01-05-15 10:03 PM
66 123
tools
    How does the phone stay in the case? It is tape like the BlackBerry one?

Posted via CB10

No adhesives. The inside of the case has two sides: the left, which has two slots for cards, and the right, which has a pretty unobtrusive case that the Passport snaps into. You can actually see it in some of the pictures on Amazon when you realize that you're seeing black trim instead of stainless steel around the phone's edges.

It's actually a better case than I expected in a lot of ways, but I would have paid a lot more for one of better quality materials and workmanship. I'm also going to have to rig a sleep magnet in there somewhere......
    11-03-14 09:55 PM
    Do you know anything on their flip cases?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:12 PM
    If JC is reading any of this, and I know some have a different opinion, this situation is pathetic. Modified, special order, rigged up cases for the Passport?

They produced a nice device, but most people like to protect their investment as well.

Posted via CB10
    aghs likes this.
    11-03-14 10:27 PM
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/downloads/Blackberry%20Passport%20Leather%20and%20Wool%20fel t%20Case%20with%20card%20holder%20_%20RYAN%20Londo n.html
    11-04-14 11:28 AM
    Can you give a link to buy?
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/downloads/Blackberry%20Passport%20Leather%20and%20Wool%20fel t%20Case%20with%20card%20holder%20_%20RYAN%20Londo n.html

http://ryanlondon.com/products/black...th-card-holder
    11-04-14 11:30 AM
    I've ordered a custom case from storyleather.com. I've been told to expect it in about a month.

I ordered a Monticello in black pebbled leather exterior, burgundy leather interior...belt clip...monogrammed (because it's customized!). With shipping total is about $125 USD.

I'm going to do an unboxing/reveal video once it arrives. I'll keep you posted on progress.

I will say their online process, live text chat, and phone service is really excellent! And they have a number of choices that they can make to accommodate the passport. there are a couple models that they'll punch a hole in for the notification LED. I didn't go that route. I prefer a phone without a screen protector and rubber baby buggy bumper on it.

That said...now...we wait.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:22 PM
    I've ordered a custom case from storyleather.com. I've been told to expect it in about a month.

I ordered a Monticello in black pebbled leather exterior, burgundy leather interior...belt clip...monogrammed (because it's customized!). With shipping total is about $125 USD.

I'm going to do an unboxing/reveal video once it arrives. I'll keep you posted on progress.

I will say their online process, live text chat, and phone service is really excellent! And they have a number of choices that they can make to accommodate the passport. there are a couple models that they'll punch a hole in for the notification LED. I didn't go that route. I prefer a phone without a screen protector and rubber baby buggy bumper on it.

That said...now...we wait.

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to your review!

I've spoken to them via their on line chat and email regarding a sleeper magnet. They say they will look into incorporating one . I'm hoping to get a Passport in January so I'm hoping that they may be able to have one available with one by then.

Here's hoping...!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:39 PM
  8. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Attachment 307129

Here's the RyanLondon case with Passport inside.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I bought that case also but am still waiting for it to arrive. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind, can you please post pics of the passport with the ryan pouch in different angles? and do you think a the passport with hard case shell would fit in it? Thanks!
    11-15-14 05:02 AM
    I have it in the black and with the hard shell I was able to get in but super hard to get out. I have had mine for over two weeks now and I can tell just by using the RLONDON case with passport (not shell) it is loosening up. Maybe over time it will fit comfortably with the shell.
    11-15-14 01:18 PM
    I bought this case for my wife. It was about $20 shipped, from Italy to Canada and took about ten days to arrive. I bought it on eBay. The red was a custom colour.

Attachment 311045

Posted via CB10
    Hey. Is yours really thin and does the passport come out easy?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:33 PM
    Hey. Is yours really thin and does the passport come out easy?

Posted via CB10
    It is probably as thin as the Blackberry pouches, but made of a softer leather. The phone slides in and out easily. It is probably three or four millimetres wider than it needs to be.

I just ordered two more and asked if they could be made a bit narrower. I like a more snug fit.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:44 PM
    It is probably as thin as the Blackberry pouches, but made of a softer leather. The phone slides in and out easily. It is probably three or four millimetres wider than it needs to be.

I just ordered two more and asked if they could be made a bit narrower. I like a more snug fit.

Posted via CB10
    Yea. It is snug with the tpu case, but I want a naked option to shoe the great design. I might just put a stitch in it a couple mm in from one side. See what happens.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:00 PM
    The StoryLeather case arrived today. It's beautiful. It's well made. It took two months to arrive (one to make, and one to mysteriously weave its way here from California - no thanks to USPS and Canada Post).

Some background: I ordered the storyleather case because nothing was forthcoming from Blackberry. I hate gel cases and have always preferred a holster or pouch type case for protection.

So, I ordered a Monticello case...blah blah blah...two months later it has finally arrived. Again, beautiful materials, well made, but a REALLY tight fight. The case also fully covers the sides, which means without some significant stretching (or possibly cutting the right side), the volume buttons are depressed and it changes volume on the phone. Getting the phone out is no problem, except I need to turn off the "wake when picked up" feature because the screen and keys are activated and it opens up an app in the bottom right of my screen (I have Assistant there).

So, the unboxing video...meh. Nice case. It's not specifically designed for the passport and that's an issue, I think. I'll definitely be trying it and stretching it out to keep it from pushing the volume buttons. But the annoyances are enough that I'm actually considering the Blackberry leather swivel holster.

A final downside is that the StoryLeather case does take at least a month for delivery - if you live in the USA you have faster delivery options, good for you.

PROS: Beautifully made with quality materials. Case covers the entire phone. As customized as you want in terms of materials, colours, attachments, clasps, straps, embossing, etc. Made to order to fit the passport perfectly.*

CONS: Costs the same as the official Blackberry Swivel Holster case. While made to order to fit the passport perfectly*, it's a snug fit. There are no holes or spaces for access to LED, volume, charging port, etc. SNUG fit so buttons get pressed when putting it in/taking it out and may annoying you enough to to turn off the advanced interactions. Magnet clasp does not wake the phone (apparently this may come on later refinements).

So would I buy the Storyleather.com case for the passport. A different style of case maybe. Time will tell, but my gut reaction (which is, sadly, usually right) is to put this aside as a lesson in patience, and just got out and get the Blackberry Passport case. So yeah. A bit bummed.
    01-05-15 06:49 PM
    I too got my case from 'Ryan London' and it's fantastic! Looks very classy and gets as much attention as the Passport. Well worth the money for a leather, money case.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 07:01 PM
    That's Europe for you. Pouches as opposed to belt clips.

Something to be said for that....
    01-05-15 08:15 PM
    That's Europe for you. Pouches as opposed to belt clips.

Something to be said for that....
    I live in the US and prefer a pouch? Unless it's the vaja agenda I'm waiting to receive...

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 10:03 PM
66 123