I enjoy owning a phone that's not black or white or gold

Via my Red Passport
    07-08-15 09:26 AM
    I've had my Passport since January. I came from a Sony Z Ultra, so I'm used to big phones and big screens. The Passport is much more pocketable.

Back in "prehistoric times", I had a 9800 and a 9810. Both times of switching to BB, there was a period of getting used to the physical keyboard. And both times the effort was well worth it. The difference is that the Passport has touch sensitive gestures. And, since I rarely read a phone manual, I still need to take the time to read the section on gestures. My thumb hovering the wrong way will still rarely but occasionally move the cursor position or wipe out a word. Both fixable, but also very avoidable if I take the time to understand gestures. A word to the wise. That's coming, I swear it.

I'm with Ubizmo on the Kindle app. It works really well when I don't have my paperwhite handy. I still prefer my Kindle device and the book-like shape and size. But the Passport fills in very nicely.
    07-08-15 10:00 AM
    I am coming from the Z30 and for sure there is a learning curve for typing, holding and carrying the Passport!
    Use it for one week and you will not regret it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-08-15 07:13 PM
    Had a play on the passport the other day and was like both wow and yikes.

THE YIKES:

I tried to write a text message on the keyboard and it was a mess, I was hopeless of the keyboard

I tried the touchscreen and found it a bit odd, maybe the square size of the screen

Anyone else feel like that when they tried it? I am coming from a z10 and z30

Posted via CB10
    Not to worry!! There is a bit of learning curve with the keyboard size and the capacitive touch feature and depending how big your thumbs are you may have to reposition so you can hit the center bar.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-10-15 11:26 AM
    I'm a iPhone user for many years. Decided to try out BlackBerry.
    PP was my very first BlackBerry. Didn't have a chance to try it. Just read all the review and got it. I have never regret buy PP. Just love everything about it. The odd shape the physical keyboard the security. Just love it.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:20 PM
    If you're a confident person who gets a thrill trying something new and is curious about new ideas and new ways of doing things, the Passport is definitely for you.

If you don't have time for that and to you a phone is for some calls and text messages, the Passport may be overqualified for your needs.
    07-10-15 12:46 PM