Sadly, this thread will probably still be active for another 2 months, until the Passport is released.
    07-10-14 03:21 PM
    Sadly, this thread will probably still be active for another 2 months, until the Passport is released.
    I like turtles?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 03:22 PM
    Can you tell me what good would it do for Arabic and Japanese input?
    For Japanese is not an issue, it's like on PC.

You type "ka" and it show the hiragana か, then you type "me" and it shows the hiragana "め".
    When you press space, it automatically choose the right word from the word prediction (that is shown in green), or you can manually change it.
    In this case, you type kame and it inserts 亀.

For Arabic input I don't know how it works, but it can really annoying considering there are 28 consonants... I don't know how it works anyway, I don't know any languages that use that alphabet.
    07-10-14 03:37 PM
    I like turtles?
    I like trains.
    MarsupilamiX and calivol like this.
    07-10-14 03:37 PM
    You obviously didn't understand my post, but that's fine. I've already noticed that you'll ignore the glaring shortcomings of the Passport and defend it tooth and nail all the while trying to spin any post that constructively argues and points out these shortcomings.

Posted via CB10
    Constructive arguments in this thread?! No way! Where?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    grover5 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:39 PM
    You obviously didn't understand my post, but that's fine. I've already noticed that you'll ignore the glaring shortcomings of the Passport and defend it tooth and nail all the while trying to spin any post that constructively argues and points out these shortcomings.

Posted via CB10
    Well I for one totally understood your post and know what?

I can't f'kn hear it anymore. I read the exact same sh1t around 2,834 times from 5 different posters in 5 threads already so be sure that

We totally got the point like 2,500 posts ago

...so what about finally shutting up and moving on, wait and see? I'm neither happy with this solution and am super disappointed cause I wanted this device to be my next Bold 9000. At least I'll test it.

Thanks.
    grover5, Dee_Hayes and dejanh like this.
    07-10-14 04:41 PM
    07-10-14 05:40 PM
    But where is my Alt key? Where? WHERE??!!

07-10-14 05:55 PM
    It keep getting worse and worse as BlackBerry tries to spin shortcomings as something positive.

The 4th row contextual on-screen keyboard can not possibly display all the numbers and symbols used for passwords; so unless you're using an incredibly insecure password, then you'll be forced to invoke the full virtual keyboard to type passwords.

Scrolling on the Q10 is already faster and more efficient than having to double tap the touch sensitive keyboard just to scroll. Space bar for scroll page, "b" key to scroll to the bottom immediately and "t" key to scroll to the top immediately; and depending on app "n" key for next and "p" key for previous. I imagine that these keyboard shortcuts will also work on the Passport; well, I mean I hope they do or BlackBerry will have to update the Passport OS in rather fast order to avoid QWERTY users negative backlash.

Using the touch sensitive keyboard for cursor placement when it quicker to tap exactly on the screen location? Nobody is going too have a problem with cursor placement on a 4.5" screen unless they're using the font at bellow 8; but I can see this making less efficient users happy. And hold the shift key the swipe on the keyboard to select text? What shift key? On the screen? Are you kidding?...

Hold the letter key and then lightly tap the key for accented letters? Is BlackBerry serious here? Some letters have up to 6 different accents! How in the heck are you supposed to chose which accent? Light multiple taps? What a joke.

About the only 2 things that are actually good is swipe t delete and flick to type. Wow, the Passport fanbois will be all over this!

But where is my Alt key? Where? WHERE??!!

I'm guessing it's in the same place the shift key you hold to text select; on the screen. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    CeCoQ likes this.
    07-10-14 06:04 PM
    The way the guy holds it, looks like it would have been better balanced with a real 4th keyboard row.
    seems as though the letters on the 3rd row of the current keyboard would have been easier to reach with such a design as well.

It looks top heavy.
    Have to hold one...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 07-11-14 at 07:14 AM.
    07-10-14 06:07 PM
    Wish they will post a video with someone typing full speed using the Passport keyboard.....include numbers and symbols.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-10-14 06:22 PM
    Enough already. This arguing has got to stop now. Before someone goes to far.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    07-10-14 07:40 PM
    Alright stop the arguing. If you cant discuss this like adults you can take a timeout in the corner.
    07-10-14 07:41 PM
    Wish they will post a video with someone typing full speed using the Passport keyboard.....include numbers and symbols.

Posted via CB10
    So far everything points to not being able to type full speed like a fully featured QWERTY keyboard or blind type using tactile feedback and muscle memory since there seems to be too many points in which a user will be forced to stop typing on the keys to do gestures and/or tap on the screen to input any number (or string of numbers) and symbols (common or extended).

It seems the Q10, Q5, Classic and every other fully featured QWERTY keyboard device will be more efficient in what the Passport was designed to do, typing. The Passport will certainly beat the Q10, Q5 and classic in media consumption though.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 07:54 PM
    I read the blog. I'm not too sure about the keyboard now more than ever. "Touch keys". What?
    This quote from the article makes me even more nervous: "With the Passport�s touch-enabled keyboard, you�ll be able to navigate web pages, apps and e-mails by lightly brushing your fingers over the keys, which helps with things like scrolling and cursor placement. It�s a minimalist design that maximizes BlackBerry Passport�s already-awesome amount of screen real estate. You�ll be able to read documents faster, as well as keep your fingers close to the keys, ready to type".
    I don't know about you guys, but lightly brushing over the keys is something that can happen without me wanting it to. So the cursor is going to end-up not where you want it.
    "Touch keys", Really??
    How is the keyboard going to differentiate between a wanted "touch" and an unwanted touch. All this is just adding to my sadness about this device.
    07-10-14 09:23 PM
    I read the blog. I'm not too sure about the keyboard now more than ever. "Touch keys". What?
    This quote from the article makes me even more nervous: "With the Passport�s touch-enabled keyboard, you�ll be able to navigate web pages, apps and e-mails by lightly brushing your fingers over the keys, which helps with things like scrolling and cursor placement. It�s a minimalist design that maximizes BlackBerry Passport�s already-awesome amount of screen real estate. You�ll be able to read documents faster, as well as keep your fingers close to the keys, ready to type".
    I don't know about you guys, but lightly brushing over the keys is something that can happen without me wanting it to. So the cursor is going to end-up not where you want it.
    "Touch keys", Really??
    How is the keyboard going to differentiate between a wanted "touch" and an unwanted touch. All this is just adding to my sadness about this device.
    According to the same blog post, you have to double tap the touch sensitive keyboard in order to move the cursor; but your nervousness may be valid if your screen scrolls all over the place when you lightly brush over the keys while typing.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-10-14 09:33 PM
    You think the minds at blackberry have not tested this device for real world situations. I think you can be safe to say the it has been tested thoroughly and functions with out issues such as accidental scrolling. If that was the case they would not release it.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:39 PM
    You think the minds at blackberry have not tested this device for real world situations. I think you can be safe to say the it has been tested thoroughly and functions with out issues such as accidental scrolling. If that was the case they would not release it.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't be to sure about that. They keep basting how the Passport is designed for productivity and every new blog post and news report about the QWERTY+Virtual combo gives us a very dire picture how this devices falls incredibly short for productivity.

As always we will have to wait and see once the device is released to know if what BlackBerry says is true or not; but so far, from what I'm seeing I won't be getting a Passport even if it was a free upgrade from my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure they did lots of testing. But, Look at laptop touchpads. Tell me you never brushed one while using it and the cursor ended-up somewhere you never intended. Look at the touch screen on any phone. You never accidentally touched somewhere on the screen you never intended to touch?
    How can you have your fingers over the keys without accidentally touching some key you didn't mean to touch. Sorry, but I'm not buying this "innovation".
    CeCoQ likes this.
    07-10-14 09:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    They can't do that. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:33 PM
    Thurask, you are really a die hard fan of the BlackBerry. Really supporting them. But if something is wrong. It's wrong. :-). But here we aren't criticizing it to make it worst. We are trying to make it better.

It looks like that Blog release in that link up there was a reply to this forum. But I guess we will argue here back and forth until we see the phone in person.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:38 PM
    They can't do that. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    But a video showing how the keyboard works compare to a traditional (and proven) keyboard like the one on a Bold 9000.....will be much better then any number of blogs trying to describe in words.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 11:00 PM
    Thurask, you are really a die hard fan of the BlackBerry. Really supporting them. But if something is wrong. It's wrong. :-). But here we aren't criticizing it to make it worst. We are trying to make it better.

It looks like that Blog release in that link up there was a reply to this forum. But I guess we will argue here back and forth until we see the phone in person.

Posted via CB10
    I probably won't buy a three-row Passport. I probably won't buy a four-row Passport either, though. A no-row Passport, on the other hand...

Regardless, I'd wait until the thing comes out to make any judgments about whether the keyboard really is the crime against humanity/manna from Heaven that some think it is. But it sure is a differentiator, and that blog post is part of the crucial second opinion.
    lift and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-10-14 11:02 PM
    Enough already. This arguing has got to stop now. Before someone goes to far.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Alright stop the arguing. If you cant discuss this like adults you can take a timeout in the corner.
    This will go on forever, if the people you wanted to address with this will not get approached directly by name/ID. There is no other way they will ever get it. And even then they will continue, and explain to you why they are right and why what you asked for is inappropriate.
    dejanh likes this.
    07-11-14 01:50 AM
    Using the touch sensitive keyboard for cursor placement when it quicker to tap exactly on the screen location? Nobody is going too have a problem with cursor placement on a 4.5" screen unless they're using the font at bellow 8; but I can see this making less efficient users happy.
    No, the screen is not precise enough for that.
    That's why a lot of people criticize the lack of a trackpad on Q10, because it drops down efficiency.
    07-11-14 03:41 AM
564 ... 20212223